“Poorly informed staff”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went for a meal on Saturday 9th June and the restaurant was quite messy but as we were a large party we didn’t mind as they could take our table. We ordered our drinks only to be told there was no - vodka, gin- cider and the list goes on. The manager told me it was because they had been shut for a 3 day refurb. I understand that but why did the team not know this. Can I say Jason our server was fantastic in dealing with the situation. I would also like to say there was no hot or cold running water in the loos which I don’t really know how legal that is. When leaving we noticed that most of the tables had dirty plates on them so to be honest quite a poorly run restaurant management wise.
After complaining on their website they sent a generic email thanking me for the compliment - oh the only one they replied to was the compliment about pit waiter and not the complaint we made.
I replied asking for their reply only to get an email asking how they did. It's a shame when a large chain that that personal touch is lost. I'm in this game and personally own and contact every unhappy guest because as I know you cannot please everyone, but if you make sure you guest leave happy you never get bad feedback.

Unhappy Guest

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely meal here on a Thursday early evening. Tried some of the new summer items. Particularly enjoyed the pollo Milanese which I’m very pleased they’ve brought back. The service was excellent. Everything very clean. A very pleasant environment particularly by the window with the sun out. Will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food which everyone enjoyed. Service was ok, staff did seem busy & stressed but this did not affect our meal. Would visit again when offers on.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Called at pizza express in Blackpool on Sunday night. We had tried Saturday the night before, but were pre warned that food would be 45 min to 1 hour wait - even though it didn't look too busy so we decide to leave it

On arrival on Sunday it was quite empty with only about half dozen tables in. We were placed by the till area (a decision I'm sure the manager who seated us would later regret!) We ordered a bottle of Merlot and were again served by the manager, who in a very condescending manner explained that the wine had sediment so we shouldn't complain (gestured by waving his hands in the air, making a wailing noise). We ordered the antipasti which surprisingly took 30 min to arrive despite being a cold dish, the mains were then delivered before the starter plates were cleared. I asked for a fresh set of cutlery but after waiting and seeing the waiter go to clear tables - I got some myself. I ordered the superfood salad, paying £2 extra for chicken which equates to about 30g of chicken! ! My partner ordered a Romana pizza which was burnt on the edges!!

During our visit and prime spot by the till, we witnessed a group of 4 complaining and requesting a reduction in their bill due to poor service, time taken and the manager's attitude, best thing was - their visit was supplemented by a 25% discount voucher due to a previous visit and their dissatisfaction. Following this, a female pointed out to the manager that there wasn't a single toilet roll in the ladies toilet!

Shortly after this 3 guys came to complain that they had been waiting 1 hour for a pizza and wished to leave, this resulted in an argument of raised voices during which their request for the company e mail address to complain was initially refused by the manager due to data protection?!? This alerted other customers to the issue of poor service and a table of 8 who said they'd been in hours waiting for food - got up and walked out without paying for what they'd had, quickly followed by a further 2 tables.

During our meal we had no check back from anyone to ask if all was ok, nor on leaving did any member of staff say goodbye. After what was definitely the worst meal experience we've ever had, we will not ever be returning to the Blackpool pizza express. I only hope the management see these reviews and tackle the issue of necessary training.

2  Thank Mick J
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently went here to use my Tesco voucher!

It was the first time I have been here and my first impression was a bad one.

This was because there was a homeless man sitting outside their front door. I don't know if they were aware of him or not but whilst I was there I saw several people, including a policeman speaking to him and he was right below where the two staff were, a girl and a boy, to the left of the door as you go in.

The door was open else I'd have probably gone another time, but I went in and saw a woman who I later thought was the manager as she did not acknowledge me but seemed to be phoning people, possibly to interview, I got that impression anyway.

So after a few seconds, I popped my head round the area where I heard voices coming from and the girl seated me by the window - opposite them and the view as mentioned before.

I was the only person in there!

The table wasn't very clean and I swapped my chair for another one as it had a stain on that I did not fancy sitting on.

Yikes .I felt rather awkward but I ordered my drink then a pizza.

My drink came straight away and it didn't take long for my pizza to arrive and it was fairly hot but a little short of mozzarella for saying I'd ordered a tomato and mozzarella one.

The girl came about three times asking if everything was okay and I said it was just okay.

Once I had almost finished my pizza a few more people came in, about four tables so it was much better.

I'm afraid I did tip the waitress even though it wasn't that good and I got a " you're welcome" strangely instead of "thank you" for it so I wished I had not bothered!

I would not visit this restaurant again.