“Avoid like the plague , sleep in your car it will be warmer”
Review of Silver Beach Hotel

Silver Beach Hotel
Ranked #821 of 859 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I've nothing against Germans but the woman behind the reception would be more akin to working in a concentration camp , rude ,hairy and unhelpful . The hotel is the only one on the street with no light working outside it , the one with the boarded up window. Our room was at the back so I was not expecting a great view but when I peered through the curtains I realized there was no window just a board where the glass should be , I went in November it was 1 degree above freezing and no heating in the room combined with the draft from the board it was 1 degree inside aswel we both ended up sleeping in our coats to keep warm , I had a wash in the morning and when I pulled the plug out of the sink the water all re-appeared in the shower tray then when I reached for the towel I found there wasn't one ,( these are a pound each from reception), breakfast was a slice of toast or cereal once I left the hotel and returned to my car I discovered a parking ticket on it after parking the car outside on the road where the hotel suggested as the car-park had reached its limit of 2 cars for the 30 or so rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Chineseen
There are newer reviews for Silver Beach Hotel

Reviewed 24 November 2013

me and the lads stayed here on 23/11/13 and was dreading it after seeing reviews we only booked because was cheap and cheerful when we arrived we kindly asked the owner if we could check in early as we walked far from car park with our bags and she said NO you cant pretty sharp i then asked if i could use the toilet and she said not working so No and walked away. Also had problem with shower water went off completely on me and took a while to come back on.

OVERALL IF YOUR GOING OUT TO GET DRUNK LIKE ME AND MY LADS WAS ITS SOMEWHERE TO PUT YOUR HEAD AND SHOWER NOT BAD FOR MONEY.

PLUS PRETTY CLOSE TO TOWN !

Room Tip: floor one not bad
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This place is a right dump the only good thing was the location but the road is full of other b&b so plenty to choose from. Where do I start to tell you how bad it is, it is out dated, damp, smelly, dirty and dingy. The room is small no room to swing a cat let alone get ready for a night out, it was dirty and outdated decor, damp walls, smelly, the bed was hard and uncomfortable, the bedding didn't fit and was inside out, curtains hanging off the rail, a piece of glass missing from the window, the kettle didn't fit on the bit that boils it so didn't work, one hanger in the wardrobe, clock on wall that had stopped, an extension for the electric sockets, old tv which top of the screen made people green, a shower that I wouldn't wash my dog in, toilet didn't flush properly, the water trickled out of the tap, shower curtain hanging off the rail. Am sorry I didn't read the reviews before coming because I wouldn't of come and decently won't be back, thank goodness it was only for one night. Reading other reviews people saying about stains on the bed and when they put the bedding the correct way it was all stained makes me feel sick

Room Tip: Book some where else
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 8 November 2013

this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in! Do not go there! pictures look good on web site but when we got there squashed in family room, wallpaper hanging off walls also electric wires showing through, shower had lots of mould and breakfast was bread jam cereal and drinks. It wasn't the cleanest place and bar wasn't even open on sat night! more like a hostel rather than hotel!!! NO sea view as advertised!

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shelly L
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We booked a family room for me and my partner and our 17 month old daughter. Photos on the website didnt look too bad, but when arriving at the hotel found them to be of a totally different hotel. When we arrived reception is a small desk in the corner, the decor is very old and in urgent need of updating.

We were in room 29, which is located on the very top floor, we had 7 flights of stairs to go up with no offer of help and no lifts. The hotel smells of damp and if very dingy. Once in the room we were appalled, both the bedroom window and the bathroom window would not shut, couple this with the fact that the heating was not working made this room freezing. Therefore we had to have our daughter sleeping in our bed to keep her warm.

The plug socket by the kettle did not work and had a plug pin stuck inside, the plugs under radiator had 2 x plugs plugged in but god knows where the wires ran to, then there was a single plug with double socket plugged in for the TV.

The bathroom was appaling, cracked sink, no shower door so had an old dirty shower curtain instead. Carpets in the room were dirty and floorboard was broken. The curtain rail was broken so the curtains kept falling off and the bedding dirty.

About 2.30am the fire alarms were going off intermittent for around 30 mins which woke the whole hotel up.

You have to pay extra for tea, coffee, milk and towels. Then breakfast was taost and cornflakes. Absolute disgrace for a hotel.

When booking out you basically leave you key in a bucket in reception, We left the hotel and had driven away when we realised we had left my glasses, we returned to the hotel, got the key for the room we had stopped in, returned to the room and got the glasses and went put the key back all without being noticed by any staff, the only member off staff we saw our whole stay was the young girl on reception that booked us in. Its no wonder that they dont have staff on reception in a monring, that way they can dodge all the compaints they would be getting. I didnt speak to a single person in the hotel that had a nice word to say.

If we could have found another B&B then I would have left and paid for somewhere else, I am surprised that this hotel is allowed to trade.

Room Tip: If you want to book a good room then choose another hotel. Do not stop at this hotel, especially if...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jasmin C
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Same as Catherine C, we had No. 19 and No. 23 family rooms, Well where shall i start, on first entering, the curtain was not big enough for the window and was hanging off the rail, the carpet looked as if it had never seen a hoover, the clock on the wall had stopped, the quilt had what looked like blood on it, the toilet didn't flush properly, the shower cubicle was broken and therefore leaked all over the floor, yep the bar was closed and the fire alarm woke both kids up and kept us awake, could we find anyone to complain to ??? never saw a soul,
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole !!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Shelley C
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We went to this hotel and hoped for the best . Dodgy electrics ! Holes in the floors and the banister going upstairs were loose ! There was missing drawers , smashed shower door and the toilet door was hanging off . If you wanted the tv on , that's if it worked you could not have the kettle on or the lights on .

When the fire alarm went off the person in charge of the hotel at that time had no idea what was going on or what to do and said to the guests of the hotel . I don't think there is a fire just go back to your rooms , he said he thought it went because someone was taking a shower !?

The breakfast was very basic , cereals and toast , but only half the toaster worked ! Whilst sitting in the lounge a lady came down from room 11 . she told the lady on reception , ive still got no water this has gone on for three days and the receptionist replied , don't worry I have called the electrician !?
We would never go here again and would not recommend it at all ! We cant understand how this hotel is still open . the pictures on there website are nothing like the hotel inside . Please do not book to go here !!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family