“JUST BRILLIANNT”

Ranked #113 of 857 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“JUST BRILLIANNT”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Went to the bedford hotel didnt no what to expect ..Arrived late on thursday was tyred got up friday it was very windy and cold ... Was weekend away from kids before our engagment party we thought it was spoiled ..... NOPE we spent a day laughing in the pool had a lovely dinner in the hotel ... The young guys sorting the dinning tables and taking orders were just lovely ... There was a bowling club in for weekend what a laugh we had with them ..The barman was funny .. Myself and my fiancee do travel about a lot .For friendliness which i find important the staff i cant rate hi enouth ...... Realy made our stay pleasant remembering due to very bad weather we were stuck in ..... THANKYOU AGAIN FOR THE FUN WEEKEND ....even made new friends we are keeping in touch with ......

Room Tip: Get a sea view if available
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, it was a really good weekend! Myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Hotel lovely, staff friendly, breakfast spot on with wide choice of eggs, cereals, juices, yoghurts. Played bingo-didn't win. Fantastic pool, warm and welcoming. Had toys and floats to play with including goggles and snorkels. Had the pool all to ourselves as not busy and my son swam for the first time without aids! Very proud! Television great with all channels. Clean room, cleaned everyday. Would reccomend and will definatley stay again if my son and I return. Staff great and let us store our cases and bags all day. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you took full advantage of the swimming pool and your son learnt to swim here, I will pass on your kind comments on to members of staff. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
kerry
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Brill location with tram stop just steps away. Great staff, exhausted from overnight travelling and it was fab to be able to get our room before 11am. We really appreciated that. Lovely pool area that was quiet and clean. Room was very clean but shower curtain could have done with being replaced - bit grotty at the bottom. Didnt realise we had to preorder dinner so cant comment on evening meals but the cooked breakfast was good if a little skimpy. Lots of cereal & fruit too though. Overall very happy and would return.

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and please accept my apologies over the shower curtain our housekeepers have been shown how to check them daily and replace when needed. I am pleased you took full use of the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
darlington u.k.
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We spent the jubilee weekend at the Bedford. Despite coming to Blackpool for many ,many years, it was the first time we have stayed here. We found it very good value for money. We were all impressed with the rooms. Sea view, really comfy beds and pillows and plenty of storage space.Loved the swimming pool and sauna. Great if the weather,s a bit iffy. The Hotel is just a decent stroll down to the North Pier and there is ample parking at the front of the hotel. To top it all the staff were all very friendly and accommodating.
I would also just like to mention the Black Cabs in Blackpool. We left a bag in the back of one and although we had very little to go on to identify this cab, all the drivers at the rank went to considerable trouble to track down the one we had used and we were re-united with the bag. Big thumbs up to the Blackpool Cab drivers.!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I will pass on your kind comments to other members of staff. I am pleased you took full use of the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
scotland
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed at the Bedford hotel in May and had a thoroughly enjoyable experience, the hotel offers a good sized room which is cleaned everyday and a lovely breakfast is served by nice friendly staff,a pool and bar are also available which are just perfect after pounding the streets of Blackpool, myself and my wife would highly recommend this hotel for anyone wishing to stay in Blackpool.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012 via mobile

Just returned from two nights at the Bedford. It offers excellent value for money with a great location ,free parking, lovely breakfasts fab staff,comfy beds/ pillows what more can you ask for!!
My 6 year old loved the pool which was empty during our stay. All the staff we met were great especially gentleman on reception not sure if he was the owner but printed me vouchers for ripleys(which my husband had left at crazy golf).would definitely recommend to friends and family

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help, I will pass your comments onto members of staff. I am pleased you took full use of the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.
Willenhall, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I have set holidays, and this week was the only week where me and my wife could actually get the week off together! So, last Thursday I hit the net, and looked for a couple of nights away at a seaside resort that wasn't a million miles to get to, in case I needed to urgently return to the midlands as my mother is recovering from a serious op.

Anyway, used booking.com, and found a good deal at another Blackpool Hotel, however the reviews didn't half put me off. So looked again, and found the Bedford. originally booked 3 nights, but booking.com said the deal had gone up!. I booked our 3 nights as 2 seperate bookings to get the deal. So, I paid online, then contacted the hotel direct, to ask if they received the bookings. They said it was fine, they would count it as one booking, so we wouldn't have to "check in and check out". Nice chap on the phone, and looked forward to seeing us.

Sunday night, disaster struck. My wife somehow managed to break her metatasil in her right foot, and we ended up at the hospital til the early hours of monday morning, with her coming out in a cast. We were given an appointment to go back in the middle of our break. My wife was determined she wanted to go still, so she nagged the hospital until she got in. In the meantime, I understood Id booked on a no-refund basis, but rang booking.com to tell them the situation. They were as much use as a chocolate fireguard, so I contacted The Bedford direct.

I spoke to one of the owners, and he was understanding of our predicament, but those were the terms, however what he told us they were prepared to do if we needed to cancel was totally different to what the web agent said! Anyway, they were fully understanding, and explained there was 5 steps to the entrance, but once in they had a lift, we were in a room next to the lift etc. The hotel really did do their best to try and meet our needs if we couldnt get there on the first day.

So, we manage to get there monday, check in was faultless, and we were given clear instructions about the hotel, such as front door policy, check out, facilities blah blah.

We got up to our room, and although the room was facing the back of the hotel, (defo would request sea view next time) It was spacious, has 2 beds, drinks tray, and en-suite shower room. The room was clean, tidy, although the wardrobe,dressing table was a bit dated than I imagined after seeing the public areas.It reminded me of my Nans spare room! anyway, we had a nice flat screen tv, and the beds were lovley and comfortable.

We had a good nights sleep, apart from being woken up by the smell of the breakfast coooking mmmm lol!! Breakfast was served between 8.30 - 9.30, and there was plenty of juices, yoghurts, cereals, tea/coffee, and various options such as kippers, or the "Bedford grill" This was the main cooked breakfast, and there was toast, butter, and marmalade too. Even more toast was offered after we demolished the first rack lol. This was one of the nicest hotel breakfasts I can ever remember, and Ive stayed at a few hotels whilst ive been away on tour. Evening meals are available, but we didn't dine here. I went to the bar for a couple of pints, and whatever was being cooked smelt delicious!! I just feel that the hotel could maybe promote this more, i.e. maybe a menu in the room etc?

Unfortunately, and this was the main reason we booked the hotel, was my wife liked the fact it had a sauna, spa, and pool for residents. Due to my wife's leg being in plaster that idea was put paid to. However we had a quick look, and we were impressed. We did enjoy the lounge area on the ground floor, enjoying the sea view from the lounge whilst checking emails using the wifi available in public areas. there is also a pool table, to which I got thrashed twice!!!

We found that this was a nice, friendly hotel, and would definately stay here again. Nothing was too much trouble, and as I pointed out, we booked through an online website. My advice would be to book with the hotel direct too. The hotel is situated just away from the main life of blackpool, and there is a tram stop opposite a couple of doors down, plus a bus top right outside the premises. very handy indeed.

We talked to some of the residents, and it was good to see a mix of old and younger people, we are in our early 30's and on the entrance we saw a few pensioners! During the time here, I chatted with some oaps, and they asked if it was our first time at the Bedford. I explained it was, and they say they always go at least twice a year and have never had a bad experience. This was pleasing news, as I think word of mouth is a good thing.

To sum it up, can't fault the hotel to be honest, we would go again, and recommend it too.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MrT1981
Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable, I am pleased you used and enjoyed the facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back, thank you once again.