“Christmas Party Night!”
Review of The Cliffs Hotel

The Cliffs Hotel
Ranked #22 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I organised this one night stay for our works Christmas party for 6 adults, 3 rooms 2 sharing on Friday 20th December.

Rooms were great, asked for and got - the top floor (very quiet during the night - no noise from the party night down stairs etc) and a sea view.
Borrowed a Scrabble set from reception for our afternoons entertainment - the only criticism would be that this WAS ALL they had - would have been nice to have more choice such as, Mouse Trap, Hungry-Hungry Hippos and Kerplunk!

Did not use the pool on this occasion but did enjoyed the leisure facilities the last time I stayed at The Cliffs.

With regards to the Christmas Party - everyone enjoyed the evening which included a live (Ian Hooper) band and late disco and a lovely traditional Xmas dinner, all served promptly by the waiting staff!

Had a quality breakfast in the morning-only thing that could have made it better would be black pudding!
Coffee/tea and toast was served to our table fast and plenty-full by the attentive waiting staff!

NO COMPLAINTS

1  Thank mtbtlr
Write a ReviewReviews (2,005)

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have just got back from the Cliffs after staying just one night for one of their organised Party nights. The hotel is very nice and I would recommend it - especially for the price!
It is situated right on the front about a mile after the north pier, and free car parking is provided although it can be difficult to find a space at peak periods. They have a HUGE reception/lounge area and although a little sparse there is plenty of seating. The rooms are very good indeed and quite big. We had a twin room and I was surprised to find one double bed and one single so lucky me got a double bed to myself which was very comfy. There is a modern TV and tea making facilities. Our bathroom didn't have a bath, just a shower (no big deal) but a neighbouring room DID have a bath so if this is important to you then I suggest you mention this upon booking. A lock on the bathroom door wouldn't go amiss. If you not staying for the party night also ask for a room on the top floor - lovely & quiet.
There are probably more modern hotels in Blackpool but as a whole I was very pleased and I thought it was excellent value for money - £50 for a 4 course meal, a live band, disc, an overnight stay with breakfast on a Friday night 5 days before Christmas?! Get in!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quietest. If a bath is important to you ask when you book.
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Just returned from a Turkey and Tinsel night at The Cliffs Hotel. The room we had was a family room as there was three of us with a twin room and a separate double room with a tv in both rooms, comfy beds, lovely bathroom. the entertainment was excellent. The evening meal was a bit disappointing compared to last year but it didn't stop us enjoying ourselves. Breakfast very good as much to eat as you wanted. The staff were very friendly and helpful, all in all very good and we shall go again

Reviewed 15 December 2013

My first time at this hotel, was a family gathering for a 50th birthday so 2 events in 1 for us. I really can't find fault, the food was excellent, and HOT, which is an event in itself considering the amount of people they had to serve, over 100 people. The band were really good, played a bit of everything for everyone and really got people in the party mood. The DJ could have been a bit more up to date, Agadoo and Superman went out years ago!!!
My room was basic but large, no frills but then I didn't book a frills room so can't complain there.
Breakfast was good and plentiful.
But really, what made this hotel stand out from the rest....the Staff, honestly, the staff were friendly, helpful, not stuck up and stand offish. They made the stay that much better, so thank you.

1  Thank Jackie K
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have been to this hotel every year for the Tinsel and Turkey Party Nights. Very good value for money, good food, very nice staff. The entertainment wasn't as good as usual, a band and disco which unfortunately were much too loud, much louder than previous years.
We went back to our room for a bit of quiet WRONG we had been put in rooms above the concert room. We might as well have stayed downstairs! Even with ear plugs in it was too loud! After phoning reception we were told the festivities don't finish till 2pm, it is Party night you should expect noise! I pointed out I do expect noise, but on arrival if we had been told we may have more noise from those rooms we would have asked if quieter rooms were available - we have never had this problem before. She did offer to see if there were any rooms available but who wants to start re packing and moving rooms at 11.30pm! I spoke to my friend the next morning who had stayed in rooms near to us, they had the same problem. Spoilt what should have been a lovely time.

Room Tip: If you want less noise avoid any that are over the concert room unless you are staying all night!
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for one night whilst attending our Blood Bike Xmas party.
Parking was a bit tight but we got a space close to reception
Reception was spacious and clean. Bars were big enough and we had drinks served quickly. Party dinner was of a good standard considering how many people they had to serve in a short time. The party entertainment (although no X factor winners) were quite good.

My only negative is the room. it was small and not a great deal of room and I felt the room itself and bathroom could do with a bit of TLC.

Staff were fine and the breakfast ok.
All in all a good hotel for a short stay and in a good location for blackpool prom.

Room Tip: We stayed at the front of the hotel and had a nice view of the North sea
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Just returned from the Cliffs, 4 nights all inclusive excellent value for the money.
Staff the best in Blackpool, Entertainment out of this world, Comics, Singers and Dancers.
Cannot wait for my next holiday in this Hotel.