“Disapointing. Dreadful!”

Ranked #641 of 853 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Staffordshire
“Disapointing. Dreadful!”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've know no idea if the people who put good reviews about this hotel are genuine or not. They must have had a lot of blind people who stayed at this hotel!!

The hotel is nothing more than basic\and believe me' this is me being kind.

The carpets are in need of some serious vacuuming. (I was itching all night!) The vacuum, which they clearly use, is situated in the lobby and believe me when i say that "Noah" had a better one. There is no way that that vacuum picks anything up. Why don't these people invest??? and buy a new vacuum and start cleaning the rooms properly!! There is no excuse for basic cleaning.

The pillows were like putting your head on a sweaty filled napkin.

No atmosphere!!

We went to make a coffee, in our room, only to find the milk cartons had gone sour and had curdled. I can't believe they don't keep these in a fridge and allocate new ones daily.

This hotel is a typical one of poor service in Blackpool who are only interested in taking your money and offering very little in return. Then they wonder why Blackpool is going down hill. Perhaps if the owners of these typical hotels actually kept these places clean then people might actuall go back time after time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank doublem4673

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I booked a room for me and my two daughters with this hotel last year, paid a £60 deposit had to cancel, but was told I could keep the deposit on a new booking for this year, I was never sent a confirmation, however did speak on the phone about 3 times just weeks before we were supposed to stay there. When I arrived there they had no knowledge of my booking, the receptionist was very defensive and rude, she kept telling me with no confirmation you wont have a room!! Im not an unreasonable person and did understand that it was my own fault for not asking for a second confirmation but surely she could have asked me and my two young children to have a seat and maybe help me find a room elsewhere, her customer service skills were not the best!!! We were left outside in the rain with our cases!! I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone, and obviuosly I was never offered my £60 back!!!

Room Tip: Always make sure you have a confirmation, even if you have changed your reservation and are told you...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LisaB616275
DukeriesBlackpool, General Manager at The Dukeries Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
We are sorry that you had problems with your reservation. When you originally cancelled we tried to assist by offering you to re-book for another date and credit your account with your original deposit - please note that deposits are not refundable. We had no record of your phone calls regarding your new reservation dates and had issued no paperwork. The receptionist was unable to offer a family room but offered 2 separate rooms and would arrange a credit for the £60 the following morning after speaking to the Proprietors. If you had requested assistance in finding alternative accommodation then we would have offered full help. The receptionist was not being rude but cannot allocate rooms that are not available. We cannot offer a refund of the deposit but should you wish to stay at the hotel for alternative dates we will happily credit your £60 against the reservation. If you would like to discuss further then please contact us.

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Lovely little hotel, very reasonably priced. Room 19 good size twin. Very close to Winter gardens and shops, and only 10 minute walk from Blackpool North train station (or £5 in taxi). Owner very pleasant and helpful and would certainly stay here again if I ad to go to Blackpool.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The Hilton hotel has too much going on, this little hotel in the centre of town is perfect. The rooms were lovely, equips with everything I needed and all was clean and smelt fresh, the owners were so so kind and funny and kept a good laugh going. The food in the morning was lovely too, with a calm atmosphere in the dining room, and the a m a z i n g full English breakfast, the owner came down and had a little chat with us about our night and what we would do, and the two young girls who served us breakfast were adorably polite and sweet. They gave you whatever they wanted and it was no trouble even if they were busy. 100% I would stay there again, such a lovely hotel, perfect. Thank you all staff!

• Stayed February 2013
East Retford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2012

biiked a 2nt stay at dukeries the hotel is very basic but very clean the bedrooms had plenty of storage and were freshly made beds and again very clean. when we arrived at hotel after chkin in the landlord parked my car as we hit traffic on way down and a 21/2hr journey became a 5hr journey we hit the bar. nxt mornin breakfast was basic but was served very hot and staff very clean and helpfull.the staff and management cudnt do enough for you i wud return to this hotel as its location was fantastic also. if ya goin to blackpool its a must to go to the merry england in the afternoon and funnygirls at nt fantastic. the hotel catered for singles,couples and families alike. grt hotel keep it up see you soon you made my hen w/end the best.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bev43-12
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2012 via mobile

We booked two rooms for a 2 night break during the school holidays last October. The location is great and a short cut though the shopping precinct takes you right into the main activities area. The rooms are basic but very clean and the breakfasts are great. The only downside is the car parking at the rear which is very limited but the owner does a great job of packing them in and shuffling them around. I was a bit aprehensive with my 3 month old car but everything was fine. This hotel does the job for a short stay and is great value for money which leaves more to spend on the kids fun which is why anyone goes to Blackpool in the first place.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank daven44
halifax
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Just returned home after staying one night at the Duckeries Hotel. The hotel is situated a short distance away from the hussle & bussle of Blackpools pubs and clubs. the hotel its self in my opinion was wonderful check in was speedy and was allocated a twin room which was quite big bright and clean. I also had several drinks from the well stocked bar with the prices cheaper than most pubs. Breakfast was served between 8.30 & 9.30 and i must say the full english was amazing and was washed down with either tea or coffee. All staff i found was very polite and nothing was too much trouble and i will definatley return next time im in Blackpool. Well done Duckeries. Sammo from Halifax....

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends