“GOOD LOCATION”

Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in Blackpool
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“GOOD LOCATION”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Booked for one night and paid extra for a superior room, a mixture of new and old in the room, quality of room was basic, the room had two double beds, is this what we paid extra for ? Breakfast was average and the smell of fish offered on the menu filled the dinning room. Poor parking facilities. Sorry to say, expected better as we stayed to celerbrate our silver wedding anniversary.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank june r

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
St Venera - Malta
Reviewed 12 August 2012

My wife and I had the nice experience of staying at the hotel for four nights from the 2nd to the 6 August.

The service was excellent and the environement inside the hotel and outside were fabulous. We felt at home from the moment we entered the hotel and the staff were more than helpful. We also had our luggage transferred to our rooms while we were at dinner. The food was excellent and the rooms were very confortable and large.

We recommend this hotel to everyone and we do not hasitate to book again this hotel once we visit England again.

Joe & Carmen Rapinett - Malta

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Blyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This is our second visit to the hotel from Northumberland. The first time we visited we were well impressed the 2nd time was even better. We were made welcome when we arrived, the large sea view room we had, was very clean and we had a clean and comfy bed. Fresh towels daily, the food was very good, the communal areas were of a high standard especially the ballroom. The sun terrace over looking the sea was a good area in the hotel to sit and read or chat to other hotel guests. The staff in all parts of the hotel were they polite and courteous, and there was ample free car parking. My wife and I had an excellent weekend and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George A
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just returned from Park House having really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean, comfortable with a relaxing atmosphere and beautiful communal areas. The staff are excellent, welcoming, polite and courteous. The food was beautiful and Rafal and Cathy were very attentive and available but not standing over you as happens in some places. The rooms we stayed in were both clean and were serviced daily with clean towels and replinished supplies. Darren was both helpful and entertaining. I'd stay here again.

Keep up the good work. Well done and thank you

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We have just returened from Park house and honestly cannot agree with the reviews that have been posted hilst we were there. The hotel is well maintained with beautiful communal areas. I agree that it is targetted towards older people, however this didn't concern us, quite obviously as our 11 year old daughter asked if we could go back in October....which we are. The staff are a credit to Park house, nothing is too much trouble and in our experience will go out of their way to help you above and beyond their remit...a HUGE well done and thank you!!

The food was beautiful, as for not being able to have juice as well as coffee etc, what rubbish, only this morning I had juice and coffee at breakfast, my daughter had juice and cereal. Each evening the dinner was beautiful and we were always asked if we wanted more...not that this was needed with a 4 course meal being offered.

The family room that we stayed in and the single room that my father in law stayed in were both clean and well presented and were serviced daily with clean towels and replinished supplies. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed a visit to the Doric hotel yessterday afternoon for a swim and spa, as for the evening entertainment..yes, it isn't everybodies cup of tea however there are plenty of other areas to enjoy a drink and chat if you don't wish to see the evening entertainment....or even, go out for a walk!

I was a little concerned about how my father in law would manage due to him being ill and struggles to walk far, this wasn't a problem the porter helped him when needed and the use of a wheelchair was also available to us.....Thank you to Darren for your help!!

As for the television, well, is that what you went on holiday for??? We spent time in the downstairs lounge having a drink, chatting and watching the olympics on the television, why would you want to spend your day watching tv in your bedrrom??

A huge thank you and pat on the backfrom all of us, to everybody at Park house...keep up the good work!!! We'll see you again in October.

Debbie

Room Tip: Ignore other people's negative attitudes!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
manchester
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I have just been browsing through some of the reviews on the park house hotel. I was absolutely gob smacked. Both my mother and myself have stayed at this hotel several times and so i think that we are in a position to comment on it. On every occasion we have stayed we have been welcomed with politeness and courtesey. After staying obviously in different rooms I must say that they are not all the same. If for any reason we have ever had any need to bring something to their attention they have always tried to solve the situation every time. In the dining room we have always had top service and they have always been obliging, as for not being able to have either fruit juice or tea/coffee, absolute rubbish you can have both. We have never been able to find fault with any of the restaurant services. The rooms yes some do need updating but there are rooms which are perfectly adequate for the amount of money you pay. They are clean which to me is just as important as being posh and pricey. If you want that kind of thing go to the Imperial or somewhere of a similar standing, but will you get the personal and friendly service you get at the park house hotel. The entertainment is I admit geared towards an older age group but why should'nt they be catered for. Normally hotel entertainment is a little to loud for the more mature person. I personally enjoy any type of entertainment so I did'nt feel out of it. If you are going as a family with young children surely you should do your homework and find out if there are facilities that you need is available. Not everyone who goes away on holiday particularly want young children running round because they would have brought up their own and their grandchildren and are now enjoying "their time" and good on them. We have been at the hotel when there has been children staying and the parents have been quite satisfied with what was on.I can honestly say I have stayed in around twent hotels in blackpool and so therfore feel qualified to comment. The park house hotel is the nicest and friendliest hotel with the best food and staff we have ever encountered. My mum is 81 years young and I am a very ancient 59 years old who loves nothing more than having a great time. I hope all who read this and take in the very negative comments read the positive ones and you will calculate yourselves which out weigh which. Marilyn Manchester

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tinypip
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend for 3 nights, priced @ £228 for bed and breakfast!! At this price I was expecting it to be of quite high standards...of which it was not!!
Where do I start...the floor boards on the landings were VERY noisy and you could hear everyone passing your room!
The room itself was an absolute disgrace...very old decor, with bits of the wallpaper being sellotaped on, the old style television had next to no signal and very few channels, the carpet was not hoovered, the window was filthy, the curtains were thick with dirt at the top as was the lampshade, the valance sheet on the bed was dirty, we found a hair on the bed sheets and the bed was very uncomfortable with springs coming through (we had to try and pad it out with blankets)!!
Now on to the bathroom, an awful pink coloured bathroom suite, broken bits on the taps, a radiator with dirty splashes all over it and a shower over the bath which you had to duck to get your head under as it was far too low down!!
We did report these problems and some of which were solved but it still wasn't good enough!!
The night staff weren't very helpful and it was an effort for them to do something for you!!
The tables at breakfast are far too close together, you'd be aswell just sharing a table with the people next to you which I found very uncomfortable!! The "full" english breakfast wasn't very "full" as all the items you would expect in a breakfast weren't available every day, it was the chefs choice!!
The pictures which you see online of this hotel and it's rooms do not resemble it so do not be fooled!!
The hotel is full of OAP's and coach parties!!
I would not recommend this hotel and we will definately not be back!!

• Stayed August 2012