“unforgettable”

Ranked #64 of 858 Blackpool B&B and Inns
cleveland
“unforgettable”
Reviewed 26 October 2009

first time we have stayed at this hotel but once you have you wont want to go to another. the friedly service and home comforts take some beating. not a fault was found it suited so both 110% well done to all who help run it all all your hard work pays off

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
millom
Reviewed 3 October 2009

just stayed for 5 days with my family and the staff were very friendly and good at there job i dont think i would stay anywhere else in blackpool except there it made our hoiliday and my 3yr old wanted to move there forever lol brillant with kids

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
lanarkshire
Reviewed 29 September 2009

Stayed here over the Glasgow September W'end, had such a wonderful time, never stopped laughing from when we arrived to when we left, all the staff are gems and nothing is out the way Rooms are tastefuly decorated and our suite was like an apartment. Would recommend this hotel to anyone, atmosphere was friendly, food delightful and staff amazing, would go back again and again, keep up the good work and see you all soon

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Jarrow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2009

I'm a competative dancer and have to go to Blackpool at least twice per year (not through choice i might add). Blackpool scores very low on my list of places to go in England and i certainly wouldn't ever choose to stay there so as you can imagine, i'm already critical before i've even started however; i was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. I stayed here for 3 nights in all and can honestly say that i would have been comfortable to stay longer. I'll get the bad out the way first as there isnt really much to say on that score.

Room walls are very thin and we were woken several times by laet night revellers and they certainly weret considerate when slamming doors. Please for gods sake, make sure that you close doors quietly at night because it doesn't take a genius to figure that people will be sleeping!!!! Why are people so inconsiderate? It baffles me. I'm even quiet through the day in case someone is napping... anyway, i digress...

The window was small and a bit damp so we had this open most of the time and it was a bit noisy outside although we were on top floor so it wasn't so bad.

My final complaint is that the staff move you cars to acomodate them all in the small area they have to offer parking which is fine in itself however; it does nothing to elay your panic when you return one night to find your car gone!!! I spoke to the desk who said that it would have been moved to another sister hotel as they had more room. The guy went outside and pointed it out and asked if that was my car. It was and it had been moved across the road. I didn't authorise this so essentially for insurance purposes, my car had been driven on a public road with an uninsured driver at the helm which infuriated me.

My final small whinge is about the staff actually. They were lovely all-in-all, especially the older lady in the restaurant, she was so nice and helpful, we tipped her bit time and she was so grateful, bless her. The tall chef was also nice but the guy with the beard and the big, tanned, camp guy were a little too much to bear for me. They made inappropriate comments toward me and my partner which i found unacceptable. I didnt take this further as i felt this was an isolated incident because the rest of the staff were really lovely and i wouldnt want to tarnish the rest of them and besides, it was my last night but my partner was staying on without me as i had to return home for work the next day, as you can imagine, i was unsettled about him staying there on his own alhtough he can handle himself aptly, it just left a sour taste in my mouth and if it wasn't for that, it would have scored much higher.

OK, good things:

Bar was lovely with nice firplace which is great in colder months. Staying in the hotel is like being in the middle of an episode of Coronation Street which we found endlessly entertaining.

The drinks are cheap and Blackpool centre is a 10 minute walk down the road. For canding purposes, the Winter Gardens and Blackpool Tower are even nearer so good from that point.

Like is say, really lovely, friendly staff (stepping aside from 'that' incident) and food is all homemade and cheap as chips!!!

Nice view of tower from front of hotel if you're lucky enough to get a room at the front.

Room was well decorated in african tribal style. Nice touches here and there. TV worked, bathroom funtioned properly and was clean and towels provided. The stairwells have doors seperating them which i imagine is to reduce noise through the hotel which works if the noise is on the other side of them, of coursre.

Breakfast included and was pleasant and plentiful. Chef was accomodating as i dont like sausage so he gave me extra eggs and bacon instead. It's actually one of the nicest of these little hotel/B&B things that are all over Blackpool. I've only stayed in one other which was fully vile by comparrison but i've managed to get a glimpse of freinds' hotels and i can honestly say that this is one of the best if not THE best, seriously!

Room was cheap, can't remember how much we paid but i remember being surprised at the value and no surprises. Room service isnt really avaiable as such but the nicer of the staff are usually willing to carry bags, bring food/drink or do most mild to-ing and fro-ing for you.

Parking is included and free however, as before, this is a bone of contention for me. I don't like people driving my car without my permission and they park them extremely close together!!! My advice would be to watch this being done to ensure no bumps or scrapes happen which you only discover later on and can't prove. Nothing happened like this to me i have to say, the guy who parks the cars has an uncanny knack of parking cars wafer-distance apart without any obvious signs of difficulty but i was still very careful to supervise this being done.

Overall, it's a good place to stay and you won't be dissappointed by the hotel itself.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 10 August 2009

This was our second stay at the wonderful Raffles Hotel. We would not stay anywhere else in Blackpool. The owners and all the staff are the nicest people you could hope to meet and you are made to feel so welcome as soon as you arrive, from check in and your luggage being taken to your room to phoning a taxi when you sadly have to leave. (Believe me you will be very sad to leave this place).

The rooms are tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean, as is everywhere in this wonderful hotel. The rooms are made up, cleaned and tidied and the towels are changed every day. It made it a joy to come home to every evening. We found our every need was catered for; great hot shower, hairdryer, shower gel, shower caps, shampoo, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits, flat screen TV, etc and the breakfasts are the very best we have ever had and well worth getting up for. Everything was piping hot and fresh and of the very finest quality. We usually ended up having our lunch and evening meal there too, as we knew we were never going to find anywhere in Blackpool as good and of the same quality. We had curry on the last night, which would rival any Indian Restaurant in Edinburgh. The prices are very reasonable; for stay, food and drinks at the lovely bar served in crystal glasses. The atmosphere of the whole place is second to none. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family and we can't wait to return next year. The coffee, sandwiches, selection of home made cakes and scones served at lunch-time are wonderful. I am missing them already. A true slice of heaven on earth.

Keep up the good work guys. We miss you and Raffles already and can't wait to return next year.
Frances & Iain (Edinburgh)

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Durham
Reviewed 19 May 2009

We had reduced our choice of accomodation to 3 options in Blackpool...we were so pleased this was our final choice...Before we got out of the car (which was parked free of charge outside the hotel door!) we were greeted by the lovely Andrew who checked us in and carried our bags to our very tastefull oriental themed room!
The attention to detail was wonderful, the room immaculate...
Breakfast was fantastic...all freshly cooked with many options! After breakfast we finished coffee in the home from home lounge and read the daily papers.
After a long day we headed back, where Andrew kindly ordered us a takeaway and set a table for us...this guy could not do enough to help....
Phil the barman is an asset to the hotel...anyone who has been would have to agree...
If you are thinking of giving Blackpool a try....dont look anywhere else to stay...
Thank you boys for making us feel so so looked after...xx

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CheekyMonkey25
Wakefield
Reviewed 2 January 2009

Four of us spent the new year break at Raffles and we could not wished for a better place. This hotel ticks every box possible with a 5 star rating. Graham and Ian are the perfect hosts as nothing is any trouble to them, and cannot do enough for you to make sure you enjoy your stay. This hotel is impeccable in cleanliness and quality taste throughout with furnishings and fittings. The bedrooms are superb and my husband and I were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite. This was pure luxury. The breakfasts are the best we have had in any hotel around the world and the Tea Rooms are a delight. John the barman made you not want to leave the bar as his humor was brill. This hotel has to be tried to be believed. Perfect location for all amenities with everything within easy walking distance. We will go back the first opportunity we get this year.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank WakefieldYorkies