The Viking Hotel(Blackpool)
Free cancellation until 29/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$68
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$100/night.

Big Blue Hotel(Blackpool)
US$136
  • Breakfast included
Kings Hotel(Blackpool)
US$96
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

The Cliffs Hotel(Blackpool)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$104
  • Pool
The Ruskin Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$51
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewselvis weekendclub class roomrock and rollturkey and tinseleach eveningweekend breakexcellent entertainmentgreat weekendmeal timescoach triphalf boardsea viewnext yearwet roomwalk in showernothing is too much troublemy mum
Reviewed 8 November 2014

Just got back yesterday from our annual T & T few days with my husband and 88 year old mum, The Elgin for us just gets better and better everything is great , would recommend the hotel to anyone coming back time after time is just like coming home "one big happy family" . We wish to Say "A Big Thank You " to Nigel and all his fantastic team and we look forward to seeing you again on the 9th March.

Room Tip: We always ask for south facing rooms and have never been disappointed
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank evergreensHuddersfie
NSeddon, Director at Elgin Hotel Blackpool, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2014

Dear 'Evergreens from Huddersfield',
Many thanks for your 'Big Thank You' - it is very much appreciated. Really pleased that you all enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in March.
With Warm Regards and Best Wishes,

Reviewed 6 November 2014

I have recently returned from a two night break with my husband at the Elgin and was rather disappointed at the room we were allocated (127). The hotel is in a lovely position on the sea front making it accessible for the local transport. The bar and sun lounge have lots of comfy sofas for relaxing and the dining room is lovely. However our bedroom was extremely tired with floorboards that squeaked with every step, chipped furniture and a radiator that wouldn't adjust so we were roasting all night even though we slept with the window open. The bathroom was tiny and a little smelly and boasted an avocado suite. On the good side the staff were friendly, especially the waiters, and the food was very good with plenty of choice, especially at breakfast. It seems we were unlucky with our room and after reading other reviews so we might give it another try as the public areas and food were really nice.

Room Tip: Don't accept rooms at the side in the first floor eg 127
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara B

Dear Barbara
Dear Barbara
Many thanks for your review. We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food, service and hospitality. Naturally I was sorry to read your feedback about your bedroom. However, I can tell you that only on Tuesday of this week I asked our interior design to look at your room and include it in our winter refurbishment commencing in January. As you suggested, it is one of our ‘oldest’ rooms.
I do hope that you will return when we will do our utmost to let you have a larger and more recently refurbished bedroom.
We very much appreciate your comments.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 November 2014

the hotel was very good.food was good and staff were very friendly and helpful.The only downside was the parking,once parked you are blocked in if on impulse you want to move its not possible.If anyone goes i would suggest parking on adjacent streets.

Room Tip: we had sea view room 101 which was ok unless you want an early night and if there was something on in Stans bar this was not possible until well after 11oclock
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sheila
Many thanks for your feedback. We're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I take on board your point about the parking. It can be a problem at Illumination Weekends but usually we can juggle cars around when necessary. For future reference, I drive in to work twice a day and park on the side roads - I am seldom more than 100 yards from the hotel. As you say, this could well be your best course of action on next Illumination visit. I do hope we can be of future service.
With Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

My elderly Aunt and I arrived at The Elgin to a lovely warm welcome at reception from (if I remember correctly) Stu? (Scottish chap) 10 out of 10! He parked my car for me and upgraded us immediately. The clientele of The Elgin are 99.999% elderly coach trips and this reflects in the 'entertainment' but it IS Blackpool after all!
Food was lovely and plentiful, restaurant staff very pleasant with one being quite exceptional, if I were to open my own hotel i wouldn't hesitate to go back and offer the young guy a job immediately!!.....so General manager take heed!!
I believe the name was Mike or Jack (bearded one) We were able to hire a wheelchair on our second day for a reasonable fee which reception kindly organised with an outside company. The smaller lift on the far side of the building needs upgraded, which I was assured was in hand apart from that minor item a lovely stay, Thanks Elgin

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank jojo7171

Dear Jojo
Many thanks for your kind review. We're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay - Jack and Mike in particular. At the suggestion of one of the guests, Mike (the bearded chap) has volunteered to parade the Christmas Pudding around the Dining Room in nothing but his waiter's apron. However, as well as putting some of us off our Christmas Dinner, I had to politely decline his offer as I didn't want any elderly ladies falling off their dining chairs in a state of shock!
I do hope that we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Warm Regards and Best Wishes

Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a weekend 'spooktacular' with my partner and 3 young children. Although we didnt get off to the best start for our break away we can definatly say we have loved it!The kids had a ball at the halloween party and were amazed when we returned from the tower yesterday to a winter wonderland the hotel had been decorated for christmas and looked beautiful. The staff were brilliant and I can only thank everyone at the Elgin for making our families break magical. We will definatly be back to Blackpool and be staying at the Elgin!!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Steph
Many thanks for your feedback. Great to hear how much you and the family enjoyed our Halloween weekend. We do several weekends family weekends though out the year - not least our August 'Family Fun and Magic Weekend' in August.
We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Elgin.
With Warm Regards and Best Wishes,