“Excellent”
Review of Blackpool FC Hotel

Blackpool FC Hotel
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I come to Blackpool at least once a month for business and I have stayed in pretty much all the hotels around. I never even knew of the hotel at 'BFC' but I can tell you now I am over the moon with the find.

From the moment I walked in I was greeted by a lovely gentlemen, George. He took my bags and escorted me upstairs where the reception staff were extremely helpful and could not do enough for me. I was taken to my room which was beautifully decorated with all new furniture, it had a big flat screen tv. robes toiletries and everything you would expect in a top London hotel.

I ate in the hotel restaurant which was as good as any restaurant I have eaten at in the area

The faculties were excellent. There was a fully equpit gym which I used before a great breakfast again in the hotel restaurant, Rowleys.

This hotel is a must visit for anyone staying in Blackpool. I will definitely be back !! The hotel was excellent. The staff couldn't do enough and the price was more than reasonable!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Samsmith101

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Having stayed in numerous 4 and 5 star hotels, I do no think this hotel was a 4 star. The little 4 star touches were not there. There is no point in paying extra to stay at this hotel when you can stay across the road at the Travelodge for a cheaper price and still have the same view of Bloomfield Road. If the main attraction is being part of the football club, then all the rooms should overlook the pitch.
-No glasses in the room (plastic disposable cups)
-No free slippers in room
-Rude note on the tea tray stating mugs cost £5 if taken (Say it all about people staying at the hotel)
-Cracked tiles on the bathroom floor
-Tiny bottles of shampoo and shower gel
-Receptionist on check out was rude
-Bar shut at 11pm so no where to sit and have a drink
-Noisey breakfast area with families talking very loudly to each other
-Smart TV which has wooden box round it affecting the sound quality
We will not be booking again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed here on a business trip while visiting a local medical supplier. I don't know a huge amount of football therefore this wouldn't have been my choice of hotel. However I am so pleased we were booked into here. We were greeted at the entrance by the concierge. The reception staff on check in and check out were very pleasant. The room was large with a comfortable bed. TV and tea making facilities with the added touch of delicious biscuits. Bathroom supplied with complimentary toiletries and lovely fluffy towels. I can't fault the cleanliness of the room. We ate in the restaurant overlooking the football stadium which was lovely. Food was very good with a good choice of food with a bit of a twist. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice and good portions. I would stay here again if visiting Blackpool as the whole experience was brilliant

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tomnat11
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We got married at Festival House and chose to go to this hotel for a meal at Rowleys following the wedding and then stayed over in an Executive Room facing the pitch. the meal was fantastic and the staff very attentive. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing the pitch and we could even see the Tower. the room was great with a big bed, tv on the wall and drinks making facilities. We paid an extra £5 each to have breakfast in our room the next day and it was definitely worth it. the staff were all lovely and we were so glad we chose this hotel as it finished off our wedding day perfectly.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

On a business trip for two nights. After a long drive from Redditch I arrived at 9:15pm tired and hungry. The young lady on reception was smiling and very helpful. After checking my room I went to Rowleys restaurant for food, which was very nice.
The next evening I had some proper time to check out my room and the restaurant. The room was very spacious with a large plasma on the wall, tea/coffee making with two mugs, plenty of electric points to plug all my devices plus a nice view, not of the tower unfortunately. The decoe was very nice and clean, not orange .... The best hotel room I have ever had.
The restaurant had a varied, a little expensive, menu that took a while to choose from. After I chose the "Atomic burger" I checked out the view of the Blackpool FC stadium, the other side of the windows. I could even open the door and stand in the stadium. From that spot I videoed the stadium and noticed in the background the top of the Blackpool tower.
While I was at the hotel all the staff were very polite, helpful, cheerful and willing to answer all my questions.
All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Blackpool FC hotel and if I am in Blackpool again that is where I will stay.
Thanks to everybody for my enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed her 01st March for 1 night with my boyfriend as we booked it to be close to the Tower, for a Salsa event that was on. Parking is very limited but we managed to find a space. As soon as you was through the door, the concierge guy was straight away asking us to take our bags. The reception is on the second floor and very small but boutique style. It was quick and efficient, with just paying straight away and given info about breakfast. The room was lovely and spacious and the bathroom was lovely too. Th view was just Blackpool roads you cannot complain about that unless you pay for the pitch view...which for one night we was not bothered as we was out dancing until 2 am!! The beds are very comfortable!! Breakfast had so much choice, from full english to continental and cereals. Plenty of tea and coffee and this has a view of the pitch. We paid £92 total for 2 ppl 1 night for a 4* standard and we walked away happy with this and wouldn't fault it. We will definitely stay here again for the next Tower event as it was only 5 mins in a taxi less than a £5!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StaceyHibbert
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here on 15 March 2013. Im not a Blackpool fan but as my partner is and coming back from Dubai, it was a special treat for her.

Absolutley fantatstic stay. Could not fault it. Even though Ive no affinity to BFC, it was special looking out of the pitch and the room was of an exceptionally high standard. The staff I encounted were friendly and warm and simply as a hotel, it was spot on.

If I was being extra extra picky, I didnt see (or find) any brew making facilities but given the high standard of everything else, it made no odds to us.

We will be back. (As long as the room is facing the pitch!)

Room Tip: I dont know what the non-facing pitch rooms are like but the view will be of a travelodge, so Id rec...