“Very disappointed”
Review of Flying Handbag

Flying Handbag
Ranked #9 of 96 Nightlife in Blackpool
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Went into the bag over Blackpool Pride wknd and it was disgusting. The toilets were flooded for the 4hrs we were there, no loo roll, sinks were over flowing and the smell was horrid. It was that bad that we went out down to kaos to use their loos!! Very disappointing and gave the blackpool gay scene a very dirty reputation.

2  Thank Helen H
There are newer reviews for Flying Handbag

Reviewed 20 June 2014

the Drag DJ was fab and very friendly
door staff were friendly
overall good atmosphere, drink prices reasonable and music a good mix

Reviewed 18 June 2014

came down to blackpool on 13th june for pride on the 14th and spending fri and sat nite in the flying handbag, i have to say it was a great night on both nights, mobbed on both nights and dj carmen was wonderful on both nights keeping the music and banter flowing all night, will definately be returning to the handbag on my next visit down to blackpool

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Reading some of the reviews all we can say is that we have never had any problems with any of the staff, always had a fantastic time in this venue even if its for only a drink or for a night out, Carmen and Pudsey and all the staff have always treated us with respect. Yes the toilets arent the best but find me a bar anywhere in Blackpool that has clean loos late at night.been last weekend for the gay pride and had a fantastic time both the flying handbag and kaos did a fantastic job well done to them all.All best for the future events.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Went out for a birthday last week and decided to go into the handbag for the first time after funny girls (which was very enjoyable and entertaining with lovely bar staff). My first impressions were that the décor looked drab to say the least, and in serious need of refurbishment (nothing like the picture). I sat down at the bar to wait for my friends who were chatting outside. The bar man approached me and asked me what I wanted. I said I didn't know as I'd never been in before and had literally just sat down. He then proceeded to tell me that I "better had choose then", so I ordered a glass of rose thinking it was a safe bet. The glass had smudge marks around the top and the wine was warm, no doubt because the fridges behind the bar were clearly broken. The wine tasted off and I informed the bar man of this to which he replied "sorry the fridges aren't working" and walked away, with no offer of a refund or exchange. The toilets in the establishment were disgusting, there was no loo roll but luckily I had some tissues in my bag. I will not be recommending this bar to my friends and family, there are plenty of other gay bars in Blackpool with far better standards.

2  Thank Helen T