“Perfect!”
Review of Windsor House

Windsor House
Ranked #46 of 860 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2012 via mobile

Just home from a 2 night visit to Blackpool and stayed at the Windsor House again. Lost count of how many times we've been here now but love it. Really nice place, perfect location for sea front, trams, train and bus stations, 2 mins walk from all.

Stayed in room 3, a premier double. Spotlessly clean and well furnished with a comfy bed, mini fridge, computer with free Internet and an I-pod dock! Nice hot shower too. Breakfast is super, a filling full English with unlimited coffee, tea and toast. Friendly staff who can't do enough for you.

Looking forward to the next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Johnatdriff

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Hi Paul.

Just like to thank you for taking care of the pair of us this weekend. We both loved it and will be returning soon.
Gotta say you run about like a loon making sure your guests are well looked after.

We stayed in a premier room. Well worth it.
Everything was clean and tidy throughout the hotel. Breakfast was a proper "Full English".

Gotta be my favourite place to stay.

Thanks Paul

Alan and Taz

Room Tip: Go for the premier rooms guys. A little extra but well worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Taz699572
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Spent 3 nights here to celebrate my 50th Birthday. Paul was an excellent host, made us feel very welcome, nothing was too much trouble & he made a delicious breakfast every morning. My room was spotless with very comfy bed & plenty of tea bags (always a bonus for me) Central location only few minutes from train station & North Pier. Thank you Paul for making my Birthday so special & introducing us to the fabulous Jess. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.
Janice & Lisa

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jandi62
Reviewed 29 August 2012

I've never written so many reviews for one property before, but then I've never stayed at a property as often as I have at Windsor House before! I'd have to check with Paul the owner, but I think I must have notched up at least 20 visits since I found this wonderful place in 2009 - sometimes I stay there so often the other B&Bs owners on the street are amazed I'm back again, and a couple of local businesses have said they'd assumed I was a local until I told them!

It's all down to this place - back in 2009 it was my last try for a stay in Blackpool after my old B&B closed down. None of the other places were awful, but they just didn't feel friendly or cosy enough for the solo traveller. If Windsor House hadn't fitted the bill, I might well have stopped coming up to Blackpool.

Windsor House has it all - beautifully decorated, spotless rooms with all the facilities you need (and more in the Premier rooms which I often splash out on - they offer a lot more for not much more money and are a particular bargain for couples as they're sold per room, not person), a tasty and very generous breakfast (sausage, bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato and beans plus unlimited toast and tea/coffee - I often find I skip lunch!) in a lovely classically Victorian dining room, and a lovely spacious but cosy bar (open Fri/Sat normally) which has a pool table, big TV and, new for 2012 - a quiz machine! Thanks Paul! (Been begging him to get one for ages!).

What Windsor House has of course that no other B&B has is your host Paul himself, ably assisted by Jess the wonderdog! You won't meet a nicer chap than Paul - a true gentleman who is warm, funny and kind and can't do enough for you without being overbearing or false. He makes the place what it is - and it's my second home in Blackpool thanks to him - don't ever leave Paul! I don't know what I'd do without Windsor House!

Stay here - you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Premier rooms are lovely for not much extra - a bargain. All rooms are good though and all great val...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank BrumTraveller
Reviewed 28 August 2012

Just returned from an absolutely great weekend, staying at The Windsor House in Blackpool.
What more can you say in addition to all the other great reviews?
Room - Spotlessly Clean
Bed - Really Comfortable
Breakfast - First Class Quality
Lastly - Customer Service
In all of the hotels that I have stayed at, the customer service at Windsor House has to be the best. It really would put a lot of the larger hotel chains to shame. Perhaps they should send their staff here, to see how it should be done.
Thanks for an excellent weekend, will definately be back again soon !

Room Tip: Premier Rooms are available, which are a little larger in size, and have some realy nice extra littl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Daz_Wales
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just returned from a fantastic stay at the Windsor, from the moment you arrive Paul makes you feel so at home, nothing is too much trouble for him, he goes out of his way to make sure you are happy and having a nice stay. The room was spotless clean,very nicely decorated and all the personal touches Paul has put into the rooms just make it a wonderful place to stay, the breakfast was lovely and plenty of it, we would recommend this place to anyone, Paul is a true gent.
Thankyou Paul for a wonderful stay, Ray & Cath

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ray1889
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Made to feel like visiting friends rather than just guests. Room was clean and comfy - have been twice now and have been welcomed in the same friendly manner both times. If you go to Blackpool then stay here!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple