The Brayton
US$74
Lyndene Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$46
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$57
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewssingle roomtram stopgreat value for moneyclean towelstea and coffee making facilitiesquiet at nightexcellent breakfastwell stocked barfollowing morningshort staya lovely staytoaststayed for nightsdebbiemodernisation
Reviewed 16 September 2012

My wife and I have felt bad for not having written a review long ago, but we stayed at The Brayton near the end of June in 2011 and very lucky that we did. The food was wonderful and the manager was very kind, but what sold us was when I requested help with my passport. While in London, my passport had been stolen but we went forward with our travel plans anyway (who was going to throw away reservations, tickets, passes, etc.?). The chef was very computer savy and helped me to get online with the US Embassy and I was able to contact someone who I could meet back in London to sort things out. It turned out that the thief had tossed it into the trash (amazingly) and someone else found it and turned it in! Wonderful news! However, the staff at The Brayton ensured that while we were in Blackpool, that we could enjoy ourselves carefree. They helped us to find the local transportation (my wife's family is from Garstang and we wanted to visit the town), and they helped us enjoy some of the local attractions. We could not recommend The Brayton more highly!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JPatrickMalone
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This was my first trip to Blackpool for 22 years. We had booked this hotel as it is a little way out of 'the thick of it' which was exactly what we wanted. I must comment on Gloria who served our breakfast nothing was too much trouble for her, she was always very cheerful. This a very good value for money hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank bettyGloucester
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Arrived after a five hour drive where our youngest had been sick all over himself and the car seat. Asked where the nearest laundrette was, only for Lawrence to insist on putting it in with the hotel wash (free of charge) plus making us a tray of tea and coffee. Rooms and facilities were as described. Flatscreen TV with all the Freeview channels. A long walk or a short tram ride from the centre of town, which meant it was quiet at night, suiting us. Very family friendly, all the staff spoke to the children and there was a tray of free sweets on reception (we limited the boys to one a day).

Stayed with a three and a four year old. They hadn't had bunks before and they couldn't climb the ladders unaided, but slept fine.

Debbie was also really helpful when we needed to borrow some bits for an impromptu birthday party - we had planned to have this at home but staying an extra night is what Owen wanted most for his birthday - that says it all really.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The Brayton Hotel is very disappointing. The welcome was very luke warm from a rather a scruffy gentleman. The staircase was very steep and very narrow. The room was dingy and in need of refurbishment. In fact that was my impression of the entire hotel.
The paintwork in my room was chipped and tired and the shabby wallpaper is curling at the edges. The whole effect was tired and dull. There had been roof problems and there were signs of damp and decay. There were even holes in the pkterwork. It was also probably the smallest hotel room I've been in for years. Especially since it was supposed to be a Family Room!
I left before breakfast but the manager did not offer anything to replace it with a tray or similar.
I think the Brayton Hotel is very poor value for money and I'm very grateful that I only spent one night there. I won't be returning.

• Stayed: July 2012
brayton-hotel-owner, Manager at The Brayton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

We are sorry that you felt the need to post such a poor review without either making your feelings known or speaking to us at the time. I will address the points that you raised in order.
1.You arrived after Reception had closed at 10pm and my husband had to dress quickly to answer the door as we had already gone to bed for the night - we had assumed due to the lateness of the hour that you were not going to arrive.
2. The building is over 100 years old and staircases to upper floors are not of a modern design in that they can be steep but this is simply the style and character of the building
3. The photo that you have chosen to post showing the room size only shows the single bed by the window and is misleading
4. There had been slight damage to the ceiling area caused by the previous guest's child the night prior to your stay - these were very small areas of damage and not the size that your pictures imply as they give no idea of scale. We had been unable to get a contractor to carry out repair work that day but the flaws were rectified the following day. I acknowledge that the paintwork is in need of renovation, but we are in the middle of an upgrading programme and this room will be renovated fully in the very near future.
5. When you booked in at Reception, you stated that you were leaving at 6am and did not want a breakfast! We would happily have provided a breakfast tray
6. The booking that you made was for two people sharing a twin room and the cost reflected this - a single room would have been charged at the corresponding rate for one person
Our prices are clearly stated on the booking information, along with details of check in times etc. Had you expressed your dissatisfaction on your arrival, we would have happily moved you to an alternative room but you did not give us the chance to rectify the situation.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

we booked this break at the last minute,and couldnt have got a better place. generally a nice welcoming place to stay, the hosts, lawrence and debbie, went that extra mile to make sure you enjoyed your stay.the hotel is very clean and comfortable,towels shower gels,and shampoo all provided at no extra cost, tea and coffee and biscuits in your room, what more could we have wanted? it was like being in your own home. the breakfast was excellent, highly recommend this lovely hotel............thankyou, we will be coming back.

Room Tip: no faults whatsoever,our room at the back of the hotel was very quite.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple