“Bedford Hotel”
Review of The Bedford Hotel

The Bedford Hotel
Ranked #159 of 863 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Hi, Just returned from Blackpool.We decided to give the hotel a try for a long weekend break (25-28th Jan).
The price for 3 nights B&B was a real bargain.We weren't disappointed! The rooms were spotless! We had sea view rooms with large bay windows! The rooms were large and more than adequate for our needs.
Beds were made, bins emptied, drinks tray replenished EVERY day! Breakfasts were lovely, plenty of choice,cereals, fruit and juices etc. Cooked breakie was yummy,cooked perfectly and as much toast as you like!
We didn't use the pool during this visit,but, lots of other guests did. This and all the other public areas were also spotless (and believe me I can spot dirt/dust a mile off!!)
. The bar area was comfortable and friendly, plenty of stock and prices very reasonable. Having the lift to all floors was a bonus when our legs were tired from a day exploring!
Last but not least, all the staff including bar, reception and dining were very friendly and always greeted you with a smile. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and this will not be our only visit, we WILL be back and we'll recommend the Bedford to all our family and friends! Well done to all the staff and the owners.
Sue,David,John & Michaela.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan N
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased the guests enjoyed their stay at the Bedford and they found us great value for money. We really do try. If there is anything we can do to help make a guests stay more enjoyable, we are only happy to be of assistance, if we can help we will. We look forward to welcoming you back and once again thank you very much for your comments.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

On behalf of my wife Paula and I , I would fully recommend the Bedford Hotel for a break,Found Adrian and all of the staff very welcoming and Friendly.
While registering a complimentary drink was provided and for residents and to meet up with other residents a Complimentary Afternoon tea was also provided. The rooms were clean and well serviced the Ensuite was a really good size,the Restaurant and Bar areas were good to,although lounge could be a bit tight depending on how many were staying.
The Hogmanay entertainment was good with Guest artist and Disco ,so no complaints there, judt wont mention the "Piper".
For those travelling home by bus the Hotel allowed us all to wait till our buses arrived in the early afternoon, and as a result again privoded complimentary Tea and sandwhiches before our arrival.
Many Thanks,
James McGladrigan

Room Tip: Our stay was spent in 101, and it was good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JamesMcGladrigan

Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable, I am pleased you joined in the celebrations. The complimentary drinks, tea and sandwiches are a chance for guests to meet and join together in the festivities. I’m glad you enjoyed the entertainment, and the staff were very helpful and pleasant, If we can be of any assistance we will try our best to go that little bit further, I do apologise for the confused state of the Piper, but we have had him at the hotel for many years and he has just had a bad illness that thankfully he is getting over. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon, thank you once again.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stay at the Bedford Hotel everytime we visit Blackpool and always find it very welcoming. The staff are very friendly and the manager is amazing always has a smile. The room was as always very clean and fresh i didnt find any fousty smell. Breakfasts are fresh, hot and tasty. I recommend this Hotel to all my friends who visit Blackpool. Thank you once again for another great stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, I am pleased you enjoyed your Breakfast and found it hot, fresh and tasty. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Great price, great food, and clean. Staff were all friendly and helpfull. The kids loved the pool too! Booked a four night stay for long weekend and had a great time. Lovely room with a beautiful sea view. Will be going back again soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, I am pleased you enjoyed and took full advantage of the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights mid November 2012. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the breakfast's were brilliant they had just about all you could ask for. The rooms were clean and we had a great sea view although the weather could have been nicer. The swimming pool and the Sauna were really good and we used them every day. Will stay here again on our next trip to Blackpool really could not fault it in any way. Thanks for making our trip a great experience

Room Tip: ask for a sea view if they are available our rooms were really good
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ronnieduke

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you enjoyed and took full advantage of the swimming pool and sauna and got to use them every day. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

Me and my wife stayed recently at this Hotel, for a short weekend.
The Hotel is warm, and very clean, with many good facilities.
In the morning, at breakfast, we were looked after by a very pleasant Waitress, and the food was very good quality.
The Hotel has an excellent Swimming Pool, and towels are available at the reception.
On the Sunday afternoon, me and my wife were helped by a very pleasant young man, and he even helped us find details of The Grand Theatre, and events that are held there. He advised us of where to go in Blackpool, like the Local Park, and the Zoo etc.
The Hotel is only a 5/10 minute walk from all of the local restaurants, and bars.
I would definately recommend this Hotel to my friends and family, and will be returning myself in the New Year, without doubt. The Manager, Adrian, on reception, took our booking by phone, and offered us deals for next year. He was always very obliging.
Many thanks.....

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help, and it is certainly no trouble assisting guests with advice on local attraction and restaurants. I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

just stayed for 2 nights at the bedford whats wrong with people staying here found staff very friendly had a sea veiw room small but spotless and cosy small flat telly restuarant downstairs lovely and bright good selection of cereals ,yougart fruit and toast hot with good selection of hot breakfast even manx kippers and alovely pool and sauna yes lift is small but had a laugh with us 2 fatty.s in belllyyy to belllyy but it has a lift no its not a 5 star you get wot you pay for we had a smart deal on the internet and anyone reading this yes we have gone further than blackpool a lot around the world in 2 stars in goa to 5 star in dubia so you get a friendly clean nice average blackpool hotel just try it and see.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 207 opposite thelift with sea veiw
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in room 207, I agree so much about your comment “what’s wrong with people” Myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you took full use of the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.