“Perfect”

Ranked #226 of 911 Blackpool B&B and Inns
chester
“Perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed at the b&b Blackpool with my to girls. ( 3 &7) we had a fantastic stay. So much that the girls wanted to move in because John made us so welcome. Our room had a double and a separate room for the girls with bunk beds so they could see the tower sparkling from.Which was perfect . Breakfast was perfect . I recommend this b&b and would definitely stay there again. Very good value for money and John is a perfect host. Thank you x

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank ChesterVagabond
TheDoctorIsIn2010, Owner at The B&B Blackpool, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear ChesterVagabond :-) Thank you for your lovely review - much appreciated. I am thrilled you all had such a good time. Your room (room 2) has the separate bunk bed section which has proved popular with parents as there is some division between the adult and child sections whilst still being the same room. And yes the view is good with an 'over-the-rooftops' view of the Tower with it's new colour-changing LED lights - great for the kids :-) (actually I love it too!) Thank you too for your compliments about the breakfast. And the host! Many thanks. It was a pleasure having you stay at the B&B and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the future. Regards, John

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leigh, Lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

A friend & I booked a midweek 1 night stay here at the end of November '13.

Not sure what to expect, upon entering the hallway it felt a little dingy as often is the case.
Upon entering the room, we were shown the facilities by the friendly owner.
The room was freshly decorated but a bit cold, although it soon warmed up when we put the (very effective) heater on.

The things that mattered were there - a decent comfy matress, crisp, clean bedding, clean en-suite (no mould around the shower as is often the case....) and fresh clean towels.

The following morning, we were greeted with the friendly owner who offered us breakfast - decent filter coffee & full english that was freshly cooked & not the usual fatty stodge.

I'd happily here there again & recommend it.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PhilVanessa
TheDoctorIsIn2010, Owner at The B&B Blackpool, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for your kind and well-judged review. I am glad you found the room clean and comfortable. I had new room heaters installed this year and they do pump out the heat, as you say! Your shower had its silicon seal replaced this year and regular cleaning keeps it fresh and white. I agree with you that the halfway is currently on the dark side but the hall walls from ground to top floor are next on the list to be repainted in fresh white which should help a lot. I hope to have that done before Xmas 2013. At The same time I also plan to white gloss all the room doors which are currently a dark red. I hope the overall effect will be much lighter and more welcoming. Thank you for your compliments regarding the breakfast. I am pleased you enjoyed it. If you are planning another trip to Blackpool I would be happy to welcome you back. Regards John
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Myself along with 8 others stayed here for the one night during our visit for the football in Fleetwood. We were a group of well behaved males, firstly it was nice to stay in a hotel that accepts us!
John was very polite and welcoming on arrival, shown us all our rooms. We booked the whole hotel.
He arranged a taxi for us straight away with no problems.

The rooms are basic, but clean. If you want the first class, go elsewhere and say first class prices.

Room 5 I think it was that I stayed in was huge. Very comfy bed too.

We didn't have breakfast as we wouldn't of been awake early enough.

Would definitely stay again if I decide to come up to Blackpool in the upcoming year.

Thank you.

Carl.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Carl thank you for your kind review. Much appreciated. It was a pleasure to host your group which was indeed well behaved and polite. Thank you. You booked a room only stay which saves money and is popular with guests thinking they may have a late night. I am pleased you found the rooms clean and comfortable. Yes you did have room 5 which is the largest room overlooking the rooftops to the Tower. It was refurbished this summer and has a King sized bed. I would recommend you and your group to any hotelier (though of course I hope you book with me next time you are planning a visit to Blackpool). Regards, John
Walton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We booked an en-suite double room with breakfast and had the paperwork to prove it. We needed an easy to access room because I find walking difficult and stated this on our initial booking. If they couldn't provide it I would have presumed they would at least have phoned or refunded.
The room we were given was in the attic, two floors up and the 'en-suite' bathroom one floor down. The whole place was grubby and the room was filthy and smelled bad! There was dirt and dust everywhere and it got on all our clothes.
We were told that there was no breakfast booked even though the paperwork clearly confirmed there was and had to spend extra money finding it for ourselves. Even the in room tea and coffee was no where to be seen.
All the staircases are extremely narrow and the picture shown on booking.com in no way reflect the condition of the interior. I'm not even convinced it is the same building. It certainly looks nothing like the picturesque welcoming English b & b we were expecting.
DO NOT stay here.
If I could have given no stars I would have.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Vicky653
bandbmanager, Public Relations Manager at The B&B Blackpool, responded to this review, 29 January 2017
I am so sorry that you was upset. We are now under new management and would love for you to give us a try
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent location and ideal for couples. Just as it appears on the website... the room was clean and very homely, staff were friendly and available when required and breakfast was delicious. Would definately reccomend, and would stay again at that very reasonable price for sure.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sean P
TheDoctorIsIn2010, Owner at The B&B Blackpool, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. I am glad you had a good stay here and found the room comfortable and homely. It had a full refurbishment earlier this year. Also thank you for your compliments about breakfast, which is included in the price of your room. Much appreciated. I hope to be able to welcome you back here again in the future. Regards - John
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We booked this bnb by the pics it shown on the net yes the bedrooms was painted that way but that's as far as likeness was it had carpets from 1970 maybe even older it smelt fusty and old, when we booked we was told breakfast was include..... What they didn't say was it was only continental. If we wanted a cooked breakfast we would have to pay an extra 4.50 and it didn't even come with sausages not the continental was only tea,coffee juice ( the coffee was horrid purculated. Rubbish)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
14 Thank Kayleigh M
Thank you for your review. We are now under new management and would like you to give us a try.