“Thank you Canasta !”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #233 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We had our wedding at Blackpool early October and had 36 people staying there. What can I say other than Dougie, Mandy and Dan made us feel very welcome, they looked after the guests, set out a buffet and pampered our needs at no extra cost, the Kareoke on Friday was Brilliant - they went the 'extra mile' not many Hotels would do that!
Well done Dougie and the Team.

David and Julie

Room Tip: For that special occasion stay in room 6 (Honeymoon Suite)
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David H
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2012

Whoo hoo....all the very best David and Julie from everyone at the Canasta

There are newer reviews for Canasta Hotel

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Just arrived back from a smashing weekend at the Canasta,now we've stayed all over Blackpool throughout the years, B&B's to supposedly up market hotels and i can tell you now people you will not get a better hotel than this, the rooms are exactly as described, obviously i've not stayed in all of them so can't comment on all of them, but the one we had, no. 22 was lovely,the staff could'nt do enough for you,hotel was full for the weekend and the people that were there were very friendly indeed, which made the stay even more enjoyable, the breakfasts were of excellent value and good quality, which more than set you up for the day, the young lady who worked the bar in the evening was very pleasant and nothing was to much trouble for her, even though she was run off her feet, dougie and dan are doing something right and it won't be to long before we shall be paying them another visit, see you soon Paul and Janette.

1  Thank Paul H

Thanks very much Paul and Janette for such a kind review. The pleasure was ours!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

Lovely view from hotel, reception area, dinning room and lounge & bar clean, tidy and very relaxing, welcome was disapointment especially after being stuck in traffic on the sea front for 90 mins, no help with luggage as menshioned in advert.
Our room was up 2 flights of stairs to a very small double bedroom with ensuite. Bedroom was clean and tidy but decor did really need seeing to and two draws fronts from bedside cabinets came off in our hands! We stayed in this hotel as we'd read the reviews on this site and sounded great but sadly we were was disapointed but i have to say the morning waiters/waitresses were lovely and great service and the breakfast and choice was great, this hotel for us needs some tlc as our room was needing re-vamping and bathroom too!!! .sorry but honesty is always best, thankyou.

Room Tip: Read several reviews from several hotels, we chose the first hotel with good review but was let dow...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Oh heck......I'm sorry about your luggage and the welcome. I know you were stuck in Illumination traffic...gridlocked and it took you an hour to drive 500 yards.

I think you finally got here at about 9pm.
I offered you a warm drink as I do for all arriving guests, but you declined.

I don't take bags to rooms. I dont actually advertise that I do. Everybody else mentions we do...and I've asked them to stop doing that....I appreciate your business.....really.....sincerely...and I'm sorry that you were stuck in traffic for ages....but if the porter has gone home for the day....there are a dozen good reasons why I won't be taking your bags.

Please prospective guests....if porterage is an absolute requirement then you REALLY need to book elsewhere.

Not sure which room you were in, now, but staff have not reported any problems with drawer fronts. I'll obviously look into this though and sort anything.

Im so sorry you were disappointed. However I think overall you were expecting a bit more than is reasonable for the price you were paying. I think our value is excellent.

Reviewed 15 October 2012 via mobile

On arrival there are a number of car park spaces out front and your bags are carried on to your room. The first words are 'Welcome, would you like a Tea or Coffee?' which is welcomed after the time in the car! Oh! And it's free as much as you can drink during your stay!
The rooms are small but adequate and clean, they have a kettle, tea and coffee, hair dryer, T.V, trouser press and a fan. Towels provided for the en-suite shower room.
The bar has karaoke of a weekend and is reasonably priced.
The Breakfast is a choice of Full English with choice of eggs, kippers, Haddock or the lot if you wish!!! There are Cerial, fruit and yoghurt and as much toast as you can eat too... All in!
The location is about ten minute walk from the tower and two to the local shop. It's right on the front with the north pier out the front and turn left.
This is our second stay here and we will stop again! Dougie and his staff will do anything to make sure your stay is a pleasure.
This even includes laying tables out if you order a take away in... Well wot more can you ask... We will see you again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank werenotstoppingin

Thanks Richard for taking the time to make the review.
Ive been a bit busy lately so apologies for the late replies (this applies to all reviews made in October and November)

Its always nice to get such a great review from a seasoned traveller such as yourself.

Hope to see you in 2013.

Regards the bags folks.....please see my note about that in previous response - dont want you all getting the wrong idea. :)

Reviewed 14 October 2012

10 of us arrived at the hotel on friday 4th Oct for our 3rd stay. and we were not disappointed, as requested 2 of the rooms were near the lift, cases taken up to rooms for us, and a welcome cuppa offered to us as soon as we arrived. Breakfasts are 2nd to none. Rooms always clean and warm. En suites are small but adequate,

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank peggy p

Thanks Peggy for your continued custom and honest review

Yes, I quite agree - rear facing rooms are small (well we call them "cosy") but adequate for weekend stopovers.

Hope to see you again in 2013

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Very welcoming and friendly hotel. Sea view was lovely and hotel was right near Tram Stop. Quiet hotel with excellent breakfast. We had a very large room which was very comfortable. Very close to north pier we walked to South Pier. Comfortable Bar and lounge with sea view. Offered free tea and coffee on arrival as we were early.

1  Thank Linda G

Thanks very much Lynda for your review.

I agree - I think we're in the ebst spot in Blackpool - wouldnt swap it with anybody.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I recently spent 3 nights in a sea view room at the Canasta Hotel and was very pleased with all aspects of my visit. Upon arrival, while my bags were brought upstairs, I sat in the sun lounge and enjoyed a cup of tea. My room and the en-suite were small, but,based upon their descriptions on the website,I expected them to be. They were, however, extremely clean and pleasantly decorated. Everything in the room (TV, WIFI, tea kettle) worked well; there was plenty of hot water for showering. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfasts were excellent; in addition to the traditional English cooked breakfast, guests could choose pancakes, smoked haddock, or kippers. All members of the staff that I encountered were pleasant and helpful. I definitely enjoyed my stay and would recommend the Canasta Hotel to others who are planning to be in the Blackpool area.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms cost more, but are well worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Thanks very much TripMomLedgewood New Joysey :)

Thanks for taking the time to give us such a great review - it means a lot especially from such a seasoned traveller such as yourself.

I hope you have a great stay in the UK in general and would love to meet you again should you return.

Ahem...about taking bags to room - folks please see my previous comment on this matter.