“Strictly a must do”

US$11.30*
and up
The Blackpool Tower Ballroom Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Owner description: Ornately decorated dance hall and theater is known for its Mighty Wurlitzer organ, which is played for dancing, concerts and special events during certain times of the year.
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Visited the ballroom to see the dancing ~Oh how fabulous it all was a real throwback to when service and society was more civilised!
I heartily recommend this if you go to Blackpool

Write a ReviewReviews (3,434)
All reviews
in 56 reviews
"sequence"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed 15 November 2013

You cannot visit Blackpool without a visit to the tower ballroom. This is the place where the true greats of Latin and Ballroom strut their stuff on the superb floor. Even those of us (like me!) with two left feet can have a go, should they wish.

The Tower Ballroom is also home to a superb Wurlitzer organ, which comes out of it's under-stage pit being played by one of the resident organists. Although I'm really a jazz saxophonist, I am a competent, if not exactly brilliant, organist, and I asked if I could have a go at playing the organ. Certainly sir, the young lady said, and she promptly handed me a leaflet entitled "The Wurlitzer Experience". This informed me I could play the organ for a hour, ride the ten or so feet up onto the stage, receive a model of the organ, and have a cup of tea afterwards, all for the princely sum of £275.00!

I could not believe my ears! I only wanted to have a fifteen minute or so session on it, playing a couple of Reginald Dixon's greatest hits after the dancing had finished! How utterly ridiculous! I wonder if they get many takers for this offer? I thoroughly doubt it. If they were to charge, say £50, for the same package, I'm sure that they would get a whole lot more takers. A massive, and prohibitive, rip-off!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Every time I go to Blackpool I always visit the Tower ballroom. The architecture and ambience is amazing. I love watching people dancing .....some much better than others, but nevertheless they are all enjoying themselves. Especially love it when the stage floor opens and the Wurlitzer goes down underneath the stage. Would recommend the ballroom to everyone, even people who don't particularly like dancing. I think even they could be converted!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Back to the tower ballroom - I so wish we lived closer so we could visit more often. The dancing and the atmosphere is heavenly. Well done to Phil Hurst in October for his fabulous candlelight evening

1  Thank 8bel
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 November 2013

And therein lies the problem.

We checked online to make sure it was open as suggested. It was. We then told the children that's where we were going creating great excitement as it was the week before Strictly came from Blackpool and they really wanted to see the venue. Walked for miles to get there only to be told there was a private function on and there was no access. Result tears and terrible disappointment. One devastated little girl. What is the point of suggesting you check if it's open if you still can't get in?

2  Thank Margaret W