“The Farnborough”
Review of The Farnborough

The Farnborough
Ranked #773 of 861 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Nothing special, but great for a couple nights stay. Could do with updating, modernising but you get what you pay for. Myself and friends paid £15 per night with breakfast, so we couldn't complain. Didn't have hair dryer as stated, and no door number on my room door, but clean. Just needs few touch ups, owners were friendly.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Firstly I'd like to say the reviews are not all what they seem.
I stayed here as a single male for a week , the hotel looks very respectable from the outside compared to others I've seen
On arrival I was greeted by the manager , and checked in , I was upgraded from a single bedroom with shared bathroom , to a twin room with fully working en suite .
The room was clean the bed was clean and comfortable .
The bar . It was quite social with lots of other holiday makers (but not over priced)
Great for having a few drinks before heading into town
Breakfast was good . Didn't taste cheap
All in all I had a great stay and would defiantly go back ..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for a few days with my partner and our two children. We had the family room on the first floor which was a lovely bright room with pine furniture. The bathroom looked brand new and the shower was great. Breakfast was a real treat and set us up for the morning. We thought the place was good value and will definitely go again!!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dan432
Reviewed 28 October 2013

There was 11 of us staying here altogether. Bar was never open games room was closed and when it was open the only working this was the bandit. Rooms were disgusting one of the rooms didn't have a shower another the shower was over flowing. The beds were uncomfortable springs sticking out of the mattresses carpets were dirty and thick with dirt. Windows were covered in grime and bird poo. We were charged or a family room for 4 and only giving a triple. Charged for breakfast twice which was then freezing when it was giving to us we were charged for an extra glass of orange juice. The whole place was dirty damp and smelly. We were giving 2 towels between three people. I can safely say all 11 of us will never be staying in this hotel again it is horrendous that the place is still open. I would not recommend staying here don't believe the good reviews.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jaiicee21
Reviewed 27 October 2013

we stayed here for 3 nights and can honsetly say was one of the worst hotels i have stayed in as soon as we walked in the front door we could tell it was not the cleanest of places it had a stale smell to it the rooms were very small the shower did not work properly so had to get a cold one the best ting about it were the beds they were really comfy you only had half an hour for breakfast wich left a lot to be desired it wasnt a bufffet you helped yourself to cereals but whilst you were eating them they were bringing your breakfast to you so you had to eat them quickly we had to ask for more toast as we onlt got 3 slices between 4 of us and same with the coffee and tea there was tea and coffee ect in the rooms on the first day but it never got replaced so had to ask for that too so be warned before you consider booking this hotel i certainly will not be staying there again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate M
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel was awful. I have never stayed in a hotel like this before. The one and only staff member was very nice maybe a bit to nice for some. When we arrived the rooms we wanted were not available and we were moved several times. I wouldn't even sleep there if it was for FREE. The bathroom was awful like it was from the 20s it was so bad I stayed out in the cold all day and left early in the morning. The smell was enough to knock you out please don't believe the good reviews about this hotel

Room Tip: Tip is not to book here!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LucyLouGuv
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Myself and my boyfriend booked the farnbrough for 5 days, we arrived here and the mangers firt reply was "oh I forgot about you two" then infromed us that there is electric work going on and that we would have too move down to the other hotel the greenmount, so we went along with it the room that we got there was stains on the towels, both lamps in the room didnt work aswell as the shower didn't have hot water, , I asked to speak with the manger his reply was are you two not happy I can refund your money there was no apologly so the manger moved us to a different room also we heard the manger say to his staff why do they have to be so misrable about, which I don't think that wanting a shower that has hot water is asking a lot ,, the room we moved to hae an electric shower although if u moved the shower head it would come out the wall . Don't stay here

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple