“would return again :)”

Ranked #90 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Durham, United Kingdom
“would return again :)”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I came here as I was in a awfull bed and breakfast and needed to get out so I searched on here and found the danescourt hotel, I rang asking if they could help and put us up at short notice. Andrew (the owner) was very friendly and helpful and told us to go straight round.As we walked in I could smell that it was clean, and it looked very homely. We were warmly welcomed. The room was a canny size and very comftable. We went into the bar on the night and the company was lovely and drinks were reasonably priced. Breakfast on the morning was gorgeous, couldn't fault it, the service was also excellent, we had full view of the kitchen also so I knew it was clean. would highly recommend and defo go back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Brighouse, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Booked on line requesting a room with a view of the sea (for my 3 yr old) and in the notes requested a cot (for my 10 month old). Upon arrival I was told that the sea view rooms were not big enough for a cot so was given a room with a brick wall view.
The next day saw the cleaners come in to the room and move some dirty cups from one side of the room to the other, they didn't clean them. Then when we returned from our day out we found the door open. It wasn't even on the latch! iPads, wallets and god knows what in there! Luckily nothing was stolen.
The rooms by the way, were pokey with ill fitting carpets and poor decor and I would only give 7/10 for cleanliness.
When we came to check out I settled the bill and left. An hour later I received an email telling me I was a 'no show' and would have to pay again. Wrong mr jones it seems.
On the plus side, the breakfast was acceptable and the waitresses were polite and worked hard.
Any positive comments about this place say more about the clientele than the place itself.
This wasn't cheap, £200 for 2 nights. I wish I'd have spent a little more and stayed at the Hilton. Never again Danescourt.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank J0nesy1969
japdwj, Owner at Danescourt Hotel, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
hello.firstly i must admit i don't know how to respond to this review but here goes...are you sure its the danescourt hotel blackpool you are talking about as quiet a few points don't sound like us..for example our most expensive room is far from £100 per night its far cheaper lol also we don't have full seaview rooms as we are a side hotel not quiet on the front but sidesea views are availble with are our family rooms which also fit a travel cot.
you also state the doors was left off the latch.this is impossible as all our doors are fire doors with automatic closers and yale locks which close and lock behind you when leaving the room.
another point i find hard to believe is that you state we was going to charge you twice for a no show if you did not show at our hotel we just charge the guests account and definatly would not mail you to let you know about this, all this is stated in our cancellation policy.
all in all if you read our other reviews you may understand why i think you have made a wrong response to my hotel but if you are ever in blackpool again please give us a try i dont think you will be disapointed with us.i would also be gratful if you could remove this when you find the correct hotel.
Rhuddlan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just returned from a one night stay to see the illuminations.We stayed in the lodge which is next door but one to the main hotel.We received a very warm welcome and were shown to our room, which was spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast was lovely, very filling which set us up for a long walk along the prom. The location of this hotel is very convenient for the prom and there is a tram stop at the bottom of the road. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights with our 3 little granddaughters. We arrived mid morning too early to check in but Andrew let us leave our luggage and gave us the key for our room and off we went to the water park . The room was clean &comfortable. The breakfast was lovely and filled you up for the day ahead. The location is great for all the attractions. Andrew works very hard to make your stay a pleasant one and couldn't do enough for us giving us extra milk for our tea extra towels ect. On the morning we were checking out it was raining and we weren't going home till later that day so Andrew said we could stay in the tv lounge at the lodge . when we went to collect our luggage later I was in need of a cup of tea while we waited for our taxi we asked if we could buy one but Andrew wouldn't hear of it and although he was busy he made us a lovely refreshing pot of tea for free thanks for that it was much appreciated. hopefully we will be back again our granddaughters can't wait

Room Tip: we stayed in room 8 one of the family rooms it is at the top
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I recently stayed here with family, we booked a family room for 2 adults and 2 children and a single room. On arrival we were given a warm welcome by Andrew and quickly shown to our rooms. The rooms are beautifully decorated and spotless. The bathroom was small but ample for our needs, plenty towels provided. Free wifi throughout which the kids loved as they could play on their IPads.

The hotel is close to the south pier and pleasure beach.

The breakfast in the morning was beautiful, we had cereal on the table then we were offered toast and a selection of cooked breakfasts.

Once we had made the journey back home to Scotland we realised my young cousin left her IPhone in the hotel, I phoned next morning and was glad to be told it had been found and would be posted back to us, I would like to say thanks again for sending it back my cousin was delighted.

In the future I would gladly stay at this hotel again and hope to be returning very soon.

Skipton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We booked a family room for two adults and two children in this hotel which was lovely. Friendly staff who took lots of time to give us local info., spotless clean and an enjoyable stay. We will be visiting again soon!!

• Stayed August 2013
Wath-upon-Dearne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Fantastic little family hotel. Excellent location Warm welcome, spotless comfortable room, first class breakfast, what more can I say but very professionally run establishment. See you next time Andrew