“take the ranking with a pinch of salt”
Review of Ambrosini's

Ambrosini's
Ranked #3 of 738 Restaurants in Blackpool
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Peel, United Kingdom
“take the ranking with a pinch of salt”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I am surprised that it gets the top Italian ranking with Tripadvisor. That is no doubt down to their algorithm. You definitely need to book as there are only 6 tables. It is remote out of town (near to the final tram stop south bound) so it's difficult to time your arrival right, but there's a Premier Inn type pub 10-15 minutes walk towards the airport to use up time.
I didn't have a good experience here. Though I counted 6 staff for the 6 tables, they seem very stressed and rushing around so you don't get much attention. Both times I asked for an extra drink they forgot but at least were apologetic. The bigger groups got disproportionally far more attention. I have seen husband and wife teams running bigger places who were more under control. And it can be very, very noisy. Food was nothing special, it was ok. But the specials looked worth a go, huge plate-fulls of meat etc. under a rich sauce. It is authentic with Italian staff.

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank pony2323

Manchester
“Great little Restaurant”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Had a short midweek break with the wife who loves Italian food and thanks to the advice of fellow Trip advisors found this place. It is a little out of the centre just south of the Pleasure Beach but still easy to get to from any central Blackpool location. It is only a little place so booking is a must. It is a simply furnished clean pleasant restaurant with a nice atmosphere. The owner is a nice friendly Italian guy who goes out of his way to make sure you are looked after. The food is lovely, I had spaghetti and meatballs while my wife had the carbonara and both were lovely. It is reasonably priced and all in including wine, a dessert and coffee it came to around £55. Would highly recommend but telephone and book.

Lancs
“Believe the excellent reviews”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Quite simply it is excellent. Believe all the excellent reviews about this place, discount the very few poor ones. 6 of us dined here on 26th July and everyone of us enjoyed it. The food was very well cooked and tasted delicious. The staff were very friendly. The owner, chef and waitress all took time out to talk to us and share their knowledge about how they think Italian food should be cooked. They were not overbearing and got the balance just right. This was our first time and it wont be our last. Thank you for a great evening

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank AmyHLancs
blackpool
“lovely”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I love this restaurant the food is always good and the prices are really low my only problem is its very difficult to reserve a table as they are so popular

Visited July 2014
1 Thank wesham
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“A hidden jewel !!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I don't normally find it difficult to find the words to write a review of a restaurant I have visited, but for this establishment I cant find the words to praise it enough ! My friends booked ambrosini's for my birthday treat and boy what a treat ! The staff are fabulous, the food is beyond fantastic and the place itself is wonderful, now the words are coming, the place is small ( about 20)covers but they do two sittings, not plush over the top decor, but nicely decorated with a typical italian feel about it, you can see through into the kitchens, I love that,a good menu, daily specials and reasonably priced, we will definitely be visiting again ! Give it a try.

Visited July 2014