“great food terrible service”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese
Description: best chinese food ever
Description: best chinese food ever
Warton, United Kingdom
“great food terrible service”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I travel 10 miles to get my Chinese from them, so that tells you something about the food, doesn't it? My partner and I both really enjoy the food there. It's very tasty and full of flavour, the portions are good and there is always enough meat/prawns/veg in it, not just floods of sauce like in some other Chinese take aways. It's not too expensive either.
Now the negatives: communication is very difficult. Few weeks ago I made an order on the phone and went to collect it. I tried to give them dish numbers as they appear on their board, but they didn't want it, just asked me what I wanted. I had to repeat and explain things over and over again. Good job I checked it when I went there, because there was a mix up.
Last Monday I was in Bispham at 5, so I thought "what a perfect occasion to have my Chinese without the traveling" . Went there just after 5. Closed. No information whatsoever about opening times, also nothing could be find on the internet, other than somebody's answer that it's apparently closed on Sunday. Tried ringing about 20 times. No answer. So I though they probably open at 5:30. Wasted half an hour and at 5:35 went to the shop next door just to find out they're closed on Mondays! I was furious! I wasted over half an hour just because they can't put a simple note on the door with the opening times.
Overall, great food, but be prepared for some hiccups before you get a chance to taste it.

• Visited June 2013