“Lovely place, lovely people!”
Review of The Eating Inn

The Eating Inn
Ranked #24 of 738 Restaurants in Blackpool
Price range: US$9 - US$28
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Lovely place, lovely people!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

A gem in the middle of the chip shops and burger bars. Proper food served by warm and friendly people.

“Definitely Eating Inn!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Winding our way back from a four hour walk along the beachfront & looking for a bite to eat before hitting our hotel we spied a small yet busy eaterie whereupon we decided to rest our weary feet & succumb to some nosh!
If you're expecting Michelin star food don't bother however if you're after excellent food at very reasonable prices with attentive but not over attentive staff,then I have pleasure in introducing you to 'The Eating Inn'
Definitely Eating Inn as averse to eating out I would say.
If only I'd had room for a foot long éclair!!!!

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Gem of a restaurant”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Visited the The Eating Inn on the south shore prom on a Sunday afternoon staff were very polite and food and service was second to none Steak was amazing, excellent meal had by all definitively worth a visit and we will be back again.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous food! ”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this restaurant after a day at the pleasure beach. The service was excellent, the food came quickly and was absolutely gorgeous! In our party we ordered fillet steak, which melted in your mouth, salmon which crumbled on your fork and fish and chips where fresh as the day they were caught at a fraction of the price we would pay in Manchester. Highly recommend!

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Not the best”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Visited after reading reviews on TA and have to say this is the first time TA have let me down. It was a lovely sunny day so my wife and I sat outside the restaurant and I have to say we didn't venture inside at all so no comments about that. We had a drink first, someone mentioned on here that "they serve a lovely pint". The only draft seemed to be Carlsberg lager with the rest of the beers coming out of a can. The lager wasn't cool enough, although it was a very hot day.
We ordered fillet steaks which at £15 seemed good value for an 8oz steak. Both steaks were ordered as medium. When the steaks arrived mine seemed smaller than my wife's and it was more medium to well than medium. My wife's steak was cooked as ordered and she enjoyed hers. Mine was served with a small jacket potato and peas. I had declined the mushrooms and tomato that would normally have come with the steak. I also ordered peppercorn sauce at £1.95. The sauce was OK nothing special and we were informed that the tomato was uncooked and not grilled as usual for this type of meal. My wife had salad with her steak and this can only be described as average.
All in all the meal was I suppose what you could expect for the price. There was nothing here that would make me wish to return and I was disappointed after reading such glowing reviews here. Maybe they were having an off day as some restaurants do but we will not be returning to find out.
The waitress was pleasant and attentive and the meal was delivered without much of a wait but the quality left me wishing we had gone elsewhere for our meal.

1 Thank Turfite