“Brilliant Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #134 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed at the Bedford Hotel in Blackpool, while travelling with the coach company Blackpool Promotions
Although, I had travelled with Blackpool Promotions for the first time, last year, and stayed at the Southbank Hotel, then, this year I chose to stay at the Bedford Hotel ,and It was a choice well made!
The hotel was good, the food was good , and there was plenty of it. The rooms were spotlessly
clean and were comfortable. The staff were very good and helpful.
One night at dinner, I asked the waitress, if I could have a piece of lemon meringue without cream for my dessert as I don't like cream. She replied "That's perfectly fine, Madam"!
The swimming pool was also lovely.
I would choose to stay at this hotel again ,regardless of whether I travelled with Blackpool Promotions ,or travelled privately
Thank you, Bedford Hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Feef44
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you took full advantage of the swimming pool, I will pass on your kind comments on to the members of staff in the Restaurant. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Once again thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

we arrived in Blackpool without any booking and were very scared to end up in a dump. fortunately after trying some over-priced "name" hotels we landed at the Bedford and were very pleasantly surprised.
Excellent value for money. Comfortable rooms (although walls a bit thin!!). Our room was at the back with no view, but we didn't really worry about that.
Convenient location at the Pleasant Beach tram stop, only a few minutes ride into the central Blackpool promenade area.
There is a lift and even an indoor swimming pool and sauna.
The biggest plus is the ample parking out front.
The night we stayed they also had a reasonable singer in the bar.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicholas L
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay more enjoyable, I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool, and also enjoyed the evenings cabaret artist. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and if you telephone me first I will gladly allocate you a sea view room (subject to availability) thank you once again.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed in the Bedford hotel for 5 nights with our 3 children aged 8,5 and 2. The hotel itself is in a great location only 5 minutes from town and beach right across the road. The rooms were good but we were put on top floor of hotel and it became a nuisance to get the baby up and down the stairs there was also no air conditioning in the room so became very hot with 5 people in the small room. Breakfast was good plenty to choose from. Evening meal could have been better especially with only 1 choice for the children each night. The bar was great priced and staff there friendly. Reception staff also very helpful. Swimming pool was very cold to cold for the baby. Overall was a good week.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay with us, we really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. Pushchairs can be left at the Hotel Reception which you did on every evening and carried your baby in the lift to your room, so I do not see this as a nuisance. The family rooms are located high in the hotel as they are quieter rooms. The whole of the UK is having a very rare heat wave, we provided two large fans to cool your room down, and in a few weeks people will be asking for the heating to be turned on. Much newer and large hotels in Blackpool have air conditioning, but you also pay triple the price. Children can have anything they like from the 4 course table d’hôtel menu with the additional option of a childs meal which is changed daily. Some children will only eat health cooked roast dinners. We can not help it if certain children will only eat chicken nuggets every day. The Swimming Pool is set at 29 degrees, once this heat wave is over it will feel much warmer and if your room was too hot surely it was great to cool down in our pool. We hopefully look forward to welcoming you back one day. Once again thank you very much.
edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

hotel was excellent all round, staff great and the beds were so comfy to sleep in after a busy day on all the rides at the pleasure beach, breakfast was lovely, loads of it, never tried the pool, next time, thanks for making it a lovely break guys

Room Tip: back rooms are quite
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Thank you for your very kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help, I am pleased you enjoyed your breakfast, I will pass your comments onto all members of staff. I hope next time you get the time to take full use of the swimming pool. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Once again thank you very much.
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Excellent all round. We have stayed several times now and have had the best of service. Small friendly hotel, staff can't do enough for you. Lovely sandwich plate served around midday. they will serve from the bar at any time. Grand to sit in the comfortable seating (old style wing chairs) with a sandwich and a cuppa, looking out to sea. We were there during a big storm on one of our stays and it was magnificent to watch from the comfort of a sea view room.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a sea view - its well worth it.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments, we try our best to make guests stay most relaxing and enjoyable. I am pleased you had a lovely break you enjoyed your sandwiches and Sea View Room. If we can be of any assistance we will try our best to go that little bit further. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit very soon, thank you once again.
Oldham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed here with my Kids 13, 20. Well they are my babies lol

This hotel was excellent from start to finish, on arrival there were no spaces at the front to park, the gentleman on reception said not to worry and after unpacking he moved my vehicle for me to a rear car park and brought it back to the front at the end of our stay!!!! Thank You

We only stayed overnight on a Friday night but wish we had stayed longer!!

The rooms we had were clean and tidy with everything you need for a pleasant stay.

The staff were very helpful and attentive and I would have no problem recommending The Bedford Hotel to anyone.

Thanks again for my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Andysmithies
Thank you for your kind comments, thank you so much, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you all back very soon. Once again thank you very much.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

my husband and I have stayed here before and it was our 1st choice when we decided to go to blackpool,the guys on reception are really friendly and welcoming,the room was on the small side but it was absolutely spotless as was the bathroom,breakfast was efficiently served and very well cooked,the swimming pool and sauna is an added bonus, we will definetly be staying here in the future

Room Tip: don't forget your swimming costume
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us yet again, we look forward to welcoming you back every time, I am pleased you enjoyed your Breakfast. I and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and once again thank you very much.