“Another chance”
Review of The Cliffs Hotel

The Cliffs Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed at the cliffs end of January this year l didnt comment on it as l was not happy instead l sent an email to the hotel who did reply and said on my next visit we would have a upgrade to a sea view free of charged which we got.The room was on the 2nd floor my mistake l forgot to ask for the 1st. Friday night was very hard to sleep due to noise by other guest going to bed well after 1pm.Saturday night was terrible in concert room due to uncontrolled children running around the floor whilst both artistes were performing.The comedian asked several times for someone to do something about it eventually a member of staff approached the mother but it still continued.Whilst this was going on a non resident spent most of the time abusing the comedian.His language was disgusting again management did nothing.The restaurant is now part selfservice my husband liked this l didnt but that is not the hotel fault its personal choice. l felt l waited a long time for my meals because my husband was eating from the buffet the waiter ignored me l had to call him over..Overall l may go back but l would like the management to take more responsability over behavior in the concert room to ensure everyone evening is not spoilt by the ignorant few.

Room Tip: 2nd floor very noisy on the friday night most of the people l talked to said this
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShirleyWestYorkshire
Write a ReviewReviews (2,003)

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Clean tidy and excellent food and service. Plus good entertainment. We have used this hotel for a number of years and go back at least twice a year and it keeps getting better. They have recently gone over to buffet service and we found that to be great
, even though they were just changing over the day after we arrived and yet it went so well , they deserve even higher star rating than they have..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Following the alterations, the dining room is more spacious and the buffet starters and desserts were a success. The waiter service was excellent as usual. Room clean and comfortable with a side view of the sea even though this wasn't asked for.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

A fantastic weekend away- food lovely, especially breakfast- always hot and stocked up. We did not watch the entertainment as we went out in the evening Will be returning and have already booked for the end of the year.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank miss_beea
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Just back from a enjoyable weekend (Fri - Mon). The rooms are spotless and all the staff very helpful. Carl our waiter was fantastic. The hotel have updated the restaurant and the coffee shop from our last stay in March 2012 and both looking good. Food was really good before but I much prefer the buffet style they have now. Food is delicious, varied and very fresh and its replenished frequently. My daughter (who is vegetarian) loved the choices she had.
The two girls who run the kids club are fantastic with the kids and they put a lot of effort in to entertaining the kids through the Easter weekend. My grandson (aged 7) loved The Hub.
Pool was fine if a bit small. It was very busy in the afternoons but ok early morning.
This break was great value for money.
I like the location of the hotel as its not in the centre but there is a tram stop and bus stop right outside the hotel and you are at the Tower in 5 mins. It is also a walkable distance if you are feeling fit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cathiem52
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I have just returned from a midweek break with my wife at The Cliffs Hotel in Blackpool.
We have had breaks at this hotel for a number of years and always had a good holiday. This time we wondered if the alterations at the hotel would be a success or not. The main alterations included integrating the old Dollys Bar into the restaurant and the introduction of a self service system for all bar the main evening meal.
We need not have worried as everything was excellently organised and worked extremely well.
The self service food areas were always properly looked after and re-stocked frequently with well prepared and presented hot and cold food.
The newly decorated and extended coffee/tea and snack area was nicely done and an improvement from last time we were their.
We also have to say all the staff from reception to waiters were pleasant, helpful and professional in all respects and made the holiday even more enjoyable.
The new systems are working well and if they continue to put the effort in to maintain them up to this standard the hotel will remain one of our holiday fixtures for many years to come.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GJackson123
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

Good value for money rooms were clean. Pool was nice and quiet because we went just before the Easter holidays. The dining room not as nice. Our tables were far to close to the people next to us I could hear there conversation a bit awkward at times. My cutlery had food debris on it that you couldn't miss, my glass had bits of food on it that I could feel and it had lipstick marks on so it took it up to the bar were the rude assistant bar manager Mandy pored my Malibu and coke into another dirty glass I mentioned this to her and she told me it was just water marks. I am a bar manager myself and know the difference between a watermark and food debris. It wouldn't of harmed her to give my glass a quick wash and polish and apologise but I guess that would of have taken up to much time and resources. I would return to the hotel as had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2013