“Mid week break” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Blackpool
York, United Kingdom
“Mid week break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have stayed in choice hotels before but this was the first time in the cliffs. We paid for a sea view room but had to pay more because we had a suite!!i have stayed in lots of hotels & have had a suite so was surprised to have a room with a badly marked sofa squeezed into the bay it would have been so much better a small table& 3 chairs so we could all sit & enjoy the view.There was two twin beds only 1with bedside table and a double bed.I do think they should charge per room for sea views but to charge£10 per person per night because it was a suite we felt we had been over charged but my mother doesn't like to complain ,but my sister& myself felt we should have done.On the positive side food very good& also entertainment .we will be returning later in the year.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank janet j

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (618)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Hi, I am writing to let you know that I am very very displeased with my short time in the cliffs hotel (30mins) my room looked lovely in the the pictures yet when I arrived I was surprised to open the door to the smallest hotel room I have ever seen and anciently decorated. Also we had a tiny Yale lock securing our door and the first thing we noticed when entering the room apart from the mentioned above we seen a small sign saying not to leave things lying about as there have been numerous break in's felt very safe. The corridors were very dark as a lot of the lights were out and also the noise in the corridors was unreal. When I asked for my money back at the counter I was told no I can't have it back but I could be uprgraded for free to a sea view room which was a small bit better but the bathroom in it was older than me and the bath was absolutely bogging. The noise from the stairs was unbearable. So we left and was told we can only get £132 back of my £182 and it will be by check. So I had to book out and go and book into a standard double (but more than acceptable) premier inn room closer to the local amenities and for the same price. I felt disappointed and lured into a deal with falsified pictures etc and after I booked and realised it wasn't how it was ment to be being told you can't have your money back feels like daylight robbery !

• Stayed April 2014
9 Thank Jonny301090
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

This was the 4th time we've stayed at the Cliffs and it won't be the last. We stayed for the midweek all inclusive break 21-25 April 2014 in a non sea view family room this time.

Everything was fantastic as per usual. The self service restaurant is a fantastic addition to a great hotel. The staff are helpful and friendly.
Special thanks to the Base staff who went out of their way to help my daughter celebrate her birthday while we there too. Nothing was too much trouble.
Role on the next one :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank jojogirl352
stockport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

we have stayed at all the choice hotels before but this when having young kids with you is unbeatable value. There is the pool which is great and a great gym area that i never use when there as i train all the year round, and enjoy the food too much whilst there.We had my mum and dad with us my father having to use a wheelchair wasn't a problem,i had my 4 year old son with me and my brother had a 10 year old boy and 6 year old girl, we never saw them hardly at night. whilst we enjoyed the acts they were in the base kids club. The food was excellent and all the staff fantastic. had a slight problem with my original room, which reception changed for us with no problem. all in all as i said unbeatable value excellent food and blackpool aswell. to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Spent a break at the Cliffs at the middle of April. Our room was on the 1st floor and was adequate for our needs. Soft but comfortable bed and the bathroom, although on the small side, was still adequate for our needs. The room was kept clean all week.
The meals and service were excellent with the starters and sweets on buffet style basis. The standard of the buffet were as good as any hotels we have stayed in. The main meal was on a table service basis from an excellent menu choice. The entertainment was very good and provision made for the kids prior to the main entertainment - can be very busy at the start of the night. As usual with the Cliffs, the car parking can be difficult to secure a location in the front of the hotel that allows you to leave the car without needing to move - a minor issue and one that is dealt with efficiently by the hotel staff. Although we didn't use the pool this time, it is a very good facility. All in all and excellent value break supported by very efficient and helpful, friendly staff. We can certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: May be worth paying extra for a sea view room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

brill brill brill what a great hotel spacious rooms spotlessly clean, fab food well above average, and the kids club was a god send never new they were there always in the base or the pool evening entertainment great

Room Tip: sea veiw great
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Yvonne G
Stone, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a great weekend at Blackpool made extra special for stopping at the Cliffs
Staff are very friendly and welcoming.
Hotel is very clean and the food is exceptional.
All in all a brilliant place to stay and would thoroughly recommend a try, there's no doubt that we shall be returning again soon A+++++++

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends