“Very much enjoyed!”
Review of The Cliffs Hotel

The Cliffs Hotel
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Blackpool is a very special place to me, and like a second home. I have relatives down there. I have been coming to stay at the Cliffs hotel with family for the past 14/15 years or so. I came with my boyfriend last week to stay, Monday to Friday. When we arrived we were greeted by a lovely receptionist, whose name is Karl King. Thank you for making us feel so welcome! Our room was very clean and comfortable, and bed was made every morning. Entertainment was great at night, good comedians and music, I do enjoy 60's/70's/80's music but i feel it was merely aimed at older adults, and other young people like my partner and other couples, weren't very keen (almost every night.) For food I do like the buffet service for starters and desserts, very good idea. We had a great time seeing all of Blackpool's attractions and the sunshine. Your hotel is the best, Cliffs!

Room Tip: Get a seaview room!
Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I have just spent a lovely weekend at the Cliffs hotel in Blackpool. If you are looking for a hotel that is near to all the night life then the Cliffs is not for you. The hotel is about a mile away from the North Pier. However, that does not mean it is filled with older people - there is a mixture, which is refreshing. We had dinner, bed and breakfast, which was plentiful with lots of choice, as well as access to the pool and spa facilities for only £158 for two nights. There is a tram/bus stop right outside the hotel and it is £4.50 for a day ticket. you can hop on or off on any tram or bus all day. We went to Fleetwood, Cleveleys and Starr Gate which is right at the South end of Blackpool. The only thing we were slightly disappointed in was the size of the pool. It wasn't very big and there were lots of children in so it wasn't a relaxing experience. The rooms were very clean but basic. That said, this would not put us off going again. We loved it.

1  Thank Tracey R
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here at Easter time during the all inclusive week. The food was brilliant, they have a buffet style setup for starters and deserts. There is always something you will like! The breakfast is the same for hot food, the only thing the waiters/waitresses bring you is tea, coffee and toast. The cafe/coffee lounge in the hotel has a very good selection of food too at a reasonable price if you want to eat before dinner. There is also a bar open in there most of the day too. The other bar doesn't open until the evening. The entertainment in the hotel is also top quality with a good range of singers and comedians. During the all inclusive week bingo tickets were sold each night and the game was held during the interval. The prizes every night totalled to over £100! I am disabled and one of the nights I stayed on my own and the restaurant staff were very helpful and made sure I had everything I needed. Paul K. one of the Hotel General Managers is also very helpful and if anything is ever wrong he will always sort it. Thanks for the brilliant week and I will be returning in the future!

Room Tip: The seaview room is always better as the back of the hotel isnt good to look at lol!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just had a two night stay at the Cliffs in Blackpool, great place, customer service second to none and great food. We wish we could have stayed longer. Evening meals are just fantastic, part self service and part to your table. Faultless.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the front with a great view of the sea, with both shower and bath. Just su...
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Have just arrived back from a weekend in blackpool staying at the cliffs hotel.
From start to finish could not fault.
Painless check in. Had asked for two quiet rooms next to each other and that is what we got.
Everything you could need was in room.
Was told at reception when we checked in to go to the restaurant and that our table for the weekend would be sorted.
We were given a choice of tables and choose the one we wanted which was excellent as we had a less than mobile person with us.
The food was faultless. Have never enjoyed food so much in this country.
The entertainment was alright as well but we are not entertainment people like to have a drink and chat.
Parked the car up and left it there as bus and tram stop outside the door.
Would definitely use again if I return to blackpool. Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as they are what they say on the tin
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2014

When we arrived at the Cliffs we were greeted by a receptionist telling us that check in doesn't start until 12.30, fair enough as we were early but she didn't look up from her paperwork once, not a good first impression. We went to town and returned at 2.30 and were checked in by a very friendly and efficient receptionist.

Our room was at the back somewhere, it had no view but a comfy bed. I can only describe the door to the bathroom as a hobbit door, but the bathroom was large and very clean, along with all of the hotel.

We sampled the breakfast and it was mass produced but a tasty start to the day, my husband could have done with a larger plate and we had to ask for sugar but overall a good breakfast experience.

Unfortunately our experience of the leisure facilities could have been better, I phoned 3 weeks prior to book a massage for my husband and even though this took 2 calls to confirm it was not in the diary. The manager there pulled out all of the stops and booked him in for the following day but this did disrupt our plans. Full marks to the manager for sorting it out though.

The hotel has both a tram and bus stop directly outside so it's very easy to get into town.

Overall our stay was pleasant but I don't think we'll stop there again. It's difficult to say why we wouldn't but I don't get a happy holiday vibe from the place.

1  Thank tiggshants
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was our first time at the cliffs always stayed at Claremont could not fault the staff all very helpfull and pleasant food was absolutely deliucios rooms where comfy and clean could just do with more disabled rooms. Will definitely be back

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family