“Anniversary meal”

Ranked #1 of 741 Restaurants in Blackpool
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Opening Hours: Friday and Saturday: Serving 5pm - 10pm (food orders 5pm - 7.3pm) Sunday: 1pm - 5pm (last orders3pm) Reservations not always necessary.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Anniversary meal”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We postponed the celebration of our anniversary as McHalls were fully booked for the night we wanted, so we waited an extra week. We weren't disappointed, from the minute we walked in we were made to feel at home. Service was excellent, even taking the time to learn our first names. I have a food allergy and I rarely, if ever, get the chance to actually eat what I want when I go out for a meal, but not here~I had my own special menu.
Nothing was too much trouble, I would happily recommend this lovely bistro to anyone; I can guarantee once you've tried it, you'll be back.
Thank you to our hosts Gavin and Danny.

• Visited August 2014

“Fab food & Friends for life”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My friend had her niece over from Germany over for a visit & wanted to take her for a traditional Sunday lunch after we had taken her & her granddaughter horse riding , I really didn't need to think hard of where to go !! And made the call at very short notice !! Very very accommodating even though full to bursting !! I hadn't been since March ( husband golfing & family commitments ) but Danny greeted myself and his new friends with open arms . Straight away he knew my tipple and that I liked plenty of ice in it :) we explained to Danny about our companion needing to learn English and he explained everything perfectly and with fun ( sheep , cow or bird to eat ) with noises :) You get the kind of service that is attentive without being overbearing , we ordered three of Gavin's pates & one soup all of which fantabulous and with homemade bread , so much so my friend asked for eight more ! ( in a joke way , bet she could of eaten them ) we had three lamb one turkey , stunning again , right more wine and a little breather before desert ......... Sticky toffee pudding with homemade ice cream x 2 and chocolate brownie & ice cream x 1 oh and a cheese and biscuits as we are not fat enough !!! It was a fantastic end to a fantastic weekend & I promise I won't leave it so long next time !!

Visited August 2014
Bodelwyddan, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere, all in all a great experience”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

A fantastic dinner and service was perfect for a group of us celebrating a friends birthday, I went to the Ivy for my birthday and I much preferred McHalls.
I cannot recommend this place highly enough, we are all planning our next trip and plan to stay as well as eat here - just perfect

“Fab 40th dinner:)”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Came to mchalls on TripAdvisor recommendation did not disappoint! Fabulous atmosphere fabulous food and fabulous hosts Danny and Gavin- was celebrating my 40th and had the best night will definitely come back and highly recommend to anyone else thanks for great night guys:)

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Perfecto!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Booked as No1 on Trip Advisor and defo not disappointed. Everything was perfect - food amazing, service amazing, ambience amazing and all at a very reasonable price.

Very relaxed and cosy atmosphere and deserving of No. 1 spot. Would love to go back sometime and perhaps even for a sleepover!

Gail (aka Kate Bush) & Rosco