“Average”
Review of Mecca Bingo

Mecca Bingo
Ranked #36 of 81 things to do in Blackpool
More attraction details
Owner description: Mecca Bingo offers great value food and drink in a modern upbeat venue. We combine traditional games of bingo with the latest touchscreen technology making it easy to play and socialise with friends. This site is over for 18s only.
blackpool
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

went to mecca bingo, with the family, for the Grand night, caller was average speed, great service getting books, think there should be more electronic devices as was all out 1 hour before bingo started. seats are uncomftable and need updating, but a good night out

Visited August 2014

Bolton
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Worst Mecca yet!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Today was my first and last visit to Mecca Blackpool! Upon arrival the lady checking cards was rude and didn't explain to any1 where they had to go for tickets etc. then when I went to see how much the tickets cost simply by looking at the sign near the ticket sales, the ticket guy said "we ain't selling tickets yet so move!" . During the game the number caller was constantly telling people to "shut up"... The staff there was very ill mannered & since when did playing bingo become a visit to the library . I certainly won't be visit this bingo hall again!!

Visited July 2014
10 Thank Tanyahurst92
Burnley, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“The only bad activity on a lovely sunny Blackpool trip.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Me and my partner had two days to spend in Blackpool and saw the Wowcher deal online for Mecca. We bought the deal for £7.77 and rang the venue as advised a week in advance. I told them which date and time I would be attending and they put my name down.

Upon arrival I was told it is a free night anyway, and it is a waste of time using the voucher I paid for (which included snacks and a drink). After telling them I had come to Mecca Bingo especially to use the voucher on my trip they told me I could always got to the Bolton one (when I live in Burnley) I don't drive so we agreed we'd just use the voucher anyway to get the food. When I asked why when booking nobody told me I was wasting my time he said "oh maybe they didn't know" Didn't know it was a free night?

Anyway, after being told again when collecting our book that using our voucher was a waste of time we went to the bar with the free snacks and drinks vouchers given at the desk for "Allan" to look at me and say "I don't even know what I'm doing with this??" after messing with his till and mumbling to himself he finally asked us what drinks we wanted, then tried to charge us £5 something for the snacks. I told Allan the voucher clearly says snack platter and drinks. He argues it only says free drinks then tells us he doesn't know what he's doing again. Then asks me for a table number... I had no idea I needed one as I have never been before (Which was a stipulation of the deal). "Well I can't give you it without a table number can I????" So I look around the tables... come back and tell him I'm not sure where the numbers are, to which he looks at me like I'm an idiot (maybe I am?). A nice lady then shows me that its actually the bingo ticket numbers on the tables. After all that is sorted he finally decides the food is included. We get a receipt and it works out the voucher is worth less than you would actually pay (due to it also being a cheap drinks night). We cut our losses and sit down, after a 20 minute wait, what we think is our food is balanced by a member of staff on another table and eventually thrown all over the floor. We wait another 20 minutes and finally go and ask where the food is "Oh I threw it on the floor they are making it again" Nobody bothered to explain why anything was taking a while, staff were rude and rushed.

My main issue is these vouchers of which over 600 were sold were especially for people who had never been to bingo before. There was no explanation, sheer annoyance when you didn't know what you were doing, and the only reason so many people were having a good time is because they were self sustaining, and didn't need the help of the staff..

I don't think I'll ever try bingo again, the games were ok, but it ruined my night.

Visited June 2014
7 Thank SproutFarmer
Leeds, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“mecca bingo blackpool”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

when away I always visit bingo as I love bingo

nice place but very few computer boards least I have seen at a mecca
big shortage of staff compared to other mecca bingos spent more time queuing
top bar not well stocked i.e. no tonic no Budweiser had to go queue at bottom bar after ten minute wait at top bar
bars closed bang on 9.15 so could not buy a drink for late session , good night out but
5 out of 10 compared to other meccas I have visited

Visited May 2014
1 Thank mrmbest
Blackpool, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Stuart the bingo caller makes this place fantastic!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

At the Mecca Bingo Blackpool, you will find a huge floor of seats which i have to estimate would take hundreds and hundreds of people!! (and often gets very busy!) Its clean and tidy and well maintained, the food and drinks are very reasonable, and they even provide Free ICE cold water for you to help yourself too anytime you like! I have also seen lots of people take in their own food, now i dont know if this is officially allowed or not? but no one seems to mind! I am told that the Blackpool site is one of the luckiest as well! But for me? the cherry on the cake is Stuart! the bingo caller! he is so funny with his One liners!!!! We go for the entertainment of his humour as much as the bingo!! lol If your going to visit Blackpool? and like bingo? then this is the place to go! all in all a lovely friendly bingo hall!! :-)

Visited April 2014