“Best Place To Stay In Blackpool”
Review of Raffles Hotel

Raffles Hotel
Ranked #66 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best Place To Stay In Blackpool”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

This is the best place we have stayed in at Blackpool, and we have stayed in quite a few.
Good hosts, nice room, clean & warm throughout. Breakfast very good. Complimentary coffee in the tea room on arrival. And the christmas decorations are beautiful. We will be back. Dawn & Stephen.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
yorkshire, england
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My wife and daughter have just arrived home from a week-end dancing competition in Blackpool, the have come in raving about Raffles.
The reception received by both Ian & Graham was amazing, bags were carried to their room and complimentary drinks provided in The Raffles Tea Room.
The room was exceptionally clean, to an amazing standard, as my wife had other dancers and Mums staying, she was able to see 2 other rooms, all to the same exacting standard. Car parking was taken care by Ian, this was a service only experienced at The Savoy for £36 plus vat.
My wife and others ordered take-aways for the Saturday night, again, I cannot even begin to describe the service they received, tell me another hotel that provides plates etc for your take-away.
The biggest thing for me as a husband and Dad is the knowledge that the team, Graham, Ian and Phil provided for my wife and daughter. I cannot thank you enough for the going not the extra mile, but for providing a service that I do not have the ability of doing it justice. Phil, thank-you for your sincere kindness, something that I know my wife and daughter will treasure. I understand your skills are somewhat nocturnal being the evening Manager, however, you were amazing, Amanda and Amelia's words.
This hotel sets the standards for the rest of the country to attempt to aspire to, if Graham, Ian and Phil were to set the minimum standard for the country, our hotels would be constantly full. You are a credit, to the North West Tourist Board, the hotel industry. Thank-you for b
Making my families week-end stay PERFECT.

Room Tip: Any. There is not a pool, but if there was it would be the best.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Meggo1709
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Considering I am not a lover of Blackpool, I wasn't looking forward to staying in the town but Raffles Hotel totally made the trip. My partner and I stayed in suite four for two nights and it was fantastic!!! The decor was lovely, with the best lazy-boy chair and footrest I have every used. The bedroom was very clean and well done out and the living room/kitchen really made it nice to relax after wandering round all day.

A couple of low points were Funny Girls and the gay scene. Very disappointed with both. The pubs and clubs were just full of very drunk woman on hen nights which made the nights very annoying (we did go to Lucy's and that was very good so worth a visit) and Funny Girls was over priced crap. Totally gone down hill and I wouldn't waste your money!! Both of these points are nothing to do with the hotel, just wanted to give people the heads-up.

I doubt we will ever return to Blackpool, but if we do we will make sure to stay at Raffles as it is the best little hotel I have stayed in and Graham and Ian are the best host.

Finally, when you stay at Raffles, get up at least once to have breakfast. To die for!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite if you can. The extra room makes all the difference and you get a full kitchen a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dusty290
Burford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

A fab place to stay with friends or family whilst in Blackpool. We had a family suite and our friends a double room. Both were extremely clean and well equipped. Good quality linen and towels gave a luxurious feel. The hosts were very welcoming and nothing seemed too much trouble.
Raffles is in a great location for all the major sites yet lovely and quiet during the evening.
A fab breakfast sets you up for the day ahead.
I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jane M
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I would have given Raffles hotel 3.5 if you could give half stars. We had a double and a single room in this hotel. I have visited a lot of B&B's over the years, so the room being small was no problem. I found my single bed small, more like a couch as the 3 sides were enclosed. I am used to sleeping in a dark room and there is a lamp outside which doesn't stop the light coming through the light curtains. I didn't have a very good sleep. I also thought it was pretty expensive for Blackpool. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast was really nice, as was the man serving.
We had looked at other B&B's before we decided to stay here as it was getting dark, this was the best we had seen. We had never been to Blackpool before and will never return, we couldn't wait to leave. If you are looking for a clean B&B with a good breakfast this hotel would suit, just make sure it's Blackpool you really want to visit!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pam82trip
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2012

This is a wonderful small and personal hotel. Run by Ian and Graham it is spotlessly clean, each room is different and beautifully decorated, the bed and pillows very comfortable. The owners are very welcoming and they and their staff are very helpful, making for a lovely atmosphere. Breakfast is exceptional. I would thoroughly recommend, and if I ever go back to Blackpool would most certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Crumblepie870
Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My partner and i have just arrived home after a weekend in this fabulous Hotel.
What a wonderful experience it was.
We managed to get the last room in this hotel and glad we did.
Graham and Ian were most welcoming from the start, Breakfast was delicious, on the Sunday we had lunch which was enormous and very reasonable.
Special mention to Philip ( the Barman), what a treasure, he made us feel so at home.
So next time we go to Blackpool We will not book anywhere else, we will go straight to Raffles.
Thanks again to all , Crawford and Ann wish you well. xx

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ann m
AtlantisMediaUK, Public Relations Manager at Raffles Hotel, responded to this review, 26 September 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review. We are so glad to hear you had a great stay with us and we look frward to your next vist.