“A little gem of a place...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 10 Dessert in Blackpool
Price range: US$5 - US$7
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ma Bakers is just off the main Preston New Road on the World of Water site (formerly Wyevale Garden Centre).We are open 7 days a week from 9-4pm Mon-Sat, 10-4pm Sundays.We offer a range of breakfast's Served all day everyday except sunday till 12 noon.Sandwiches, pannini's, fresh soup, Jacket potatoes, cakes and much more. We make and cook everything but the bread!
North West
“A little gem of a place...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Tucked away on the A583 on the way to Blackpool is a cake shop and cafe which exceeds expectations of how you would expect a cake shop and cafe to be!

Friendly staff (even during busy periods) and quality food certainly are the most important qualities that one expects and Ma Bakers excels!

Try the afternoon tea which is comparable with those served at top hotels but where you can relax in comfortable surroundings and wear jeans and trainers!

Prices are reasonable when accompanied by the quality and generous portions served. The cakes are all home made and there are plenty to choose from!

Ma Bakers is truly a gem and worth a visit!!

Danielle355, Owner at Ma Baker, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you Sparkle2000 for your review. We are pleased you love our cafe and cakes. Its a passion we have for fresh food. Striving to serve the best to you our loyal customers. Thanks again!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food/service at this hidden GEM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Ma Bakers is situated next to the car park of a garden centre but that is were the comparison to garden centre cafe's ends. This is a true hidden gem and the best cafe for miles around. The food here is top notch and the service is consistently impressive.

I have visited Ma Bakers around a dozen times and it is always consistent. Great quality home cooked food served by clean and pleasant staff. They use fresh local ingredients for most of their meals and all food is cooked to order and is piping hot and fresh - it takes a little longer to cook but is all the better for that.

There are around 30 tables in the large room so finding space is not usually an issue , maybe on special occasions like Mothers/Fathers day. The menu has many cafe favourites plus a daily Chalk Board of specials including a first class Sunday lunch each week with a varied menu. They are licenced and have a bar menu and wine list on display.

The breakfasts require special note and include all local produce , freshly cooked, with hand cut local bread as toast. The addition of mushrooms cooked in butter are a real treat. Sunday lunch is just as fresh with a menu that usually includes a roast and alternative options , including vegetarian.

If all this wasn't enough they have a fantastic cake display with many tempting offerings. They even offer a discount for take away cakes. The also offer a coffee loyalty card which increase the value. You can even put your meal on account and add to this as you go along - very handy on Sundays.

Ma Bakers is not the cheapest cafe in the area but for what you pay you get top local ingredients, freshly cooked and served by enthusiastic staff. The fact that I return more to this cafe than any other in the area says it all - consistency!! This is a top notch cafe run by staff that really care!

If you fancy a trip out of Blackpool - only 15 mins - you will be rewarded by a real treat. It's difficult to find a better cafe anywhere in the area.

2 Thank graymo
Danielle355, Owner at Ma Baker, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you Graymo for your review. Its great to here you enjoy visiting Ma Baker Cafe.
We love what we do and we really appreciate the support from our customers. Thanks again from the girls at Ma B's!
Preston
“So unlike the reviews, next time I will just drive past.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

A nice place to be, and nice balanced menu, but the food is terrible and over priced. We called for an early lunch, and I chose the standard breakfast, my wife had the meat free version; my wife also had a cup of tea and I had a glass of Fanta, it came to £18.00, which is expensive when my bacon was so over-cooked it was difficult to bite through (I still have all my own teeth too!), and my sausages were cremated. Portion sizes were also small, but I left half of it. The toast however was delicious. I pointed out to the waitress at the time that it was probably the worst breakfast I had ever had, and she told me it would be fed back to the chef/cook, and that was that. I also had to wait for some time for a second cold drink, as all the staff were in the kitchen having a good natter. We won't be back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Stef C
Danielle355, Owner at Ma Baker, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your review. As I have already responded to your comment on facebook, apologising for the disappointing meal you received that morning. I also offered you a full refund instantly on reading your Facebook comment. I can yet again only apologise. Danielle
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Called in on Sunday afternoon for a late lunch. It was quite busy and the staff were a little harassed because they had so much to do, but each one had a smile on their face and still managed to welcome us. The food was very good, although there didn't seem to be much lemon on my wife's tuna, mayo and lemon panini. However, the chips are just brilliant. Better than many chip shops produce, so I think they could teach them a few lessons.

My only real negative comment is that the coffee grinder is very noisy, so perhaps it would be better not to sit at the tables numbered 1 to 4, which are very near the service counter.

Otherwise, we really like this place and appreciate the quality of the food. Many places just bang out rubbish, but not here!!
I nearly forgot to mention the cakes and desserts. Mouthwatering selection and really tasty too. a foody like me has a lot to choose from, but hey, I can always keep coming back and order something different each time!! Can't I??

Finally, thank you ladies for your help in trying to find a lost earring.

Danielle355, Owner at Ma Baker, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for your review of our cafe. The things you've commented on have been revised and we now add extra lemon to the tuna and we grind as much coffee as we can in a morning, this eliminates the noise where possible. On a busy day you can appreciate as you did that we still need to grind the coffee as fresh as possible to give you the customer the ultimate cup. Our chips do arrive fresh from the farm in Weeton as you could tell. We make the cakes in house by hand, nothing is frozen. We hope to see you soon, thank you from the girls at Ma B's
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Went here for the 1st time 7/5/14 for lunch and it was really very good, so much so that we went back on the Sunday for their roast dinner, and had the brisket, everything they serve is fresh home cooked food, nothing frozen at all, which really makes a difference these days, the staff are lovely and friendly and would have no problem recommending this place to anybody.

• Visited May 2014
Danielle355, Owner at Ma Baker, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you Julie for your review of our cafe. Its great to hear you enjoyed your visits. We do cook everything in house from the ham to the cakes, so any dietary requirements can be catered for as we know exactly what goes into it. Its very rare these days. Thanks again from the girls at Ma B's