The Bedford Hotel
US$74
Lyndene Hotel(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$46
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Blackpool South Shore(Blackpool)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$57
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewlovely pooltoastkippersfootball teambit datedlovely hotelpool tablenorth pierbudget hotelexcellent value for moneyfull englishfood was lovelystayed for nightspublic areasshort break
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights After reading a bad review, i was dubious but i found the bedding very clean and the rooms comfortable, a bit outdated furniture and no hair dryer etc, but i brought my own anyway i found the room spacious and a better sea view than at the Hilton. Meals were tasty especially the soups, maybe a bit more choice on mains, Breakfast was good too. I also liked the way they asked if u wanted water before your meal. Can't comment on entertainment i am afraid as i am sorry but when only a short walk to the tower and town why stay in? Great location too not far up to stagger back from and if its raining, but away from the drunken crowds. Didn't use the pool etc due to being too hungover but on my list for next time. I would recommend to friends and would go back again. I found all the staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. Thank you for your comment about our sea views, we look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 13 August 2011

Stayed at the Bedford with family from 7th to 12th August, when first arrived thought the hotel looked really nice from the outside, we arrived rather early and was told couldn't check in until 2pm which was understandable. After a few hours we came back and checked in, we were impressed with the rooms lovely and clean and
spacious, although two of the rooms were very warm but this may have been due to being situated above the swimming pool. Dinner and breakfast was great with excellent service from the waiters, although on the first night we had to wait till 7pm to have our dinner due to being the only arrivals and no table. The hotel bar is great with entertainment each night to suit everyone's tastes. All the staff at the hotel including the cleaners are
very friendly and you could not fault them. Overall I would say this is an excellent value for money hotel with great facilities to suit guests of all ages.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Miss-KMcG

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Went to Blackpool for the weekend with friends. We were recommended to stay at The Bedford by some close friends so booked the hotel accordingly. The directions given by the hotel was spot on and we got parking right by the front of the hotel. As we walked in reception welcomed us with a massive smile which made us feel like we had ARRIVED. Arriving early was not a problem the rooms were ready and waiting. I had a Twin room with a sea view and when i say sea view it was a clear Sea view and a lovely sunny day. The room was large airy and clean and it was then My friend and I smiled then screamed " we are at the seaside". The hotel is ideal for walking to all the local attraction s incl pleasure beach, Blackpool Tower and the nightlife.
We had a stroll in the day and came back to the hotel where we had dinner in the resturant. The food was wholesome and tasty we had soup for starters then roast beef and Ice cream for dessert. We had a few drinks at the bar where the entertainment was setting up. To our surprise the Karoke was set and we was up singing along with the other guests in the hotel. We didnt want to leave.

The bar staff were fun and we also played the Dale Winters Quiz with other guests on TV on the lotto show. Great fun. This was a real set up for the night ahead in Town (to be honest we could have stayed in the hotel bar with the Karoke).

Adrian at reception and the bar staff were exceptional. Can not fault the hospitality.

We did not use the pool (ran out of time) but on the to do list for next time. We are already planning our next trip to blackpool and to the Bedford hotel.

Thanks guys for making our weekend one to remember

:-)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank travel201035

Thank you for your kind comments, thank you so much, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. Hopefully you will get chance to use the swimming pool next time! We look forward to welcoming you all back very soon. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Have stayed at this hotel 3 times now, once a fews years back & twice this year. Booked to go back again this year and in January next year.
Location is great, far enough away from all the drunken noise yet close enough to stroll into town or crawl home again.
The hotel is suitable for all types, I have been with friends and also with my partner, the hotel caters for couples, families, the older generation, youngsters.
Rooms are clean as are the public areas, food was very good, breakfast we had a full english and was perfect, was not dripping in grease was just right, we also have had dinner here twive and again, 3 course meal was bang on.
I have stayed in a few hotels in the area and the Bedford takes a lot of beating, in fact I have yet to find a hotel that I prefer.
The staff are what really makes this hotel, a special mention to Adrian, very friendly, welcoming and helpful, no question is too much trouble and David from the bar is a gentleman along with Rocky (Kitchen) who is a laugh, all in all, a fab stay each time and I can not wait to get back.
I have suggested this hotel to all my friends and family and have no worries that they will not enjoy their stay also.
Some of the negative comments from way back on here I find very untrue. If you want a 5 star book a 5 star and pay for it, This hotel is a good 3 star at a very reasonable price considering its great location and lovely food/staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments, thank you so much, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you all back very soon. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 18 July 2011

Lovely hotel. Excellent value for money. Room was decent size and decor. Everything we needed was there and the flat screen was a nice touch. Brilliant view out of the nice big window, was lovely waking up to that. Nice warm swimming pool, good attraction. Brekkie was lovely and cooked to how we requested. Great choice and dining room was well set out. The main plus point we found was the helpfulness of the staff. They were by far the most helpful bunch of hotel staff that we're ever likely to come accross. With no exaggeration, there was nothing any of the staff would not do for us. I'm sure they'd even give us their last pound if we'd asked!! Where else would the manager give a customer a lift in his own personal car all the way accross blackpool to get a battery for our motorbike so we could get back home?!! Have recommended this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help, I always think and hope that if I need a new battery for my car or motorbike somebody would be helpful enough to assist me, I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.