All reviewslovely tea roomhornby roadupgraded to a suitesmall hotelwonderful hotelfull english breakfastfriendly hotelfree car parkinghome from homeevery morningthree nightsgreat hostsbreakfast was amazingan overnight staygreat weekendwouldn't stay anywhere elseb bs
Reviewed 17 September 2017

Family get together - very warm, welcoming and great hosts!. Convenient location with (limited) parking. Very clean and appointed, nice bar area - fabulous breakfast choice served in a nice and airy room. Happy to recommend!.

Stayed: January 2017
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed 3 September 2017

stayed for two nights with my sister 31st august 2017 room was nice but a bit on the small size decor and cleanliness very good as was the hosts and food and service the only negative was other guests coming down to breakfast in pjamas found it a bit off putting when we were eating our breakfast other than that a nice stay

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank cheeky54
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

Spent five nights here with family young & old & could not fault it. Exceptionally clean, beautiful breakfasts, very accommodating & friendly hosts. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Blackpool now & will definitely recommend to all my family & friends.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicola W
Reviewed 9 August 2017

It is with great pleasure that I can offer a review of Raffles HoteL, Hornby Road, Blackpool.
Having visited Blackpool every year since I was two, I have stayed in the most sumptious, and the absolute gross, of the accommodation on offer. Always had a good time, though.
My mother always said that those who disparage Blackpool are too mean to spend the money to go. I believe she was right. Typical of the northern seaside town experience, I believe everyone, especially every child, should visit Blackpool at least once in their life. Yes, it is a playground for "stags and hens" but someone has to make money from this "spending crowd" and it might as well be Blackpool.
So, The Raffles Hotel. Best hosts ever, both owners and bar staff (Hi, John). Spotless hotel, spotless bedrooms. Absolutely everything that you would ever need is supplied. Plenty of coathangers (this reviewer's prime bugbear). Very comfortable beds and pillows. Lots of options on tea trays. Lovely seating area at the bar to enjoy drinks in comfort whilst watching the hours speed by - whilst consuming your body weight in complimentary toffees.
Breakfast was delicious with "real sausages" (another bugbear) which are rarely seen anywhere in seaside Britain, regardless of size and star rating. I sleep with the use of a CPAP machine which leaves "tyre tracks" from the mask on my face for a few hours every morning, hence I rarely attend breakfast. I was surprised, and delighted, when my husband was given a full breakfast to take to me - accompanied by a single rose (from the hotel - not my husband). I have never been afforded such a lovely gesture at any time, anywhere. Three marvellous breakfasts and I was totally in love with this hotel and its owners/staff.
I am reluctant to continue with a positive review as, selfishly, I would like to keep this a big secret for family and friends. I truly think that if every hotel in Blackpool offered a similar staying experience, business would triple.
There is a tearoom attached to the hotel which is run as an addition to the hotel as a separate business, I believe. A lovely lunch and early dinner experience without having to run out and find somewhere to grab a bite. Absolutely spotless and decorated with taste. Everything is seved completely fresh and, honestly, so, so good. Don't miss this.....and try the burgers!
Hope this helps all visitors to the Fylde Coast. Looking forward to the illuminations!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and decorated individually with disabled options.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
6  Thank lynnkthomson
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were here for a dance competition, previously stayed at other places, however most very small for four ladies.
Suite 1 was fabulous for us, one bedroom, nice bathroom and two double sofa beds in the lounge area.
Very clean throughout the hotel. Nice fresh towels.
Breakfast hearty and plentiful.
Bar area nice and cosy.
Overall an excellent stay.
Only one comment that could help improve and purely a suggestion - blinds in lounge don't block out all light, so might be nice to have some form of blackouts. Although this did not alter our wonderful experience, great place, great hosts. Thank you

Room Tip: Suites were spacious and very clean
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family