“I've been going to the cliffs twice a year since I was 4” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Cliffs Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Cliffs Hotel
Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
Penrith, United Kingdom
“I've been going to the cliffs twice a year since I was 4”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The cliffs is amazing. We went on Friday 1st November and came home on Sunday 3rd. Because I have been so many times I think it's great. I think the self service is better because you can see your starter and pudding before you choose wether you want it or not. I'm 12 and my sister is 8 so this time I didn't go to the base which is the kids club. But I went and had a go on the soft toy grab machine it is so addictive but it's prize every time which is good. So the cliffs is the best hotel ever and I think everyone should stay at the cliffs it is amazing.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Abby S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
Chester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel, staff are friendly and polite, some of the decor is looking a bit tired here and there but otherwise the place is good. Plenty for the kids to do, spotless pool and sauna, good entertainment, great bar, good prices and good service. The food, I've had worse food at 5 star hotels, the food here was outstanding, we also had a great waiter for our stay, Andy, he ensured that my wife's birthday meal went off without a hitch, thank you. The only thing that let our break down was the weather. We'll be back to this gem of a hotel again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

i recently stayed at the cliffs and was really disgusted the way the so called reception manager spoke to the rest of the staff at the front desk. i have been many times before and not encountered this before, it was both embarassing for the poor girls working and for me, never done this before but felt it needed saying. thankyou.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lea1965
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I have stayed here with my visually impaired grandma, grandad and mum for 11 years now, always coming in the October half term. This year the food was absolutely fantastic and I love what they have done, my grandad had plenty to choose from as he can sometimes be a picky eater, the food suited everyone's needs. Our waiter Zebbe was amazing and helped so much with my grandma and is a true credit. The Cliffs is always a friendly atmosphere and will help with anything including fixing a little girls toy, they cater for any needs, and always provide additional help for those who need it. The children can attend a kids club which I used to go to and so I know it it great fun, especially when you go trick or treating around the leisure bit and cafe bar. It is in a great location with tram stops and bus stops to take you all over, which is unlike other hotels, and so it is great for my grandad who can't walk very much. We are always welcomed in this hotel and I can easily say I will never go to a hotel other than the Cliffs in Blackpool. Already booked for next year. Great for all the family! See you next year!

Room Tip: When booking inform them of any needs you may have so that they can adjust things to suit your needs...
1 Thank Hannahwoodcockshaw
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

Been here many times with my family, ( wife and 2 twin boys (8 years) ) the food is top notch. Rooms clean,tidy, good hot water and pressure, pool very good. Kids club good but needs to be managed better... the hits great.otel is a little tired in places but on the whole the staff and entertainment more than make up for that. I saw lots and lots of content holiday makers....... make the most of it
Liday

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank craig29805
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for the past 15 years or more with my parents and when our children were small, we have always had a really nice time and would highly recommend it to others. We again recently stayed there whilst celebrating my dads 80th birthday and prior to the visit I had contacted the manager there requesting certain rooms and reserving tables within the dining area, nothing was too much trouble, the manger was so approachable and his kindness and little extras made my dads birthday an extra special one both for my dad and his family, I must add the food that is now buffet style is even better than before both plentyfull and varied, we will definitely be booking again hopefully in the very near future, and once again a big thankyou to Mr Paul Kershaw Mr Brindle and The Snapes Chorley Lancashire

1 Thank Karen S
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for the day and night. The hotel staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The food was lovely, and plenty of choice. The hotel is lovely and clean. The pool was great. We will definitely be returning for a longer stay.

Stayed October 2013