“Relaxing Hotel”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #288 of 856 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Sheffield
“Relaxing Hotel”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Booked this hotel for a weekend away with my husband, as we had been here before we knew what to expect.
its been a good few yrs since our last visit & its still a good place to stay. we went out of season so it was very quite, but the staff still went out of there way to look after us .
the breakfasts are still great , could only manage it one day . the next day i just went for eggs toast & sausage LOL . we didnt eat for the rest of the day .

the room was great a good size with a good size ensuite. all very clean & comfortable .you really get value for money.
all in all it still a very nice hotel next time we are in blackpool we will certainly come back .

Room Tip: as its on the front the rooms we have had were at the back
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Our group of 10 stayed for the 3rd time in Oct 2012. There was a wedding reception/party at the hotel at the same time so the atmosphere was even more cheerful.
For how reasonably priced this B and B is, you really cannot ask for any more! We had another lovely welcome, sat drinking free tea and coffee in the lounge on arrival after using the free parking, had lovely plentiful breakfasts and my Grandma and our friends wheelchair was accommodated for again!

We'll be back for our 4th stay this year!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2013

For the price/quality/location/friendliness of owners/staff etc. I do not believe the Canasta can be bettered.
From the minute you walk through the front door there is free tea and coffee throughout you stay.
The breakfasts are cooked to perfection and you can eat as many king sized portions as you want.
The owner even bought in the ladies favourite wine for them even although is is not stocked in the Canasta.
It is a family run business and I always feel like one of the family every time we visit ( owner makes sure I am in bed by 8pm just like Mum made me do.)
Loking forward to our next trip and maybe be let up till 9pm this time(I am only 66 of course)

Room Tip: For a slightly higher payment the rooms on the front have a lovely sea view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
lincolnshire
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for new years, when we got there we was welcomed and offered a tea or coffee on arrival, we got there rather early and was pleasantly surprised that our room was ready, it was a bit small but very clean and everything we wanted was in it. Nothin was to much trouble to making pots off tea too free sandwiches when asked, had a great time entertainment at night with karaoke.This was a very friendly place to stay and would go again......Steve and Tina

Room Tip: Room 15 has a street light in middle off window outside avoid this room if you if you cant sleep in...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at the Canasta for the second time this year. Once again we were delighted with the warm friendly service, splendid breakfasts and pleasant clean surroundings. Free coffee on tap all day, plentiful Daily Newspapers, good fun karaoke evenings at the weekend and great sea view just help make for a really relaxing experience. The location is perfect for the New Tram system with stops in either direction no more than two minutes from the front door of the hotel. Our children, love our second holidays in Blackpool and the family run Canasta has given us a destination to look forward to and trust.

Room Tip: All the front bedrooms have a sea view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2012
Thanks, Peter, for your repeat custom!
Sincerely.
Penrith, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel for three nights with my partner and family, in three rooms. When we arrived there was only one car parking space left, so I ventured inside to get advice of where’s best to park. The initial greeting by the manager was some what lacking and abrupt when I asked where to park, replying “You’ll have to find a back street”. Not the most helpful of comments being unfamiliar with the area.

I managed to find a space and walked the short distance to meet my family who were enjoying the free tea and coffee (available throughout your stay) in the lounge. I helped my family with their luggage to their rooms before venturing to mine.

Their rooms were clean, fresh, well decorated and surprisingly impressive. When my partner and I went to our room, I was somewhat disappointed to find it was not up to similar standard of the other two. It is in well need of a make over. The four poster bed comprised of old fashioned nets and the bed itself was quite rickety. The bathroom was a decent size; however, the shower cubicle itself is very small and awkward to shower in. Also, there were several extension cables running along the skirting boards to supply electricity to the bedside lamps. Unfortunately, one cable was broken, although it was promptly replaced upon asking. It is worth mentioning however; when I moved the bedside table there was cobwebs on the wall behind as well as sweet wrappers on the floor. Despite this, the ‘visible’ areas were clean and tidy. Having said that, the room itself was sufficient enough for the weekend and did not cause us great concern.

The bar on the Friday and Saturday evening was great fun and of a pleasant atmosphere. The drinks prices are very reasonable and the lady working behind the bar is an absolute credit to the business. She worked tirelessly all night, nothing was too much trouble and she always had a smile on her face. The karaoke was great to watch and listen to and the manager/DJ was on good form and entertaining. (Maybe the earlier experience with him was a one off).

The breakfasts are amazing, as much as you can handle!! Probably the best I’ve had in a hotel. They are of a good size and set you up for the day ahead.

The hotel is of good location and directly opposite a tram stop. It is also a gentle 10/15 minute stroll from the tower.

Overall, this hotel had it all and was very pleasant. I would definitely stop here again, providing I wasn’t in the same room. An excellent weekend had by all.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for the honest review.

Sorry - I cant agree I would EVER be as abrupt as you suggest. Yes, you'd need to find parking elsewhere if we are full but then I would go out of my way to suggest where to look.

Cobwebs - thats not good. I think towards the end of the season the staff were getting tired. I constantly noticed errors in cleaning they should have taken care of. I'll need to watch out for that, obviously.

We'll need to look at the 4 posters. I think they are passed their sell by date. We've replaced
one already for a standard bed and the room is so much nicer. 4 poster take up such a large footprint. Anyway...I will look at that and probably replace the two remaining ones this winter.

Thanks for the honest review AND for mentioning our good points....when folk are disappointed with some aspects they do seem to dwell on them.

Great, honest, review, in my opinion. We'll defo be having a pep talk regarding cleaning and will be replacing those big 4 posters.

I'm glad you'll consider us again for your next trip to Blackpool
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

stayed at the Canasta for 3 nights (19th-22nd oct.). Very nice warm welcome and tea and coffee served to us within seconds of walking into the hotel. Our luggage was taken up to our room while we enjoyed our drink.We then went up to our room to unpack before heading out. When we booked the room we were told the room was cosy sized but we found the room to be plenty big enough with plenty of draw and hanger space for our clothes. The bathroom was on the small sizes with very little room for manoeuving around, but again this was pointed out to us when booking, and for 3 days you learn to live with it. We decided to have a couple of drinks in the hotel before going round Bpool on friday night but the karaoke was that good we ended up staying in all night. Smashing bar with great prices and the barmaid worked her socks off , and the smile never left her face all night. What can i say about breakfast that as not already been said in other reports on here. In all the years of coming to Bpool and in all the hotels we have stayed in ive got to say the breakfasts in the Canasta are without doubt the biggest and best ive ever had and the waiting staff were fantastic, never without a smile on their faces.The Canasta hotel is a very friendly, warm, clean, and honest hotel and one that we will stay at again. A big thanks to all at the Canasta for making our weekend so great. And a big thanks to the Reditch keraoke group , great set of people. Johnboy Barnsley

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tykesmad
Eh Up Tylesmad - thanks for the great, honest, review.

We're pleased you enjoyed it and I hope you'll come back.

Small Print Disclaimer...please see my previous responses about luggage. Everybody keeps mentioning it so much ....when it doesn't happen, TripAdders, then you're not happy bunnies.....so I'd prefer to state that we dont carry your bags to the room.
I have been known to put a limp on after 5pm