“The Best Hotel Called The Dukeries In Blackpool”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Dukeries Hotel

The Dukeries Hotel
Ranked #655 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Glasgow
“The Best Hotel Called The Dukeries In Blackpool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed here for 1 night in July with my partner as a base to go to the World Matchplay Darts.
Check in was smooth and room was clean. Had a twin room on the first floor to the front. Beds were comfy (although only used 1, lol!) and room was spacious. Toilet was quite small but typical of Blackpool B&B's. Didn't turn on TV during stay but it was an LG flat screen number on the wall which is better than the typical Alba 14 incher. Shower was a bit on the weak side and needed a forceful dunt to turn it off. Breakfast was your typical fare but better than the overpriced cardboard fare you get in the identikit chain hotels (Tr#*$l%d£e)!!! Bar & lounge area was still stuck in the time warp it was in the last time I visited but I loved it! The games room still had its Winmau Blade 3 darts board and pool table. The star of the show though was the 90's beat em up arcade machine in the corner. Must have spent at least £20 on this trying to get to the top of the pesky leader board, LOL!
Drinks in the bar were reasonably priced and the staff were thoroughly delightful.
Final point of note and top marks to The Dukeries for the wonderful door entry sytem they have in place. Having come back from the darts absolutely steam boat willy, it was an absolute delight to be able to access my room by just hovering my room card in the general vicinity of the doors to gain access.
All in all a truly wonderful stay and looking forward to returning next year for a third time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Djag79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Arriving at the hotel, we were greeted by the owners who were very accommodating and friendly. Initially they had allocated my mom and I on a different floor, but moved us to the same level as our friends which included a bigger room.
Breakfast was very good, with a variety of cereals, fruit, yoghurt and normal English breakfast. They even opened the kitchen early for us on the day we left.
Very centrally located, right next to winter gardens and the shopping mall.
Would definitely come back to this hotel in the future

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Taren G
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

OMG. I've stayed in Blackpool many a time but this is truly the best stay I've ever had due to the service/welcome I had at this gorgeous hotel. I've stayed in many plush hotels, including high end bracket hiltons, radissons, marriots etc but although much smaller in size I thought I equally enjoyed my stay at this little gem. The owners/staff were wonderful, I feel I've made life long friends such was the pleasure I had coming across their paths. Truly magnificent welcome awaits you here. I think there must have been a magic tree or two kicking about as I was greated by a real pleasant odour on entering this hotel. Smells very fresh. All in hotel was very fragrant throughout which being sensitive to smell made me a very happy being. The bar was well stocked and again there was always a staff member at hand to pull me off another one at the pump. We had a right laugh at the bar I'll tell you, what a hoot! I'd recommend spending time in this bar instead of heading straight out, your very well looked after and I like how we were paying into this fine hotel. The rooms, although yes a little small we're like home from home, the bed oh the bed, really nice bounce and I reckon its been years since I slept so sound (nothing to do with the alcohol haha boom boom), seriously I could've slept & slept all day in this bed, the pillows again, I think they were high quality feather type pillows, I used one and cuddled into the other I'm not afraid to say heehee. Shower was utterly refreshing, supreme way of starting the day, never felt cleaner, indeed I was complimented on my freshness in the morning after. The breakfast, now, yum yum yum, tasty tasty very very tasty & so hearty, it was hot, plenty food for the bigger appetite all served with a big wide smile. On check out I felt almost sad leaving, not b'pool itself but also this wee home from home I have found. Its all about opinions on here so fair enough if for some reason you don't like it here (for the life of me can't think why) so each to their own but all I say is book this little beauty, you'll not be disappointed.
Thank you owners, much love & I'll see you soon hopefully.

• Stayed July 2013
Staffordshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

I've know no idea if the people who put good reviews about this hotel are genuine or not. They must have had a lot of blind people who stayed at this hotel!!

The hotel is nothing more than basic\and believe me' this is me being kind.

The carpets are in need of some serious vacuuming. (I was itching all night!) The vacuum, which they clearly use, is situated in the lobby and believe me when i say that "Noah" had a better one. There is no way that that vacuum picks anything up. Why don't these people invest??? and buy a new vacuum and start cleaning the rooms properly!! There is no excuse for basic cleaning.

The pillows were like putting your head on a sweaty filled napkin.

No atmosphere!!

We went to make a coffee, in our room, only to find the milk cartons had gone sour and had curdled. I can't believe they don't keep these in a fridge and allocate new ones daily.

This hotel is a typical one of poor service in Blackpool who are only interested in taking your money and offering very little in return. Then they wonder why Blackpool is going down hill. Perhaps if the owners of these typical hotels actually kept these places clean then people might actuall go back time after time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank doublem4673

Travellers are raving about these Blackpool hotels

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

I booked a room for me and my two daughters with this hotel last year, paid a £60 deposit had to cancel, but was told I could keep the deposit on a new booking for this year, I was never sent a confirmation, however did speak on the phone about 3 times just weeks before we were supposed to stay there. When I arrived there they had no knowledge of my booking, the receptionist was very defensive and rude, she kept telling me with no confirmation you wont have a room!! Im not an unreasonable person and did understand that it was my own fault for not asking for a second confirmation but surely she could have asked me and my two young children to have a seat and maybe help me find a room elsewhere, her customer service skills were not the best!!! We were left outside in the rain with our cases!! I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone, and obviuosly I was never offered my £60 back!!!

Room Tip: Always make sure you have a confirmation, even if you have changed your reservation and are told you...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LisaB616275
DukeriesBlackpool, General Manager at The Dukeries Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
We are sorry that you had problems with your reservation. When you originally cancelled we tried to assist by offering you to re-book for another date and credit your account with your original deposit - please note that deposits are not refundable. We had no record of your phone calls regarding your new reservation dates and had issued no paperwork. The receptionist was unable to offer a family room but offered 2 separate rooms and would arrange a credit for the £60 the following morning after speaking to the Proprietors. If you had requested assistance in finding alternative accommodation then we would have offered full help. The receptionist was not being rude but cannot allocate rooms that are not available. We cannot offer a refund of the deposit but should you wish to stay at the hotel for alternative dates we will happily credit your £60 against the reservation. If you would like to discuss further then please contact us.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

Lovely little hotel, very reasonably priced. Room 19 good size twin. Very close to Winter gardens and shops, and only 10 minute walk from Blackpool North train station (or £5 in taxi). Owner very pleasant and helpful and would certainly stay here again if I ad to go to Blackpool.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

The Hilton hotel has too much going on, this little hotel in the centre of town is perfect. The rooms were lovely, equips with everything I needed and all was clean and smelt fresh, the owners were so so kind and funny and kept a good laugh going. The food in the morning was lovely too, with a calm atmosphere in the dining room, and the a m a z i n g full English breakfast, the owner came down and had a little chat with us about our night and what we would do, and the two young girls who served us breakfast were adorably polite and sweet. They gave you whatever they wanted and it was no trouble even if they were busy. 100% I would stay there again, such a lovely hotel, perfect. Thank you all staff!

• Stayed February 2013