“FANTASTIC!!!”

The Blackpool Tower Ballroom
More attraction details
Owner description: Ornately decorated dance hall and theater is known for its Mighty Wurlitzer organ, which is played for dancing, concerts and special events during certain times of the year.
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great time here today! Both had high tea a great addition to watching the dancing and the beautiful music! Ive been to Blackpool sooo many times before cant believe ive never been to the ballroom before will definitely be back! A massive thank you to the staff who were all very friendly and genuinely interested in being there and helping the visitors :-D

BpoolTower, Guest Relations Manager at The Blackpool Tower Ballroom, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi bearboy774,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Ballroom :) I'm thrilled you decided to visit, and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. I'm particularly pleased that the staff were worth a special mention :)

Thanks again,

West Midlands, United Kingdom
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“A Blackpool must see especially Phil on the Wurlitzer!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

For me Blackpool is very much about the piers and the tower. Many seaside resorts have piers but only Blackpool has the TOWER and it is Victorian innovation and engineering at its very best and and example of the best of British.

The ballroom is exquisite and should not be missed. As other reviewers have commented its not advertised but you can go and sit in the balcony at reduced admission prices(just ask) and just watch and listen. Try to ensure you go when the maestro Phil Kelsall MBE is playing as he uses the world famous Blackpool Wurlitzer.

If you are into the Victorian history and marvel of Balckpool try staying or have dinner at the Imperial Hotel!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reviews are based upon my experience both socially and professionally and should be read along with other comments I have made about other establishments as well as considering all other reviewers comments. My objective is to make a fair comment on the experience I received but my expectations may be vastly different from others, I try to be fair. I believe that managers/owners who do not respond to TA comments have little interest in customers expectations or experiences. Retail is detail, even in service industries. Its the little things that make a big difference!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Acallerinspects
Hi Acallerinspects,

Thanks for the lovely review - along with an equally carefully written disclaimer! For your information, all of our organists, John, David, Chris and Phil use the Wurlitzer :)

I'm glad you had a good time!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Outstanding”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We watched people dancing, it was for me just out of this world. The interior design is awesome. I'd love to see something like strictly in there.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Marie B
BpoolTower, Guest Relations Manager at The Blackpool Tower Ballroom, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi Marie B,

Thanks for taking the opportunity to leave some feedback on our TripAdvisor page! Strictly was around last November, you might have caught it on the BBC? The next best thing to being there live!

Thanks,
Stourport-on-Severn
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Amazzzzing”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had high tea, a must if you go to Blackpool, a lovely afternoon. The teas are not the best but the experience of sitting in the ballroom and dancing on the floor is worth it.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank DeborahmCox
Hi DeborahmCox,

Thanks for reviewing the Blackpool Tower Ballroom! I'm glad you had a lovely afternoon with us, enjoying your High Teas and the general ambiance of the Ballroom. I hope you got a chance to work off all the calories on the dance-floor :)

Thanks,
Leeds, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Wonderful Place To See”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This Ballroom just smells and drips with nostalgia from the beautiful ceiling, the tied balcony's, the wurlitzer organ coming up from the front of the stage playing `I do like to be beside the seaside`, people dancing and the afternoon tea party, you know this is Blackpool at its best.
I first came to the ballroom with my parent`s when I was 10 years old when Reginald Dixon was playing the organ, and I have been in love with it ever since.
It also puts on some wonderful shows in the evenings, A must visit if staying in Blackpool

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bruce N
Hi Bruce N,

Thanks for the kind words - I'm glad you appreciated how much there is to love about the Ballroom! Incidentally, we've got a Big Swing Night tonight - featuring Andy Prior and his sixteen piece big band. It promises to be a great evening :)

Thanks again,