“Daytrip to Blackpool 05/07/2014”
Review of The Eating Inn

The Eating Inn
Ranked #26 of 753 Restaurants in Blackpool
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visit Blackpool yearly, either for a long weekend or a day and always eat in this restaurant. I struggle to recall ever having a bad meal or bad service here over the last 8-10 years. On this occasion 4 of us were eating, we had a sirloin steak (medium), fish and chips, bbq ribs and a chicken kiev. All meals were excellent and the sirloin steak was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. There was plenty on the plate and the food could not be faulted. I could have done with an extra teabag in the huge pot of tea, but I'm really splitting hairs there ! Desserts were also excellent and I can highly recommend the pavlova ! All this with excellent service too ! Well done guys

1  Thank Dawn P
There are newer reviews for The Eating Inn

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had just had to cancel a meal from the restaurant next door as we had waited over an hour and a half for our Starters, when we explained to a lady who had greeted us, that we needed something without a huge delay as my daughter was starving at this point, she automatically pulled a table up for us although it was extremely busy and brought out garlic bread for my daughter. We then ordered our food which was great value for money, the portions were great for the price. The service was amazing, such a hardworking organisation. Thanks to these, our night was not completely ruined. Definitely recommend. We even returned the following day for lunch.

1  Thank Rhianna1204
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We arrived quite late at the restaurant (8.30) but was given such a warm welcome. The starters were amazing (wife had home made stuffed mushrooms, i had king prawns) Both of us had the home cooked beer batter fish which was very nice. We didn't have desert as the starter and main was more than enough! Children's menu had plenty to choose from. My daughter had Spaghetti Bolognese which was home made and plentiful. Even though we was late arriving at no time were we rushed to leave which made for a very relaxing evening. Highly recommended.

1  Thank ShaunDawnKent
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Dined here with hubby, my mum and dad. The food was amazing! We hadn't eaten all day and it certainly was well worth the wait! We had steak platter which was fab and i had delicious homemade mushrooms to start. Everyone enjoyed their meals and service was also good. My husband loved his footlong eclair!

1  Thank Margaret C
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked a table for 9 for a family celebration meal Sunday lunch time, following reviews on Trip Advisor. There are many places to eat in Blackpool, but there are very few that have the right balance of good quality, well cooked food, excellent service and great value for money.

The menu is varied with a good selection of starters mains and desserts. There is an extensive children's menu available, which is also of excellent quality. Service by the very pleasant and efficient waiting - on staff is also very good, with nothing too much trouble and whilst there were 9 of us, including 3 children, we didn't wait very long for all of us to receive our meals. I had steak which was cooked to perfection, but the gammon and fish & chips also come highly recommended from others within the party. Look out for the homemade desserts, they are superb, in particular, the very large chocolate eclair.

By the way, they also serve a decent pint!

You may not see The Eating Inn as you walk along the prom at South Shore, as it is set back a little, but look out for it (it's near McDonalds), I highly recommend it!

1  Thank tonytommo