“Good Value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
North Parade Guest House
Ranked #819 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 November 2012

In Summary:
- Good value
- Central location (walking distance from BPL North)
- Very friendly staff
- Quiet room (requested)

I really think some of the negative reviews of this hotel are going too far. Yes it's not the Ritz, but what are people expecting for £20pp per night, with an ensuite room and a very central location?

We asked for a quiet room on arrival, and we got one. We were not disturbed by any noise throughout our stay, even though the hotel appeared to be pretty full.

The room, although not huge was perfectly adequate, and for an ensuite was good value. This is an ideal location for all central Blackpool attractions, and perfect for bars nightclubs etc. It is also in very easy walking distance of Blackpool North train station.

Breakfast was good. One of the things I really liked about this hotel were the staff who were very friendly and the service was commendable - and it's not often you can say that in today's world!

Overall - cheap and cheerful!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2012

my oh my!! where to begin...
me and my partner decided to have a weekend in blackpool to see the lights, but as this was a last minute decision, most hotels/guest houses were fully booked on laterooms.com, however this so called guest house had rooms available and charged £80 for 2nights b+b.
i checked the reviews, and although not great, the biggest problem seemed to be noise, but we thought to ourselves, `well it is blackpool` and made the booking (latest reviews made since we booked) what a mistake.....
on arrival, after paying to park the car miles away, we went to reception to check in, the lad who checked us in was very friendly and asked us where we came from and did we have a good journey etc, and if we have any problems, just see him or the manager fernando, all good so far....he gave us our key after i had paid £80 cash to room 22, and politely said, smoking is allowed in the rooms, but if we were going to smoke weed to smoke it outside as it sets off the alarms!! this set off the alarm in my head!!
the room was at the top of the building, so we trudged up several flights of stairs with our bags, and found our room, door already ajar, when i went in i couldnt believe it.....
it stank of urine, the bed was made with a mix of bedding, 2 odd towels on bed, one had black stains on, the other had what looked like blood stains on, a wardrobe that was just a shell, no doors and several hangers that were just laying on the bottom not even hanging, i went into the bathroom and the shower tray had a big stain or discolourment, there was only one curtain, the mirror on the wall had a toothpick sticking where a screw should of been, and to top it all off, we had no light in the room, it was just bare wires with the fitments and shade sat on the window sill.....
me and my mrs just looked at eachother and laughed, otherwise we could of cried!! she said `what have you brought me to??` i felt i had let her down..
we went to the pub next door, and i told her i was going to have it out with the manager, i was fuming with anger!! but being the calmer one, she said it would be best if she went and saw him, which she did, although im sure a police cell would of been better had i of gone lol...
in fairness, he offered no excuse, and said he would give us our money back, or if we stayed he would move us to another room the next day, as he was in the process of refurbishment.....
we went onto the seafront and found a hotel (the ocean hotel) that had 1 double room left for £120 and booked it..
we returned to get our bags and money and left........
avoid........avoid........avoid........avoid.......avoid.......avoid.......avoid........avoid.......avoid.......avoid..

Room Tip: any room in a different guest house
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank andynoel
Reviewed 28 September 2012

The hotel is basically a dump. Its dated ans dirty and probably was brilliant 40 years ago. I was nervous after reading all the reviews but thought it might be ok it is probably the worst hotel ive ever stayed in. After 1 nitght my friends room had red bugs in the bed the next morning and the heating was on full blast all night and wouldnt turn off we checked out. I agree this hotel needs closing down its just filthy. i could cope with dated but dirty is just not what you expect in a hotel even if it is cheap. If you are staying here you will be disapponted.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gemma T
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Bookin into North West Geust House ? Checked into Firegrove Hotel..tool a bit to find as..But the same address..,Rated as 4 star...Please..Besides Haveing..a dirty room cold two windows broke Plus was raining and cold..no heat..shower water freezing...the bed was two peace hard board..am not goin to go on ,,,The pictures..may tell the story..ONLY.for the mattress which was a bag of srings..AND when ligth came I cryed...never spent the next day in Blackpool came home felt like been in world war three...after a nigth at this place ...are socks were full dod hairs.AND IT STATES NO ANIMALS ...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Having booked a party of 8 in to this hotel we was reluctant after reading reviews from the moment we arrived outside the hotel it was clear it was a slum we asked to look at the rooms b4 we paid we was given keys the rooms were slums we checked 2 rooms they were dingy filthy the beds were made of ply wood the bedding was filthy the mattress stained the tiny bathroom
Was disgusting dried pee on the seat we was in the rooms 5 minutes and one of are party was bit we asked for the rooms to be cleaned the man was arrogant and said they was not dirty we all agreed the hotel was not 4 us and all r party left we was lucky enough to get rooms in the manhattan and what a difference polite clean perfect I'm no snob but the north parade needs closing down or burning down the hills have eyes is the only way to describe it if u book this hotel u must b mad ....... Kerry Nottinghamshire

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Kfitt14
Reviewed 17 September 2012

It's a real dive. We went up on the 17th August for a birthday weekend, two of the 9 of us had to go home early after waking up in a rash, they found bedbugs in their bed.

I got woke up one night from a slap off the girlfriend and a scream of 'BEDBUGS ARE ALL OVER YOU!' Lovely... We changed rooms only to find them again, before going in 'Red' room which was okay. To be fair to the owner Fernando he paid for my girlfriends hair extensions as they had to be threw away because of the bed bugs and he gave us some free drinks at the bar, the only positive of our stay. The breakfast was okay.

Half of the telly's and radiatiors don't work, the rooms look terrible too. Don't bother.

Room Tip: Don't go in rooms 4 or 5. Request the 'Red' room, it's huge and cleaner than most.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stoneystag4eva
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I don't expect much from this hotel all I expected was a clean bedroom to come back to after a night out. The beds, cups and the room was dirty. We was only in the bed for 45 minutes when I was bitten after checking the bed you could see bed bugs crawling my 11 year old who sharing a room in a separate bed with me and my husband had bites all over her! We had a second room in the hotel where my 18 year old and 17 year old sons shared. I went to their room to check them and they were in bed I got them out and my sons had bed bugs on them. We had to leave that night and find alternant accommodation this was after 00:30 hours fortunately we found somewhere else.This hotel was dirty and bed bugs is not something I would expect from a hotel we would not use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family