“Excellent value”

Ranked #23 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Lancashire
“Excellent value”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked a double sea view B&B+Dinner for a Saturday night, for £98. Check in was very quick & the room was spotless.

Dinner is semi self service, you help yourself to starters & sweets, the main course is served to you. All the staff were excellent as was the food. We had a nice bottle of wine for around £ 15.

Breakfast was self service, again it was all very good.

I don't think we could have found better value anywhere else in Blackpool. We'll be back.

Room Tip: The sea view was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chewy380

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (640)
Buckingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We were a party of 12 ladies all friends and family, away for the weekend to celebrate my step daughters 18th Birthday.
On arrival, as the organiser I was introduced to the manager, who showed me around the dining room and showed me where our table would be for the weekend. We were given our keys and went up to our rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable and of a decent size. The beds at the Cliffs have to be the most comfortable I have EVER stayed in, total comfort.
We had a fabulous weekend, everyone loved the hotel and all commented on how lovely the food was. Thank you to ALL the staff, for making our stay enjoyable, we will definitely be back again. I don't think I would stay anywhere else now that I've found the Cliffs. X

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kimbab
Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Once again we've had a fantastic 5 day break at the Cliffs.Rooms clean,public rooms excellent and the food superb.Thanks to the staff for looking after us and hope they enjoyed having us. The entertainment was of the usual high standard and comedian Terry Cotter "brill". Bus &tram right outside,and last but not least weather good. thanks CLIFFS.

Room Tip: Sea view if possible
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MargaretBlackmore
Bo'ness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Along with my son I have an annual trip to Blackpool,Having stayed at various hotels in this lovely resort I have to truthfully say this is the best one we have been in.How it is only a 2 star I just don't understand as the rooms as with the rest of the hotel were spotlessly clean.The food was also first class with a wide choice of dishes but I think best of all were the staff...so enthusiastic..Along with the leisure facilities and entertainment I will definatley return. Just one small thing......Can the bar stock diet Irn Bru!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for it..You won't be disappointed. Bus and Trams handy.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dougie S
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have stayed here on numerous occasions and have always enjoyed our stay. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a gym and small swimming pool, and entertainment for the little ones. The food is excellent, we thoroughly enjoyed the steak night. The only downside on our last trip was that our room was above the evening entertainment room and was quite noisy. Also as another reviewer pointed out the comedian on the Saturday night was dreadful, I have never seen this comedian before and I hope I never see him again. However, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a warm, friendly atmosphere in a convenient location. Looking forward to our next stay!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have been using the Cliffs Hotel two/three times each year for the past twenty years and have never been less than totally satisfied with the service we have received. Furthermore if you do have any observations to make, they invariably act upon it and try to rectify the issue. A good example of this is the designated smoking area thus removing people from the entrance/exit which was quite unpleasant for non-smokers like us. We would however respectfully urge management to consider installing SKY SPORTS if not in residents rooms, in the cafe bar adjacent to the swimming pool please!!

Room Tip: Rooms 230 to 238 serve our needs in every respect.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having stayed at The Clairemont Hotel last year and really enjoyed it, and as it is part of the same group as The Cliffs Hotel, I thought it would be a good place to stay. The hotel is a very impressive building on the front, but with very limited parking, you could well end up parking quite a way from it. The welcome was very warm at reception and the room was clean and very comfortable. The evening meals and breakfast served in the restaurant were excellent and you had plenty to eat with self service being offered at breakfast time, and in the evening, you could help yourself to as many starters and desserts you wanted, with the main course being brought to your table.
The only downside to this really good weekend, and the reason for only 3 stars, was the fact we had no sleep at night because we discovered our room was directly above the room where the evening entertainment was held. We were given room 151, and unless you want to stay up till 1am and watch the evening entertainment, don't stay in this room. We heard every sound from the entertainment and sleep was impossible.
However, I would stay at The Cliffs again, but make sure I was no where near room 151!

Room Tip: Avoid room 151 and the surrounding rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends