The Cliffs Hotel
US$72
US$64
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$108
US$85
US$75
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$57
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
2,032 results
All reviewskids clubcafe barstarters and dessertschoice hotelsswimming poolsea viewself serviceevening entertainmentbuffet styleentertainment roomhalf boardtram stopsister hotelweekend breakexcellent value for moneygreat weekendcannot fault
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My first impression of the Cliffs wasn't good - the entrance doors to the hotel were grubby and full of dirty finger marks, I wanted to wash my hands as soon as I arrived.

Anyway, grubby doors forgotten, I found the welcome and check in very good. On arriving in the room I was pleasantly surprised, it was a good size and had a lovely view of the sea. However, the bathroom was a different story. I have never struggled so much in a bathroom - I'm a size 8 so I can't imagine how anyone bigger would manage. There was nowhere to put any toiletries or hang anything up, very impractical.

I found the food to be OK and quite enjoyable (the lamb shank was delicious, but the steak was tough and tasteless), however paying for drinks whilst eating your starter wasn't very nice - why can't you pay after your meal?

The entertainment was fine - the adult entertainment doesn't start until 9pm. An elderly member of our party found it too loud so retired early to bed. I think maybe this is more of a family orientated hotel and it would have been ideal for me when my children were young.

The hotel is well placed for the trams, and even for a nice walk towards the tower and central pier if you are fit enough.

I probably wouldn't return to the hotel, but not because I didn't enjoy it or don't recommend it, but mainly because it just wasn't my scene.

Room Tip: Ensure your bathroom isn't the size of a postage stamp!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sunandmoon10
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for the weekend recently great value for money good food clean and comfortable room friendly and helpful staff It most certainly is not a "Dump" with mould on the walls and rude staff it knows what it is. !!! I would not hesitate to back again. Its a family hotel lots a kids about

Room Tip: get a seaview rooms at the back are a bit gloomy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place is situated at the far end of the promenade towards Fleetward end. It is served by both bus and tram stops. The hotel is old traditional, parking is limited to a few spaces out the front. The rooms are clean and the bed was really comfortable. Room 107 however had the most ridiculous space for à toilet I have ever experienced. If you are older than 6 years of age you will struggle to sit on it as it is wedged between the wall and the bath. I don't know if all rooms are the same or not.
The breakfasts here are superb. It's buffet style and all fresh. The service for tea and coffee was quick and the staff were polite and courteous. The bar area was pleasent and staff friendly. The hotel has a pool area but I didn't see this. Overall I was pleased with this hotel and all it had to offer.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 kids aged 8 & 4. We stayed for 5 nights at the Cliffs Hotel, Blackpool and could not have enjoyed it more. The hotel is really well set up for kids, with a swimming pool and kids club. The staff at the kids club were very helpful and energetic, in particular Edward who was brilliant. The food at the hotel is excellent for all the family and again the staff, in particular Marius, our waiter for the duration, was particularly friendly. On returning home I realised that I had left my hair dryer and hair straighters, on phoning the hotel reception, Julie, the receptionist could not have been more helpful. She packaged the items, contacted me with the weight and dimensions of the box and suggested a courier company. All in all we had a great family holiday made even better by the excellent service and value for money of this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Second time stay in this hotel, this time payed extra for sea view room, don't be fooled rooms at the front are very small with a corridor bathroom, between the bath and wall it was aprox 20inches, ,the food is very good and not bad entertainment, the only place in the day to sit and relax is the cafe bar, very little comfortable seating , it's mainly for dining at lunch , pool area very nice and pool bar had got aircon which was very welcoming during the hot humid days that we have just had , I would stay again but ask for a better bathroom (if there is one)'if not then I would look else where.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends