“Relax”

Ranked #340 of 764 Restaurants in Blackpool
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2013

How wonderful to stroll down the prom and end up in a beautiful conservatory, the organist was playing fab tunes some old and some new, were in our 40's and thoroughly enjoyed our day.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Visited April 2013, rooms great but restaurant is not a patch on recent visits. Usually stay BBEM but buffet has shrunk in choice for evening meals and breakfast. A la carte looked reasonable, perhaps this is a tactic to get people to plump for that option? We weren't offered it but still managing find enough choice which benchmarked well for Blackpool just not on a par with what you may associate with the Hilton brand. Desserts were tasty and plentiful but coffee kept running out at dinner time, replaced quickly when you asked but not monitored by the numerous staff stood next to the tea / coffee pots ?
Staff friendly and attentive though.

Singer in the bar was entertaining with a wide repertoire.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Over bearing service and average food. The waitress must have asked if the meal was OK about 20 times. The food was only adequate - my rib eye steak was tasteless and the "blue cheese" sauce!!!! There is no way the steaks were cooked to order - as soon as we finished the starter they asked how did we want to wait for main course - within a couple of minutes the food was at the table. I ordered Lancashire cheese for desert to be told they didn't have any and my wife ordered a tasteless seemingly out of the packet cheesecake. Very average meal that wasn't worth the money

Reviewed 7 May 2013

OK, I'm biased as I have been staying here for teh last 3 years but I have to say that I find it hard to resist when they have the carvery rather than table d'hote.

There is a soup starter or you can choose, as I do, to plunder the various cold dishes, e.g. prawns, smoked salmon, smoked mackerel, cold meats, pate, waldorf salad, etc, etc, etc (some folk I know have both).

The selection for the main course is usually a roast, a couple of fish dishes, a couple more meat dishes and a vegetarian option. Usually accompanied by self service vegetables of 2 types of potatoes plus 3 or 4 other veg. During school holidays there are also such healthy options as fish fingers and chips for the kids.

Deserts comprise several cold collations, a couple of hot dishes with custard or cheese and biscuits. Alas, being diabetic, I cannot comment on the sweet ddeserts but there are usually 3 or 4 cheeses available with grapes, celery and biscuits.

All I can say is that I have never been disappointed with the carvery and always end up eating too much.

1  Thank K31thw
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I purchased one of the deal monster five course Sunday lunches at the Hilton Blackpool. We have used this deal before, earlier last year and had found it quite disappointing. I must say that on this visit, it was far more enjoyable. We decided to eat later in the day and booked for the last sitting at 2.30 p.m. Because of this, it was a lot quieter and there was still plenty of choice. We were served tomato and lentil soup at our table, which was really nice and the waitress came immediately to take our drinks order. My husband then helped himself from the salad bar, which had plenty of prawns and pate. I chose to miss this course, as I did not want to be too full for desert. The cavery consisted of pork loin, beef, salmon, vegetable curry all served with the usual yorkshire puddings, vegetables and roast potatoes. This was then followed by a choice of cold and hot deserts. Unfortunately, due to the time of dinning, there was not the same choice of deserts available as many had been finished, however there was still a couple of cold ones to choose from and two hot. I must say that the trifle was hughly disappointing, as there was no taste to it at all, however the bread and butter pudding was lovely. I noticed earlier that the cheese and biscuits had been completely emptied, however when returning for coffee, they had replenished some of it.

All in all it was definately value for money and we will be returning again. One slight blip was the cost of the glasses of wine. I had choosen a small Merlot and my husband a white Chardonay. When we received the bill, they had cost £5.80 and £5.70 for a very small glass. Furthermore I was only informed on settling the bill, that we could have had a full bottle for £15. This was not memtioned upon ordering. We are actually visiting again next week for the afternoon tea, though after reading the recent reviews regarding this experience, i am to say the least slighty worried. Whatch this space!

1  Thank helen_dewilde