“Lovely Hotel but not made very welcome by the owner.”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #244 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 April 2009

We had a great time in Blackpool and the hotel was lovely no faults the rooms were well maintained and clean, food was great, bar and reception area great and the free tea and coffee was very good. The owner upon arrival was not very friendly and on an evening when we came back from been out to the club did not make us very welcome. Had his own friends and was not bothered about the residents. After we checked in and paid our money I do not think he spoke after that to anybody in our party.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank CheryloMiddlesbrough
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2009

Thanks for mentioning all the plus points Cheryl.
I'm sorry if you thought I wasn't friendly.
I do all the meeting and greeting personally (I like to know who is staying in my home) and always offer a cuppa on arrival and try and have a brief chat not just on arrival but any time of day. I'm usually especially pleased to see folk returning from a show as it usually means they are going to spend more money at my bar...so I'm at a loss to think why you feel let down. But..its obviously your opinion...and I will need to look at my people skills a bit more I guess (so thanks for the constructive feedback).

I also note that you rated 4 categories as satisfactory (presumably) but the location only got a 2. Thats one I'd like to disagree with as I wouldn't swap our location with ANYBODY in Blackpool. I honestly think we got the best spot. We're 5 blocks from town centre so nice and quiet but we're also near enough to walk and being slightly elevated have great views. Its a mere 5 minute stroll to North Pier. Location is usually near the top of the list when folk give us feedback.

I also note that you would recommend us to a friend so thanks for that....I'll try and be a little less Basil Fawlty in future :)

Reviewed 13 April 2009

Just back from a lovely stay at Canasta Hotel. Met at the door on arrival with a friendly smile and an offer of a cup of coffee. The room was small but comfy and very cozy - didn't need it to be any bigger! Breakfasts were great with a good choice on offer - something to suit everyone. Hotel and bar staff all very friendly. Staff set up the Karaoke when there was demand for it which created a friendly, homely atmosphere. If returning to Blackpool would definitely book back in here!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorraine_Pratt

Thanks very much for taking the time to review us Lorraine. Yes, the corridor double rooms are compact but we try and keep the price down on these. We're really pleased you'll come back next time in town!

Reviewed 13 April 2009

Absolutely fabulous, great food, great staff, excellent facilities, perfect location. We have stayed numerous times, and already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bugsbunnybasher

Thanks bugsbunnybasher for taking the time to review us and giving us such a high recommendation. It's a team effort so I'll make sure the staff read your comments.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 2 April 2009

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trace24369
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2009

Reviewed 17 February 2009

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled with family
1  Thank catcha125
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2009

Reviewed 27 September 2008

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank williebow62
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2008

Reviewed 19 June 2008

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AndyPandy82
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2008

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackpool
Tiffany's Hotel Blackpool
#89 of 864 in Blackpool
Hilton Blackpool Hotel
Hilton Blackpool Hotel
#37 of 73 in Blackpool

Been to Canasta Hotel? Share your experiences!