“Stands out from the mass”
Review of The Bedford Hotel

The Bedford Hotel
Ranked #157 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Don't no how many hotels Blackpool has to offer but finding a good one has proved a challenge.i have to visit about 6 times a year on business.i have now found my home.close to Center ,good Brecki , pool ,nice people,it's got the lot.and parking,go for it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your kind comments, I will pass your remarks on to all my staff, and I am pleased you consider us a home from home. We all look forward to welcoming you back in very soon. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights from 3rd May to celebrate both my partners 40th Birthday, and also our engagement on same day, upon arrival we were allocated sea view room and upgraded free of charge to evening meal for both nights, which was a nice touch and much appreciated to help make our celebratory weekend special, Our room was nice and clean and had everything needed during our stay, food was lovely, choice of menu for both evening meal and breakfast, staff very friendly and wouldn't hesitate to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Sea View room, lovely view of promenade and Sea.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you chose to celebrate both your engagement and partners 40th at the hotel and that you both enjoyed your stay with us, I am pleased you enjoyed our Evening Meals and the upgrade to a sea view, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights from 2nd May till the 5th may with two young kids and a teenager and 4 adults and we all had a ball. The swimming pool is great to keep them amused if the weather isn't great. We had bed and breakfast for a great price, we also tried the evening meal which was good value for money. The rooms are very spacious and were cleaned every day, the staff were lovely and very friendly and helpful. It is a big out god the central and south pier but the trams are very frequent, the location was great for us as we had kids and didn't want to be in the madness of all the stag and hen parties. Overall a great place for the adults and the kids we would definitely go back and we would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool and took full advantage of our Evening Meals, and as you say we are away from all the stag and hen parties of central area so it is much better for families with young children. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights with my 7 year old daughter on the 25th-27th April.
When I made my booking it was for a small double room and stated max 1 person. So I sent an e-mail explaining that I was bringing my daughter and that I was hoping that we would be able to share the room. I was contacted by the hotel to say that it would be ok on this occasion for us to share and that there would be no extra cost. The room was plenty big enough and we were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived. The swimming pool was a little on the cold side but once you were in it was fine, breakfast was very nice and with a very pleasent atmosphere. We had a very enjoyable stay and would definately recomend to others.
Many thanks to all x

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
BedfordBlackpool, Manager at The Bedford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for your very kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I will pass your comments onto all members of staff. I am pleased you took full use of the swimming pool and it is set at 29 degrees, though I think during your stay water was emptied and fresh cold water is piped back in, this is a process we have to do weekly called backwashing and once done can take 24 hours to return to the correct temperature, so please accept my apologises for this. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Once again thank you very much

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I was part of a large group (27 kids and 34 adults) on a trip to Blackpool for the Easter Youth Football Tournament. We were initially a bit concerned over the standard of accommodation that we might be allocated by the tournament organisers but the Bedford Hotel was recommended to us by the coach of one of our other teams who stayed there last year. I am delighted to say that the recommendation was spot on.
The Bedford is not the Ritz but it was everything we could have wanted and much more. Prior to our trip, I received emails from Adrian at the Bedford to confirm our arrival time and to let us know that our rooms would be ready for us.
All public areas are spotlessly clean and tidy. The rooms are a little tired but clean and comfortable with pristine bedding.
The service at meal times was excellent. For such a busy dining room, no-one was kept waiting for their food.
The bar service was friendly and the 7-9pm happy hour was great value.
Keeping a bunch of 10 & 11 year old boys happy is not easy but Adrian kept the swimming pool opened late on both nights of our stay. Entertainment in the form of bingo and karaoke was laid on for the adults - who didn't hold back, especially after the happy hour!
Overall, I would say that we got great value for our money and we can't thank Adrian and his team enough for making our stay memorable.
Our team is looking forward to a return visit to the Bedford Hotel next year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen L

Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased you all enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased that the children took full advantage of the swimming pool and as the children were all so well behaved keeping the swimming pool open for long is not a problem, as it keeps them occupied and entertained. Also that you all enjoyed the entertainment it was a really good weekend! It does make it easier for us that we were in full contact with each other, so as any changes or amendments happen I am able to inform other members of my staff. We look forward to welcoming you all back next year. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in a very large group with my sons football team. Got a lovely warm welcome. All communal areas where spotless, had great service in the restaurant, great atmosphere, kids loved the pool & manager was kind enough to open the pool later for them. Bedding was spotless & look new. considering the price great value for £ ) .tram stop practically at front door. Only criticism would be the cleaner needs some supervising in bedroom toilets small details ( shower heads ect) as it would have been 5 stars. Would & will return

Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased you all enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am pleased you used and enjoyed the swimming pool and keeping it open for longer is not a problem as all the children were so well mannered. Thank you for bringing the point about the showerheads to my attention, I have spoken to the housekeepers and please accept my apologises for this. We look forward to welcoming you back. Once again thank you very much.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my wife for one night in early April. For the price we paid (£39 through Trivago) the hotel was perfectly adequate with breakfast included. Room was a bit dated however everything was clean enough and worked plus bed was reasonably comfortable. The hotel even had a swimming pool, which although we never used, I was surprised to see at the hotel price. Short walk of 10 to 15 minutes to the centre so not too bad. The hotel is right on the front on North shore, so sea view rooms must be available, although we never got one.
All in all if you can get it cheap enough and aren't expecting 5 star then the hotel is good.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind comments, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, myself and all the staff really do try to make guests stay most enjoyable, and if we can be of any assistance we will do our best to help. I am sorry to hear you didn’t use our swimming pool and sauna perhaps next time. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon, and if you telephone the hotel direct I will do my best to allocate you a sea view at no extra charge, subject to availability. Once again thank you very much.