“Lovely little cafe!”

Ranked #1 of 43 Coffee & Tea in Blackpool
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: FINALIST 2015 - CAFE OF THE YEAR- (North-West Region) Quality coffee shop/cafe.Excellent selection of cakes,sandwiches and more at exceptionally reasonable prices.Luxury interior and surroundings,with cool marble,elegant seating and fantastic service. Outdoor seating available. Breakfast served from 8.15am-1pm.Our food menu finishes at around 3pm,when we would be delighted to offer Coffee, Cakes & toasted goods until closing.
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Lovely little cafe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Visited here on my own at the beginning of the year, and enjoyed it so much I brought my mum here while on our summer holiday. The service is lovely and Janice is so friendly and welcoming, the prices are very reasonable and the cakes are amazing! Thank you for another lovely visit to Cedars!

Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello to you and your Mum !

Thank you for taking the time to review Cedars.
We are both delighted that you enjoy our little Cedars so much, that you had to share it with your mum !

Until your next visit, and with many thanks...
Janice & Mark x

Long Beach, California
“A Warm Welcome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My sister and I were in Blackpool for a week, for the Rebellion Festival. We are not early risers, so we were delighted to find that the cafe served a full breakfast until 1PM. The food was far superior to what we were served in our guest house (and even in another neighboring cafe, where we paid more).

The cafe, itself, was impeccably clean, well appointed, and situated in a quiet little nook, which was a welcome respite from all the hustle of the town centre.

What I appreciated most, though, was the warm, friendly service. We were so impressed, and we felt so welcome, that we actually returned later in the week with a visiting friend (who raved about the cake, by the way).

The next time we're in town for Rebellion, we'll most definitely be eating at Cedars.

Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
What a lovely review, all the way from sunny California !

We are both thrilled that you enjoyed your recent visits to Cedars, and felt that you were welcomed.
It is lovely when our international visitors take the time to review us, all those miles away!
I hope air force one isn't being too noisy for you, and that when you next return for the festival, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.
Until your next trip, take care,
With best wishes Janice, Mark & Tom x
tommypip
“Favourite cafe in Blackpool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Firstly I owe an apology, in a previous review I said it was excellent but expensive, I was wrong! It was one price that stayed in my head (Posh Cheese on Toast) the food is actually very reasonably priced indeed (in fact the same as you pay in greasy spoons). So sorry for that! (My husband paid on previous visits!).

Every time I am in Blackpool I visit this café, it is a little gem.

I always have scrambled egg on brown bread because this place does it so perfectly. Fluffy yummy eggs.

The owner is a very friendly warm character, it is clear she loves the place and wants to create a great experience for customers. The way she dealt with some disabled customers and a large group including several children (re-arranging chairs and helping them inside) was very professional and nice.

I shall continue to visit and recommend to all, a warm inviting place.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank seahorsesparkle
Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
A second lovely review !
I really don't know how to start my reply......

There was no need to apologise for your previous comment, about your first review...everyone has their own thoughts on value for money, however for you to write those lovely words, means the world to Mark & I.
Mark makes the scrambled eggs, as all the other food, and he thanks you for appreciating his efforts!
To receive good service and to be welcoming costs nothing, and it is a pleasure to welcome every single person to Cedars, and it is a pleasure to help in any way I can.

We both look forward to you visiting Cedars soon,
Until then, with best wishes
Janice & Mark
Blackpool ,Lancashire.
“Very pleasant cafe.Well worth the visit.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Called in for breakfast.Very attentive service in pleasant clean surroundings.Lovely fresh and wholesome food.You can not ask for better than that.Would certainly go again.Thanks.

Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Many thanks for your lovely review of Cedars. We are delighted that you thought everything was just right, and that you didn't require more.
We do hope you will visit us again soon,
With best wishes Janice & Mark
Blackpool
“Great value, superb service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Called here for lunch with our granddaughter and were delighted. The cafe, which is clean with an attractive, modern feel, is family-run and other cafe owners in Blackpool should visit here and see how it should be done.
Good-sized portions offer very good value. We all had sandwiches, but I had the club sandwich with a side portion of chips. As it turned out, the chips - although very good - were not really needed, such was the size of the club sandwich. The service was delightful, friendly and honest. Plenty of other tempting things on the menu, so we will definitely return... in fact we probably wouldn't go anywhere else for lunch now.

• Visited July 2014
Janice A, Owner at Cedars, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your trip to Cedars.
We are both thrilled that you and your grand-daughter enjoyed your visit and that you enjoyed your Club Sandwich !

Your lovely words regarding other Café owners, is deeply touching and it has personally touched me that you felt so strongly about the service you received.

Both Mark & I look forward to welcoming you soon to our little Café,
and until then, with warmest wishes..
Janice & Mark