The Bedford Hotel
The Strand Lodge(Blackpool)
Parisienne Hotel(Blackpool)
The Strand Hotel(Blackpool)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewlovely pooltoastkippersfootball teambit datedlovely hotelpool tablenorth pierbudget hotelexcellent value for moneyfull englishfood was lovelystayed for nightspublic areasshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Luckily, only paid £35 for myself and my boyfriend for one night in this hotel. I feel the pain of anyone who paid more. I wish I could of rated the food staff seperataly to the other hotel staff, as the waiting staff at breakfast were brilliant, lovely, very friendly and professional. The gentleman on reception however I found very miserable and not welcoming at all. We were merely passed our keys and told to check out at 10:30. We weren't told where anything was or anything. When we came to check out also, we couldn't find a member of staff anywhere.
I think the manager should learn to take some constructive criticism, the replies to some of the unhappy guest reviews I find rude and VERY unprofessional, and for THIS reason I would never recommend this hotel. I wish I had read all these reviews before I chose this hotel.
I will await your unprofessional sarcastic reply!!!
Go down to the young kitchen staff and learn some customer services from them :)

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jodie_dbk
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

I am sorry to hear the guests did not enjoy their stay, we do try and make guests stay most enjoyable. I was not on reception at the time of check –in and apologise for the persons abruptness as for check-out I was still downstairs in the Restaurant, and it is me that trains the restaurant and kitchen staff. I only wish you had spoken to myself with your problems giving me the chance to rectify your views. If the guests would return to the hotel, I will ensure their stay is too our highest of standards. Once again I apologise the guest did not enjoy their stay

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I Booked a room for 4 nights for myself, I asked if my room could be held for 10 weeks,and was told it would be,as I am working in the area, this was not the case they did not hold the room, there was dry blood on the sheets, and when I complained about this they were not interested so I asked on several occasions to speak to the manager but oddly he was never available, I had no apology from anyone and when I asked for a reduction or compensation they were not interested, and to add insult to injury they increased the cost of the room, at the end of my first week.
So all in all I would not reccomend this Hotel and wont be returning in the near future, I travel a lot with my work and this Hotel was the worst I have stayed in, and the staff are not very customer friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Brendan B

I am sorry to hear the guest did not enjoy his stay. We did inform the guest that we cannot offer accommodation on certain dates during the 10 weeks as the hotel was already full, and as the stay was moving into our summer and high season dates so there would be a difference in price. We did not charge the gentleman a single supplement for the double room nor for the evening meals , we did actual give him a very heavily reduced rate. I spoke to the client with regards to dark mark on his sheet and apologised profusely, I did speak to our linen suppliers about this and they also apologised and on further tests found that the mark was actual ink. If the guest would return to the hotel, I will ensure their stay is too our highest of standards. Once again I apologise the guest did not enjoy their stay.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Thank you to all the staff at the Bedford.

I have stayed at the Bedford many times on my own and with my family over the years as I have property in Blackpool.

Out of all the quality places to stay in Blackpool I have always found this one reasonable priced and always comfortable. The staff are always friendly even the ones that don't know me. The breakfast is always good with a really decent choice and is served properly and without a fuss by people with a smile. I'm never worried about what I'm going to get or whether it's going to be ok or not.

Of course there are more expensive places to stay, and I have, but have to admitt I appreciate being warmly welcomed (and recognised) by the staff even if we haven't been there for a year or so.

Would I reccommend? Of course I would! Many thanks to everyone once again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Thank you for you compliments, I will pass them on to the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Thank you once again

Reviewed 9 August 2012

i booked this 'hotel' for a long weekend break on 3rd august for myself my wife who has a severe ongoing illness and my 2 kids aged 13 and 14.we checked in and went to our family room as requested and to our dismay the room was filthy.curtain was covered in black mould,thick film of dust on furniture and phone,stains on carpet and bedding,toilet and shower covered in black fungus and to top it off my son opened a set of drawers and found dirty mens underwear in first drawer and dirty womens underwear in second drawer!
as the room was unfit for human habitation we went back to reception to complain and get some explanation as to why we were given a room so filthy and clearly not cleaned properly only to be met by the most arrogant and abusive manager/receptionist i have ever encountered in my life.his first comment was "i dont have any other rooms" and then actually said we only complained because we were after another room as this happened all the time!
he then offered a full refund and told us to go and find somewhere else for the weekend without even any hint of apology or explanation for the previous occupiers dirty underwear being left in the room.
by this time my wife was in tears due to this "managers" horrendous attitude so he then magically offered us another room which according to him was of a better standard but in reality was every bit as poor as the first room and stinking of cigarette smoke.
our only hope of saving our weekend break was to try and find another hotel with a family room on a friday night in high season.when asked for help to find us somewhere suitable he made no attempt to help us and was totally disinterested and asked us to leave immediately.
absolutely appalling customer services from the most arrogant,rude and downright nasty hotel manager i have ever had the misfortune to come across.
as i said before.AVOID AT ALL COSTS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
i scored this 1 out of 5 only because it is not possible to score zero.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ccvinny
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Firstly I am sorry to hear about the gentleman’s wife and her on-going illness, but I am astonished and cannot believe his comments. I was not on duty that day, so have no idea having nether met myself or spoken how he can fabricate his comments about me. I do however take all matters very serious and have spoken to all member s of staff, various guests and watched CCTV footage of the day and can say it was not the members of staff that were abusive. The gentleman had only booked a double bedded room and as a result became very aggressive and abusive, as the hotel was already very busy with all family rooms fully booked, and the family could not fit into just a double bedded room, the member of staff did offer 2 separate rooms instead, as this is not what the gentleman wanted he became more aggressive, the member of staff did try to find alternative accommodation and actual booked a family room at a much larger hotel, unfortunately this was a hotel that was further along the promenade than the gentleman wanted to be and became much more aggressive. As violent and abusive behaviour will not be tolerated to any member of staff, the gentleman was given a full refund and politely asked to leave. So severe was the gentleman’s abusive and aggressive behaviour that a guest considered telephoning the police. As the gentleman didn’t leave the reception area and the rest of his family stayed outside the hotel, no key was even given to any of our bedrooms. The various hand gestures displayed by the gentleman and both his children from his car on leaving do explain certain things. As a result of gentleman’s horrendous, aggressive and violent behaviour the member of staff was so intimidated and threaten that they have since left my employment.

Reviewed 7 August 2012

Booked 2 nights stay, me, my husband, daughter and her 2 children we had a double room and a double room with extra single bed in, rooms clean, but very basic so was the on suit and both could do with a modem up date but for what we payed could not complain, we booked DBB, nice breakfast and nice home made soup at evening meal, dining room staff very frendly. What was a bonus with having children was the swimming pool which they used twice a day and had a lovely time playing with the balls and floats that were provided. Would stay here again but just BB.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Holidaylady5

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear the guests thought the hotel basic and obviously did not enjoy their stay, we do try and make guests stay most enjoyable, if something would have been mentioned to a member of staff we could have tried do sort something.
I am pleased the guests couldn’t fault our food, and they enjoyed the homemade soup and breakfasts. Also that the guests found our bedrooms to be clean, and they made full use of the swimming pool twice daily.
I feel the service, facilities and standards of accommodation we provide far exceed the guest’s basic comment! If the guests would like to return to the hotel, I will ensure their stay is to our highest of standards. Thank you once again.