“Great Stay”
Review of Blackpool FC Hotel

Blackpool FC Hotel
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Blackpool
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just come back from a great stay at this hotel, very comfortable rooms, pleasant staff, the breakfast was good just we did not like the sausages they served but only a small point plus a really good meal in Rowleys

Room Tip: a pitch side room is the room to have
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2014

stayed here for a night with family and had dinner & breakfast there...
the staff were fabulous really attentive to our needs , really cant express how much they went to serve our needs . Again hats off to the staff (not kiss me quick hats !) we eat inn the restaurant that evening and the food was exemplary and service spot on.. the rooms were excellent and very clean also ..however got to say ... the chandelier in the stair case was crooked (he he) .. (make sure its straight next time i come back).

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

My first impression of Blackpool FC Hotel was overwhelmingly positive. To be honest I wasn't expecting much - so when I arrived and there was a concierge to take my bags and the reception staff was welcoming and amazing, and I managed to get booked in for the spa that same evening I felt like I was in heaven.

The rooms were modern and immaculate and the staff on the first 2 days that I stayed couldn't do enough. I got to eat dinner looking out at the Blackpool FC pitch. And the WIFI was excellent and accessible from almost anywhere in the hotel.

In fact, had I not stayed an extra night I would probably have given an even higher rating.

A few things marred the experience though. Firstly, breakfast doesn't start being served until 7:30am in the week. That's very late if you are staying there for business which I was. It's also not a buffet. You have to order. And it took absolutely ages almost making me late.

Dinner on the first night was abysmal. My pate came with cremated toast which I had to send back. And my duck with mash was as dry as the Sahara. Really disappointing. I was actually shocked that the chef served both meals as they were. The second night was better - but unremarkable. That having been said the wait staff were exceptional despite the food. Very attentive and even brought me dessert on the second night to my room.

Saturday morning however was an entirely different scenario. Gone was the relaxation of the week days. The lovely reception staff were replaced with 2 of the most lackadaisical young men I ever had the displeasure of meeting who were overwhelmed and clearly wanted to do the bare minimum. On all the days that I was there the lovely reception staff called me a taxi happily. When I was checking out I got a very dismissive "You can call one yourself downstairs" - Really? I was stunned after all the good treatment I had received during the week.

Overall a good experience and I would stay here again - but not on a business trip. Also not sure that I would give the restaurant my custom again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dana J
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed here with my husband and our sons age 3 and 9. Would definitely recommend the hotel. Good location as only took 5-10 mins slow walk to beach front.
Hotel room was big as we had a family room and spotless clean. Had hair dryer , kettle, iron and iron board in room.
Greeted at main entrance and bags were kindly carried to room.
King size bed in room and kids sofa bed was already made up.
Bath and shower in room.
Room was lovely overlooking the stadium.
Breakfast was nice with a great selection. Bar is lovely.
Customer service was 100% at all time.
Would definitely return there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank eddie456
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A fabulous hotel, beautifully clean and pleasant surroundings. The staff, from the concierge, the reception, the restaurant staff everyone were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The whole experience was thoroughly enjoyable and we would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank feenus1
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The looks and noises from my nephew and his cousin confirmed I'd made a great choice in the hotel. Luckily it was a pitch view right across the BFC side. Only a 5 mins walk from the south station. Nice welcome from reception. Our room, 338, on the 3rd floor had 2 single and a sofa bed set up. No problem sleeping, so comfy beds. Big LCD tv, remote is set as basic usage, brew stuff, slippers and dressing gown and en suite with a bath. Only had a cooked breakfast, which was really good, due to a rush to get to pleasure beach,. I'm fussy about black pudding, it has to be well cooked and this tasted great. Shame the glass door to the balcony seats were locked. Overall a great stay and we should have booked 2 nights for the weekend.

Room Tip: Looks like the even numbers are the pitch view rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lee69
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed the first time shortly after it opened and were very impressed so decided to give it another go . Glad to say its standards have been maintained
Receptionists welcoming , we had paid a bit extra for a room overlooking the pitch as it is a really impresive view , particularly when you draw back the curtains in the morning. I was surprised at how good the pitch looked , congratulations to the ground staff.
Grandson had a comfortable sofa bed and we had king size double, everything worked well and you have all the bits and pieces which you would expect in a first class hotel e.g toiletries, slippers, tea making facilities. Room clean and tidy and in good nick.
Breakfast in the morning was a buffet with a good selection , all nicely cooked and hot . Tea/coffee served by staff.
Check out efficient. Child friendly but also for business guests and rooms well sound proofed.
Car parking is limited but you can use the carpark of the Travelodge opposite if you come back late.
Grandson ( although sadly a Man U fan , I am Preston N.E. fan ) regards it as his best hotel which given we have stayed at quite a number incl 5 star hotels is a good endorsement

Room Tip: Get a room overloking then pitch
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family