“Perfect family hotel, very friendly would highly recommend!”

The Norwood Hull Road
Ranked #29 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 August 2009

We've just returned from a last minute weekend break at The Norwood (the one on Hull Road!) and just had to write! We only decided on Friday, to go away and looked at the usual chain hotels eg.Holiday Inn/Hilton etc which were all fully booked....and aren't we glad! We wouldn't have found The Norwood otherwise ! We booked the family room which was cosy and outstandingly clean. Our children (age 6 & 3) were really excited at sharing the bunk beds with their own litlle lights&switches and the flat screen tv was perfect to keep them quiet a little longer in the morning! Little extras in the room like hot chocolate/bottled water/mints made us feel very much at home. Delicious breakfast/good service/great company. 5 min walk from the tower/restaurants etc and at the end of the day, how nice to relax with a drink in the hotel bar once the children were in bed (baby monitors provided). Would highly recommend. Thanks Geoff & Lorraine.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank spangles74

Reviewed 28 July 2009

2nd time at the Norwood and would definatley come back. Nice clean hotel with great hosts in a good location. Great breakfast, nothing was to much trouble, even earle grey tea. Good value for money!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clarr0
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Just back from a 4 night stay (Monday to Friday) at this lovely wee hotel in Blackpool. As we all know some hotels can be a hit or a miss, expecially in Blackpool so we looked at trip advisor before booking and due to the good reviews we decided to plump for the Norwood.

We weren't disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The rooms were decorated to a very high and modern standard and Geoff and Lorraine go out their way to ensure your stay is relaxing and enjoyable. We stayed in the family suite which was spacious and immaculately clean and had all mod cons you could think of. TV with freeview in the main room with separate TV for the kids who sleep in their own space adjacent to your room but still attached to your room which is ideal. Plenty of tea and coffee facilities and shower facilities were ideal.

Breakfast in the morning was excellent with everything the top hotels offer (fruit, cereals followed by a delicious full english, or if the kids are fussy beans on toast, poached eggs, basically whatever you want). Geoff serves this with a friendly ease each morning as well and was always on hand to offer advice for things to do and went out of his way to make you comfortable.

The hotel is also ideally situated 1 minute walk from the prom and the shops which was great. My wife loved the fact that the shops were so handy while my 2 kids enjoyed the fact that we didn't have to walk far for the amenities. I also loved the fact that you can come and go as you please and Geoff and Lorraine, while always on hand, leave you alone to get on with your holiday .

To sum up I could not find any fault with this hotel whatsoever and it really is a hidden little gem which I could not recommend highly enough. I will be returning to Blackpool next year and will definately be returning to the Norwood. I've stayed in a few hotels, big and small in Blackpool over the years and I can honestly say this one beats them all hands down.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mikechalm
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I have just returned from staying in the norwood for the weekend with my 12 year old daughter.I cant fault this hotel in any way.Our room ( no.6) was spotless,comfy,modern,well equipped & quiet.The hotel is in a great location & Geoff & Lorraine are excellent hosts serving up a tasty breakfast.When I visit Blackpool again,I shall definitely book "THE NORWOOD".

• Stayed: July 2009
1  Thank gooberAlva_Clacks
Reviewed 12 June 2009

We stayed here just by off chance booked the night before as a suprise,I must say lorriane made us feel sooo welcome i have a 4yr and 9mnth and nothing was to much trouble i would highly recomend this b&b to every1,place is spotless will defo go back again & again & again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank rushyLiverpool
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Without a Doubt the most Pleasurable stay me and my partner have experienced in Blackpool Ever! Norwood Hotel on Hull Road is ahead of expectations in all respects Geoff and Lorraine are sincerely the most incredible Hosts! They are The Hotel Heroes of Blackpool!!! Nothing is too much to make your stay the finest for you! ...Their hospitality is what you would expect at a 5 star Hotel the food is what you would expect from a 5 Star Hotel, Cleanliness, Surroundings and Rooms is all what you would expect from a 5 Star …..We hadn’t been in the Hotel Minutes and already felt the Welcoming aura of the Norwood Hotel. I was truly pleased when shown to our room it even had a Flat screen TV! along with a Hairdryer, Kettle Even a treasure chest of a box with a selection of Nescafe Coffees, Galaxy Hot chocolates, Teas and Biscuits Etc all complementary along with Mint Imperials! The beds are amazingly Comfy and the towels are fluffy and soft! You even get Shower Gels, Shampoos, shower caps Complementary. Everything and Everywhere is Spotless In this Hotel The décor is bang up to date! The Breakfast was Out of this world I was spoilt for choice with the many selections of Yoghurts, Fruits and cereals and Beverages which you can hep yourself too before you received your Cooked Breakfast I don’t eat Pork Products and Geoff went out of His way to Make me a “Special Breakfast” Which might I add was the ONLY Time in the whole stay in Blackpool had I Cleared my Plate!! These little touches are always nice to find when staying at a Hotel you have paid a Bargain Price for! I’m the kind of person that complains about everything BUT I can put my hand up and say that I have nothing to complain about The Norwood Hotel Hull Road! Norwood Hotel is going to be my favourite retreat for my Blackpool Getaways I will definitely be Recommending this hotel to everyone! I Love the Norwood Hotel! I and my partner will unquestionably be returning to The Norwood Hotel Hull Road soon!
Rachel & Scott

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2009Tourist
Reviewed 31 May 2009

Without a Doubt the most Pleasurable stay me and my partner have experienced in Blackpool Ever! Norwood Hotel on Hull Road is ahead of expectations in all respects Geoff and Lorraine are sincerely the most incredible Hosts! They are The Hotel Heroes of Blackpool!!! Nothing is too much to make your stay the finest for you! ...Their hospitality is what you would expect at a 5 star Hotel the food is what you would expect from a 5 Star Hotel, Cleanliness, Surroundings, Rooms is all what you would expect from a 5 Star …..We hadn’t been in the Hotel Minutes and already felt the Welcoming aura of the Norwood Hotel. I was truly pleased when shown to our room it even had a Flat screen TV! along with a Hairdryer, Kettle Even a treasure chest of a box with a selection of Nescafe Coffees, Galaxy Hot chocolates, Teas and Biscuits Etc all complementary along with Mint Imperials! The beds are amazingly Comfy and the towels are fluffy and soft! You even get Shower Gels, Shampoos, shower caps Complementary. Everything and Everywhere is Spotless In this Hotel! The Breakfast was Out of this world I was spoilt for choice with the many selections of Yoghurts, Fruits and cereals and Beverages which you can hep yourself too before you received your Cooked Breakfast I don’t eat Pork Products and Geoff went out of His way to Make me a “Special Breakfast” Which might I add was the ONLY Time in the whole stay in Blackpool had I Cleared my Plate!! These little touches are always nice to find when staying at a Hotel you have paid a Bargain Price for! I’m the kind of person that complains about everything BUT I can put my hand up and say that I have nothing to complain about The Norwood Hotel Hull Road! Norwood Hotel is going to be my favourite retreat for my Blackpool Getaways I will definitely be Recommending this hotel to everyone! I Love the Norwood Hotel! I and my partner will unquestionably be returning to The Norwood Hotel Hull Road soon!
Rachel & Scott