“Disappointing”

Derby Supper Bar
Ranked #160 of 770 Restaurants in Blackpool
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I must confess that the service in the Derby Supper Bar was good, speedy and friendly and the meal when it came had been freshly cooked.

However, the quality of the chips was poor, thin potato chips, just like French fries and seemingly frozen rather than fresh chipped potatoes. In addition the fish had plenty of batter but not too much fish inside it ... but the mushy peas were very nice, which was just as well in view of the other two offerings. In view of other reviews it makes me wonder whether the restaurant has changed hands.

My friend and I were really hungry so it was a great disappointment to have this poor fare served up and we left the place still feeling hungry. It was a most disappointing experience and I will definitely not be calling again nor recommending it to others.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We came across the Derby by accident on a rainy Saturday evening when looking for a quick, hot, tasty meal! Great p, speedy service, great prices and delicious fish cakes!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Just been to the Derby fish and chip shop in Dickson road, Blackpool
Excellent Fish and Chips. Plenty of choice. Friendly staff
Only down side needs updating a bit

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

My family and I were looking for somewhere quiet, cheap and cheerful to eat on a Sunday night so decided to eat here. I was staying at the Merginn Hotel round the corner an had noticed it a couple of days earlier so thought we would try it out. We arrived about 6pm and they were just closing the restaurant area which seemed a bit early as they were open till 9pm however they told us we could still eat in, to take a seat and they would take our order.
We all decided what we wanted but as I normally tend to find that I'm given far too many chips which tend to be floppy and greasy I suggested that instead of the little one having kids scampi and chips, she should get adult scampi (12 pieces instead of 4 I think and saved us 40p in the process) and we share my chips. When the food arrived it looked amazing with good sized portions. My chicken nuggets were battered beautifully and the little one's scampi were breaded just how we both like them! On trying the chips they were absolutely gorgeous and the best chips ever so I was gutted I suggested we share them!!
For 3 adult meals, an adult scampi, a juice, 1 tea and 1 coffee it cost us just over £15 which was a bargain!! What we did find very expensive was ketchup at 16p so we did without (we think 5p in McDonalds is expensive!)!
We will definitely visit again if we're ever in Blackpool!

Reviewed 13 July 2013

I'd never had food from here until recently because it looked a bit tired and grubby on the outside. However I am absolutely over the moon with the food from there. Everybody in my family loves the chips and the fish is lovely too. I don't know what they do to the chips but they taste like they used to when I was little.