All reviewselvis weekendclub class roomrock and rollturkey and tinselexcellent entertainmentevening mealgreat weekendcoach tripsea viewmeal timeshalf boardweekend breakwet roomwalk in showernext yearmy mumrestaurant staff
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great weekend thanks to the excellent service and lovely food at the Elgin. I was a little nervous having told my friends what a great hotel this is, but I didn't need to stress as it was all I expected and more.Every one had a great weekend and the entertainment was superb.The staff were very attentive, especially our waiter and we will certainly be back for more.
The room was large and airy, very clean and our towels were changed every day.
All my requirements were met including a lower floor bedroom to help with my mobility problems.
I asked for the first sitting at the evening meal and got it with no problem.
Even though the hotel was very busy nothing was too much trouble through out our stay.
The receptionist searched out a couple of shows for us and was very informative, explaining about the wheel chair access and our need to ring beforehand. She also got me the numbers and rang them for me. The cost was very reasonable and the journey included a coach from our local area. I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Blackpool.

Room Tip: Explain your needs and book early so as not to be disappointed. Choose a lower floor if possible as the higher floors get quite warm due to the heat rising.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Patch12014
NSeddon, Director at Elgin Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Patch
Many thanks for your very generous review, not least your comments about the staff. As a team we really do try to go that ‘extra mile’ for people and it’s great to receive such a positive feedback.
Many thanks also for bringing your friends to visit us.
Kind Regards and Best Wishes

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Spent Friday night there with my husband and could not have asked for a better room lovely food great service warm friendly welcome did not want to leave but we did. Only one criticism the receptionist when checking out in the morning was chewing gum this is my pet hate. Out of all the staff from top to bottom she was a let down although in her defence she was polite just spoiled by the gum sorry.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank betty_1946
NSeddon, Director at Elgin Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi Betty
Many thanks for your kind review – really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. To be honest I’m very surprised by the comments about chewing gum – It’s certainly a first but we will look into it.
Really hope that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just had another excellent weekend at the Elgin went for the Mamma Mia weekend what a brillant show, singing and dancing all night, a coach took us and picked us up after the show, which was great, entertainment on the Friday night was good.
The Elgin as usual,very clean lovley food and frendly staff, big thanks to u all,will be back,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Gail L

Hi Gail
Really pleased that you enjoyed our Mama Mia weekend. We have a ‘Riverdance Theatre Break’ in October if you fancy another top-line show. Great to know that we also looked after you well here at the hotel.
Kind Regards and Best Wishes

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed 2 nights with my elderly mom and have to say everyone we met at the Hotel was polite and helpful. In a morning the housekeeping team would always speak and seem to be very happy. Food was of good Quality, served hot and fresh with good variety. Both rooms were nice and very clean but on our return we will upgrade to a sea view or Executive room. The entertainment was ok, only point I would raise is that more people would be able to sit in the concert room if guests moved up a little. Wished we had booked for longer, sorry to leave. Will return hopefully soon. Stayed Sunday / Monday 6th & 7th July.

Room Tip: Can only go by other guests but the newly refurbished rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KEITH190786

Hi Keith
Many thanks for your constructive feedback. We have plans afoot for a new Cabaret room (probably 2016) and we might well go for allocated seating – all suggestions very welcome. Really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Warm Regards and Best Wishes

Reviewed 7 July 2014

10 of us from the Chester singles friendship club have just had a fantastic weekend Blackpool at the Elgin hotel we could not find fault with it friendly and helpful staff great food excellent hotel would recommend to anyone and will be going back there very soon.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Bh21a5

Dear Chester Singles
Thanks for the great feedback – really pleased that you all enjoyed your weekend. Ironically our daughter’s single and lives in Chester!
Kind regards