“Home from home”

Ranked #169 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Adbaston, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
Reviewed 13 December 2010

Words are not enough to describe the quality of this, well, described as a BandB should be 5star Hotel for me. My wife and I have stayed many times over the past few years and therefore perhaps as now we are considered friends by the owners this review may seem biased, then again as all guests after a stay are also considered friends. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Breakfast is the best I have ever had in a hotel. Location is perfect for us being so close to a tram stop and far enough out from the noisy stag and hen partys. An added bonus is having secure parking for my motorcycle.Just to add that I lived in hotels for many years as a travelling keyboard player so experienced many types of accommodation. I think the large corporate managers should all have a stay at Brincliffe and learn how it's done. I could rave on for hours about the quality of service however I gues readers will get the picture.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Oozupp

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
halifax
Reviewed 6 October 2010

After a bad experience last year just 'turning up' at a Blackpool B&B, my partner & I went to Blackpool for the day this summer to look for a likely venue for our October Illuminations visit.
We called at the Brincliffe and were shown round by Sue & Elaine. We liked what we saw and duly booked a two night stay. The hotel is spotlessly clean, and the proprietors take a close personal interest in the comfort of their visitors.
The room was first class - bay window overlooking the 'tableaux' lights. En suite spotless, bed comfortable, plenty of power sockets for chargers, laptops, etc. Minor quibble - hospitality tray was frugal. We didn't take the evening meal option as we wanted to go out, but it certainly smelled OK and plenty of residents did take it.
The breakfast was first class. Unusually, it is at a fixed hour, (9am), and guests are summoned to the dining room by a handbell. You then queue up to have gel put on your hands before helping yourself to a hot buffet breakfast. Toast, orange juice, and tea/coffee (whichever you specify) is waiting on your table. More is available if you want it. The proprietors come round the dining room as you eat to chat and to ensure you are satisfied.
All in all a very comfortable and pleasant stay. This will now be our base for future overnight stays in Blackpool. Sue & Elaine have certainly got the balance right and we immediately felt completely at home. Well done.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HalifaxThespian
Gorebridge
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Once again my husband and I stayed at the Brincliffe with my Grand daughter, her boyfriend and friends from S/A. Unfortunately I was unwell and had to cut my visit short.
Sue and Elaine just could'nt do enough for me while I was there and attended to me in my bedroom. Over the years we have stayed in a few Hotels in Blackpool, but have never been in one like The Brincliffe. It is spotlessly clean, excellent food, and so comfortable. and Sue,Elaine, George and John are so friendly and welcome everyone like family.
We will never stay anywhere else when going to Blackpool.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank lauraGorebridge
skelmorlie
Reviewed 6 November 2009

we returned to the Brincliffe for the second time this year and it was as good as ever.although we live on the seafront in Scotland,it is Brincliffe for us for holidays. this was our third visit and wish we had found it sooner.everything is superb.arrive as guests and leave as friends. we are two eighty-plus folks who love the trams and everything the Brincliffe has to offer.thanks to all theWeaver family who "weave" their magic. Jim and Mary,Skelmorlie,North Ayrshire.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Hemyock
Reviewed 4 September 2009

We stayed for three nights and were satisfied on every level. Our room was beautifully clean and well thought out, the bed was very comfortable and we both slept soundly. Our en suite shower room was light and air with a wide doorway and a large shiny shower cubicle (you could access the shower from a wheelchair quite easily if necessary). Everything was sparkling clean. What a revelation to experiene a wonderfully peaceful night and be able to sleep without having to put your head under the pillow to avoid "nightlife" noise.

Our individual welcome to breakfast in the morning by our hosts was really appreciated. Their attention to hygiene was excellent and we were even supplied with medicated handwash prior to entering the breakfast room. The food was extremely well prepared, of a very high standard and there was plenty on offer.

We would certainly stay there again when in the area.

The location is within a few minutes of central Blackpool by either tram or bus and right on the Promenade. The lights were spectacular and well worth a journey right along the front.

Our best wishes to our wonderful hosts for a successful season, and many more to come. Thank you for your warm welcome.

Visitors from Devon.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Birmingham
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We came here as disabled travellers for the first time in July 2008 and I did a review, see under Carer 062. We had a great time and decided to revisit for a week this August, and to see if we had been dreaming last year, with the great food and friendly help we received ?.
This year was even better!!!! Breakfast was still help yourself, what ever you wanted, full english items, etc, Dinners served in the evening were TOP RATE, home made pies, local fresh fish, tender lamb, and with all the greens, not just blanched, but cooked to perfection. Keep all your "TV Stir Frys", this is real British food, well cooked and plenty of it. We have put pounds on in weight again -Ha Ha.
The family owners went out of their way with all the guests, the rooms were clean, even new flat screen televisions this time with all the free view channels, great towels, in fact we both cannot think of one item to moan about, and I speak my mind and say what I think, always have.
We have stopped at some number of guest houses over the 40 years together, some bad, some average, but only a few that attract us back, Brincliffe is the tops, home from home. We will come here again, God willing. The hotel is half way between Blackpool which is noisey at night and the good shopping places of Cleveleys and Fleetwood Market. It is perfectly situated to see all the area, the lights and it is on the tram and Blackpool line 1 route, "It Is Heaven".
Thanks Brincliffe for a great stay once again, from a wheelchair user and a disabled carer.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield
Reviewed 26 July 2009

I came to the Brincliffe for a weekend with my pal a few weeks ago and we had such a great time, that I booked to bring my 97 year old mother (Mary) last week. We stayed Monday to Friday, which I thought would be long enough for my mother due to her infirmity. However as we were leaving, my mother said she could have stayed for another week as she had enjoyed it so much.
We were both given a ground floor en-suite room and stayed for Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal. The whole hotel was immaculately clean and very well furnished.
My mother took up residence in a very comfy armchair close to the window in the lounge and would have stayed there all day watching the world go by if I hadn't taken her out for a bracing walk on the promenade-just a minute to cross the road and the tram lines and you are 'by the seaside'.
The breakfast always set us up for the day, with fruit juice, choice of cereals and a hot buffet breakfast, beautifully cooked and as much as you could eat, toast and tea or coffee.
We were asked after breakfast what our choice was for the 3 course evening meal which had three choices of starters and desserts and if the main course offered was not to your liking then an alternative was arranged. The hotel is licenced so you could have a glass (or bottle) of wine with your meal. We had a great selection of food each day and I went home a few pounds heavier, but eh! what the heck.
My mother rested practically the whole day after we came home, she had such a good time and felt that she had made some new friends and would like to come back again-which is praise indeed! A couple of glasses of Tia Maria in the bar lounge of an evening may have helped her also and I know she enjoyed the chats with you all.
I shall definitely be returning, probably the last weekend of the 'lights' to make a start on my Christmas shopping. The bus and tram stops are just outside the hotel and you can use your bus pass on the buses.
So here is another thank you to Sue, George, Elaine and John for making my elderly mum very happy and making my job of looking after her a lot easier.
We are both looking forward to seeing you all soon.

• Stayed July 2009