“Clean, friendly, affordable with views to die for!”
Review of Canasta Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Canasta Hotel
Ranked #230 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 April 2009

we have just had our first visit to Canasta, and we will definately be going back again. We were offered tea or coffee when we arrived, and were told to help ourselves to tea/coffee anytime. We had booked a room with a seaview, and it was great. We had tea/coffee facilities, in the shower room there were little bottles of shampoo etc, even cotton buds and cotton wool. There was a hairdryer, trouser press, tv, the bed was very comfortable. After we had gone out for something to eat, we came back to hotel and they had setup for karaoke. The hotel was not very busy, but the atmosphere was really good. We were made to feel very wecome. Our only regret was that we had only booked for one night and we really wish we could have stayed longer. Very friendly and helpful staff, hoping to go again, but will make it the whole weekend. Would love to get one of the beauty treatments they had advertised. The breakfast was excellent, you could have seconds if you wanted. But you get so much there is no way you would manage. Thanks again to everyone hope to see you again soon.

1  Thank snowhite58
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2009

Thanks Snowhite58 for the tremendous review! Again, I'll let the team know. Our location is good...Its definitely a view we never get sick of!!
Karaoke can be a bit hit and miss...we don't always do it but this weekend we had some friends staying that always like a good song song....and although it was quiet...it was a good night wasn't it!
Thanks Steve and Shirley and we look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Reviewed 24 April 2009

We have had the pleasure to stay at this small, welcoming, friendly, hotel four times in the past 18 months and wouldnt waste our time looking to stay at any other hotel in Blackpool. The hosts - Dougie and Mandy are definatleythe hosts with the most, they make you feel part of the Canasta family from the moment you step through the doors until they wave you off as you leave. you wont get a better Welcome anywhere in Blackpool!

Breakfast is the best ever and you can have as much as you want from a great choice, from a full English to pancakes- delicious.

The bedrooms are clean as are the bathrooms, they are not the biggest of rooms but are more than adequate and have tea & coffee making facilites.

Tea and coffee are always on offer and free of charge.

A well stocked bar is fairly priced and the lounge is clean and comfortable. A great place to relax with the hosts and the guests.

I wouldnt hesitate in booking this hotel. if you have yet to stay at the Canasta give it a go, i dont think you will be dissapointed.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank holsaholic07
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2009

Aww shucks, chucks....
Thanks for the fantastic review, MrsOubieLou!!
Its always a pleasure to see you both.
I'm glad you mentioned that some of the rooms arn't the biggest....its accurate and I plan to make some changes on our website to show this more accurately...but do agree that they are adequate for two or three night stays...and of course those corridor rooms that are smaller are reflected in our tariff as standard ensuites.
The shower and toilets too are small in ALL our rooms...but they get the job done.
Thanks again Lorraine and Jamie for the accurate review and we'll look forward to seeing you later this year we hope.
Dougie and Mandy

Reviewed 15 April 2009

The Canasta is by far the best hotel, in the perfect location Blackpool has to offer. Superbly run by a very dedicated team fronted by superb hosts!! From arrival to departure, nothing is a problem. Superb breakfasts, excellent entertainment where the management are prepared to strut their stuff at the very organised and relaxed karaoke nights. No rowdiness at all..(no stags or hens remember) just good old fashioned enjoyment which always ends on time for those who just want to relax in the homely atmosphere. We have been going to the Canasta for five years now and long may it continue!! First Class..lovely rooms..you will not be dissappointed..Just view the comments on their superb website!!!!...says it all..Enjoy.

1  Thank sidbobtail
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2009

Whay aye man!!
Sidbobtail...(where did you get that from?).
Thanks Colin and Annie for your lovely comments and your splendid company over the years. I don't think we quite deserve 5 stars (I'm happy with 4 and a half) ...but its nice when we get 'em!!
I'll let the team know that we got another happy bunny!
Hope to see you later this year.

Reviewed 14 April 2009

We have stayed at this hotel twice now and mum has already booked us all in for this year (Oct 2009).
As a family (6 adults, 2 small children) we go to Blackpool every year for the last weekend of the illuminations staying Friday and Saturday night. We would not stay anywhere else than the Canasta! Doug and 'Swampy' are amazing hosts and as we are a family with a sense of humour, we have never had any problems with customer service and are always made to feel extremely welcome and part of the Canasta family!!.
Me and my Sister love Karaoke and as our stay always coincides with Swampys birthday bash, we love getting dressed up in the halloween fancy dress too (we were air hostesses and pilots who had been in a nasty accident!) and singing away, even my little girl who had just turned 2 was welcomed to join in with a rendition of Bob the Builder!
The rooms are fine, all these comments about bathrooms are just pointless, you can wash etc in them no problem, and seeing as you spend approx 30 mins in there over a 2 night stay who cares?!
Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day anyway so I have died and gone to heaven with the excellent plateful served up at the Canasta! Any requests for child breakfasts or extra toast etc are met with no issues.
As we have 2 small children, we obviously don't go and sit in a blackpool nightclub till the early hours, so the 'night in' at the Canasta is a fab way to be able to have some fun but still know that the children are in a nice environment and made to feel welcome.
Overall, from a young(ish!) mums point of view, this hotel is first class, excellent welcome, excellent food. See you in October 2009 with some new Karaoke classics!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank karaokequeen7
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2009

Hi Anne, Owen and the travel crew!!
Thanks for such a glowing report. We always look forward to our end of season party (combined with Swampy's Birthday bash) and your family are such a good laugh!!
We'll look forward to your company again at the end of October.

Reviewed 14 April 2009

We had a great time in Blackpool and the hotel was lovely no faults the rooms were well maintained and clean, food was great, bar and reception area great and the free tea and coffee was very good. The owner upon arrival was not very friendly and on an evening when we came back from been out to the club did not make us very welcome. Had his own friends and was not bothered about the residents. After we checked in and paid our money I do not think he spoke after that to anybody in our party.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank CheryloMiddlesbrough
CanastaHotel, Owner at Canasta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2009

Thanks for mentioning all the plus points Cheryl.
I'm sorry if you thought I wasn't friendly.
I do all the meeting and greeting personally (I like to know who is staying in my home) and always offer a cuppa on arrival and try and have a brief chat not just on arrival but any time of day. I'm usually especially pleased to see folk returning from a show as it usually means they are going to spend more money at my bar...so I'm at a loss to think why you feel let down. But..its obviously your opinion...and I will need to look at my people skills a bit more I guess (so thanks for the constructive feedback).

I also note that you rated 4 categories as satisfactory (presumably) but the location only got a 2. Thats one I'd like to disagree with as I wouldn't swap our location with ANYBODY in Blackpool. I honestly think we got the best spot. We're 5 blocks from town centre so nice and quiet but we're also near enough to walk and being slightly elevated have great views. Its a mere 5 minute stroll to North Pier. Location is usually near the top of the list when folk give us feedback.

I also note that you would recommend us to a friend so thanks for that....I'll try and be a little less Basil Fawlty in future :)

Reviewed 13 April 2009

Just back from a lovely stay at Canasta Hotel. Met at the door on arrival with a friendly smile and an offer of a cup of coffee. The room was small but comfy and very cozy - didn't need it to be any bigger! Breakfasts were great with a good choice on offer - something to suit everyone. Hotel and bar staff all very friendly. Staff set up the Karaoke when there was demand for it which created a friendly, homely atmosphere. If returning to Blackpool would definitely book back in here!

1  Thank Lorraine_Pratt

Thanks very much for taking the time to review us Lorraine. Yes, the corridor double rooms are compact but we try and keep the price down on these. We're really pleased you'll come back next time in town!

Reviewed 13 April 2009

Absolutely fabulous, great food, great staff, excellent facilities, perfect location. We have stayed numerous times, and already planning our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bugsbunnybasher

Thanks bugsbunnybasher for taking the time to review us and giving us such a high recommendation. It's a team effort so I'll make sure the staff read your comments.
Thanks again,